Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Go #1: Life begins at 3am!

Thought I might restart this since it was lost in the crash.

Quote:
'Go' is set mostly during one long Christmas Eve in the lives of a group of young adults on the events surrounding a drug deal in Los Angeles replayed three different times from three different views. In a straightforward manner; when slacker Simon Baines (Desmond Asknew) takes off for a getaway to Las Vegas with his friends, Ronna (Sarah Polley) takes his shift at the 24-hour grocery store where they work. When two guys, named Adam and Zack (Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr), walk in asking to score some dope from Simon, Ronna takes it upon herself and her friends Claire (Katie Holmes) and Mannie (Nathan Bexton) to buy some some stuff from the local drug dealer Todd Gains (Timothy Olyphant). But the drug deal is a sting that Adam and Zack are forced to set up by an overzealous narcotics agent, Burke (William Fichtner). Ronna is forced to dispose of the drugs. With no other alternative, she tries to double-cross Todd with phony drugs. Meanwhile in Las Vegas, Simon's adventures with his best friend Marcus (Taye Diggs) hit an unfortunate turn during a trip to a strip club, while Adam and Zack end up spending Christmas Eve with Burke and his wife Irene (Jane Krakowski), and afterwards while driving to a rave that Ronna is dealing, the guys accidentally hit Ronna with their car and leave her for dead. Nearby, Mannie nearly OD's on dope, and Claire gets more friendly with a vengeful Todd whom is now looking for Ronna.
From IMDB.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Such pretty caps
Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

she looks bugged out in that last one lol
Old 05-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

ya she looks cute!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

shes such a crackhead in this movie but i like it
Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

I really liked this movie too...

QUICK TAKE:
Comedy: The lives of several groups of young people get tangled as a botched drug deal sets off a series of interrelated events that affect them all.

PLOT:
It's Christmas Eve in Los Angeles and Ronna Martin (SARAH POLLEY), a supermarket checkout clerk, faces being evicted from her place. Desperate for cash, she agrees to fill in for her coworker and moonlighting drug dealer, Simon Baines (DESMOND ASKEW), who's headed to Las Vegas with several of his buddies including Marcus (TAYE DIGGS) who mesmerizes the group with his newfound sexual philosophy.

When Adam (JAY MOHR) and Zack (SCOTT WOLF), two TV actors, come looking for Simon to make a purchase, Ronna sees a quick way to make some money. Visiting Simon's dealer, Todd Gaines (TIMOTHY OLYPHANT), Ronna purchases twenty hits of ecstasy, which she'll then turn around and sell to Adam and Zack for a profit. Unfortunately, she doesn't have enough money for the initial purchase and convinces her friend, Claire Montgomery (KATIE HOLMES), to stay with Todd as collateral until she returns from the deal.Things get worse when she discovers that her other friend, Mannie (NATHAN BEXTON), has ingested some of the drugs and is hallucinating as she meets with Adam, Zack and Burke (WILLIAM FICHTNER), who turns out to be an undercover cop. Flushing the drugs down the toilet, Ronna avoids being busted, but realizes that she still owes Todd his money.Meanwhile and with their other two buddies sick from food poisoning, Marcus and Simon have a violent encounter with Victor Jr. (JIMMY SHUBERT), a Vegas thug, who then pursues the two with his enraged father, Victor Sr. (J.E. FREEMAN). As the night continues to unfold in an unpredictable fashion, the events involving these groups of people soon intermingle in ways none of them would ever have imagined.

WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
Since this one's aimed at the high school and college-aged audiences, it's a likely bet that teens will want to see it.

WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
For strong drug content, sexuality, language and some violence.

CAST AS ROLE MODELS:
# SARAH POLLEY plays a supermarket clerk who smokes, cusses and being desperate for cash, tries to work a drug deal that gets her into more trouble. She also sells unsuspecting teens over the counter pharmaceuticals as illegal drugs.
# KATIE HOLMES plays her friend who can't believe what Ronna is doing.
# DESMOND ASKEW plays a moonlighting drug dealer who goes to Vegas, has sex with two women, and shoots a man in the arm in self-defense.
# NATHAN BEXTON plays a friend of Ronna's who takes two hits of ecstasy and spends most of the film hallucinating.
# SCOTT WOLF and JAY MOHR play two actors who've been charged with drug possession and who turn out to be gay.
# TIMOTHY OLYPHANT plays a violent drug dealer who goes after Ronna when she tries to double-cross him.
# WILLIAM FICHTNER plays an undercover cop who seems to have a sexual thing for Adam and Zack, but his motives turn out to be benign.
# TAYE DIGGS plays a level-headed, fashionably cool young man whose newfound sexual philosophy mesmerizes his buddies.
# JIMMY SHUBERT and J.E. FREEMAN plays father and son Vegas thugs who want revenge on Simon for shooting the son in the arm.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

This movie was a classic im glad this thread was brought up again i love this movie
Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Ya this was such a good movie

GO Katie Holmes Clip
Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i love when she has the sex scene wiuth the drug dealer that was hot
Old 03-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

I thought she looked so cute here..

Katie on Letterman promoting GO
Old 03-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i dont even remember this being in theaters
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Yea it came out in 2001 i remember seeing it with my cousin.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I only remember watching it on DVD. It gets shown on tv from time to time.