Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Frank Grillo/Nick Savrinn Appreciation Thread: #1

Welcome to the Frank Grillo/Nick Savrinn Appreciation Thread!

Frank/Nick Fans:
1. Liayso (Lisa)
2. jBosco (Skye)
3. DreamWalker (Mel)

Last edited by Liayso; 05-06-2006 at 06:26 PM
Old 05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really disappointed that I'm the only one here. I think the twist with Nick's connection with Abruzzi is interesting. And the conflict he's facing because it looks like he likes Veronica as a person, it's compelling! Come on! There has to be some Nick fans at Fanforum!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Me! Me!

I've loved Nick from the start. Well, maybe I love Frank and clung to his character from Blind Justice...but I did/do love Nick.

Him turning on Veronica is so not sitting well with me. And being connected to Abruzzi? I'm so baffled...because I love Nick, love Abruzzi and Veronica. But these should not be entangled! If Abruzzi has him do anything to her...I might lose respect for Abruzzi and I can't do that...because I love Abruzzi...

But when I found out who was on the other line, I was speechless. This is getting so good.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I wouldn't say I love him, but I do find the character interesting...especially the Abruzzi connection twist. I'm curious to see what will happen next.

Skye - I'm so agreeing with your thoughts.

Lisa - Thanks for getting this started.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Loyal Fan

People are here!

I don't exactly love his character either, but I just love it when characters are facing tough decisions. Should he follow his orders/duty to Abruzzi or should he help out Veronica, a person he has grown a friendship with? I crave internal conflict like that.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Lisa- I totally agree..............those type of conflicts fascinate me as well.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Seriously.

That's why I'm totally loving Sara at the moment (but I've loved her from the start) and that's why I really liked Agent Hale's character too. He was conflicted about the whole LJ and killing his mom situation. I was so sad to see him go!

Anyway back to Nick, I'm wondering when and how Abruzzi roped him in to keep an eye on Veronica. He did team up with her before Abruzzi knew about Veronica, right?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Lisa - Good question! Some things Nick has done to help so far just doesn't seem like Abruzzi was in the know... He was too sincere about it. I feel bad he's being pulled two ways...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel bad for him too. And yeah, he really did seem sincere about it when he joined up with Veronica. But now, I'm wondering if the story about his father going to jail for a crime he didn't commit is true. Or maybe it is true and Abruzzi and his mob did something to help his father out, and that's why he's doing this for him, because he owes them.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow, good theory, I didn't think about that... We got such limited info on his background. I remember flip-flopping around trying to decide what his intentions were, and he seemed so genuine, I never expected that phone call...

So, is it wrong for me to put him and Abruzzi ahead of Veronica? I mean, I love her and all, and what she's doing for Linc...but she can be annoying. I'd take Nick and Abruzzi over her anyday.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBosco
Wow, good theory, I didn't think about that... We got such limited info on his background. I remember flip-flopping around trying to decide what his intentions were, and he seemed so genuine, I never expected that phone call...

So, is it wrong for me to put him and Abruzzi ahead of Veronica? I mean, I love her and all, and what she's doing for Linc...but she can be annoying. I'd take Nick and Abruzzi over her anyday.
I'd take Nick and Abruzzi over Veronica too. I admire her character for all that's she's doing for Linc, but sometimes she goes about it all the wrong ways.

I didn't expect the connection with Abruzzi either. My original theory on Nick was that his father and Lincoln and Michael's father knew each other, and L & M's dad was the one that did the crime that Nick's dad was put in jail for. Which is why he seemed interested in Lincoln's case. Yeah that was my theory. And it turned out all wrong what with L & M's dad turning out to be some super spy.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Interesting theories guys. I can't wait to find out more.

We've gotten so little background on Nick that it's hard to say much of anything as far as what his connection to Abruzzi is and what he's doing. I do think you might be onto something Skye.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad Nick let Veronica go, but I wonder how long she'll last by herself without him.

And his dad... he just kind of appeared out of nowhere. And then when that guy shot his dad I screamed because I didn't think he would shoot him so quickly. And then he shot Nick! Ah! But I loved his last few lines: "Suck it." What a way to go!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Poor Nick. I'm glad he kind of 'accepted' it before he went. I don't think I could've handled it if he was begging for his life or anything.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I know! I'm glad he didn't beg for his life too! In a way he gave them the middle finger, by not telling them where Veronica was,before biting it and I like that.