Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion- 102 'Models and Mortals'

Written by Darren Star
Directed by Alison Maclean

"If models could cause otherwise rational individuals to crumble in their presence, exactly how powerful is beauty?"

"Suddenly, I felt like I was wearing patchouli in a room full of Chanel." - Carrie

Miranda makes the mistake of going out with a "modelizer" (someone who's obsessed with models); Samantha chooses to go out with a modelizer and has her sexual encounter videotaped; Carrie experiments with Derek the Model and flirts with Mr. Big.

"This eposode was the first time we'd done a fashion show. It was late, about one o'clock in the morning and Candace Bushnell stopped by and said, "I want to be in it. I'm going to sit next to Stanford" We were trying to explain that if she sat down she would be there for the next five hours; that it's not just this one shot. So they talked her out of it. It's so interesting to remember that fashion show and compare it to the one in season 4 when we had a huge budget. It felt really great the first season because we didn't know. We just didn't know." - Willie Garson (Stanford)- from Kiss and Tell, Sex And The City

___

The 'modelizer' that Miranda dated in this episode really creeped me out, he was so strange and i didn't think he was cute at all Sam's determination to be treated just like all the beautiful models was really funny and so sam-like.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't have minded seeing if anything happened between Carrie and that model she ended up bringing back to her place.

The "modelizer" that Miranda dated wasn't cute, by any means. I didn't understand how someone like HIM would even get a model.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree, how did he get these women to even agree to dinner!? I'm not sure if I would have liked to see Carrie in a relationship with the model, he wasn't really that memorable imo. I loved Carrie's outfit in the pics

Old 05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Maybe he was a millionaire? There is no any other way to explain it!

You're right about the model not being too memorable. Now that I think about it, he was kinda dull. They wouldn't have lasted long since Carrie seemed to have more "life" than he did.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

That would explain it!

Yeah he was kind of dull, aside from him being attractive he was kind of sweet but I don't think they would ever last long term

I dont really remember Carrie's scene with Mr Big in this i should watch it, i think it's the one where at the end he finds her in the cafe, and he comes to her to give his opinion on models and in the end he just wants someone to make him laugh... i think, i cant remember

Old 05-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Re: Big scene

Is it also the scene where Carrie tells herself to not turn around and then she does anyway?
Old 05-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

hm I'm not sure, thats the first episode i thought...maybe not?? I'll have to rewatch, I think that the scene in the cafe he leaves, because in the scene your referring to she says 'it would have been so cool if i didn't turn around' Im not sure though, so confusing

Old 05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm thinking it may have been in a different episode. This isn't one of my favorite episodes, so I haven't seen it in awhile.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

I haven't seen this episode in a long time so I don't remember much. But I love Carrie's outfit in the pictures.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

I love that black dress to Anabela

Old 05-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I like her hair. It's the perfect amount of curl and it's not all frizzy and messy. But, what is Samantha wearing? That jacket is horrible!