Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Dead Man's Blood [Supernatural 1.20 episode discussion]

Dead Man's Blood
Thursday, Apr 20 9/8c

After Daniel Elkins, a vampire hunter (guest star Terence Kelly) and John's (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) mentor, is murdered, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are surprised when John himself shows up to solve the case. John discovers the vampires have taken an antique gun, which has the power to kill all supernatural beings. The Winchester family sets out to retrieve the gun from the vampires so they can use it to kill the demon that took Sam and Dean's mother. The episode was written by Cathryn Humphris & John Shiban and directed by Tony Wharmby.

Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav

Dead Man's Blood
Thursday, Apr 20 9/8c

After Daniel Elkins, a vampire hunter (guest star Terence Kelly) and John's (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) mentor, is murdered, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are surprised when John himself shows up to solve the case. John discovers the vampires have taken an antique gun, which has the power to kill all supernatural beings. The Winchester family sets out to retrieve the gun from the vampires so they can use it to kill the demon that took Sam and Dean's mother. The episode was written by Cathryn Humphris & John Shiban and directed by Tony Wharmby.

i'm british we're way behind so i have no idea what your talking about. sorry.
ilovemereallyido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait for the episode!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

yay! i cant wait for this episode and my weekly jensen fix but im gettin sad we're reaching the end of the season!
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemereallyido
i'm british we're way behind so i have no idea what your talking about. sorry.
Episode called 'Dead Man's Blood' airs tonight (in the US). If you're behind and don't want to get spoiled, I suggest avoiding episode threads.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOVED Dean in this episode! But the episode over all...did nothing for me. Maybe it's because the only Vamps I like are in the Joss universe...maybe it's because we saw way to much of John...I don't know but I just didn't care for it...it's ranks down there with Route 666 for me. *gasp*...but Dean! Squee Dean was great! Loved him standing up to his father! GO DEAN!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still waiting for it to be downloaded but I'm sure the ep will be great. I won't read anything here until I can see the ep myself this afternoon with my sister.

{Max&Alec}
Undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the episode. It wasn't one of the very best, but I thought it was okay. I felt there wasn't enough Dean and that never works for me. hehe. It was funny to see him being in the middle of Sam and John and trying to calm both sides. Poor guy.

And then i loved that he felt he could speak up to his Dad when he believed he was right. I like that he tries to calm Sam too, because sometimes I feel Sam just wants to know EVERYTHING then and there a little too much, like its just for the sake of going against his dad that he questions everything. Dean however he kind of understands whens the right time to ask questions and whens not. And wen he tried to convince John they were stronger as a family I loved it.

Also at the end Sam's all "yes sir" and then Dean is like "we saved your ass" it was so cute to see a role reversal. and both John and Sam were shocked. But i think Dean knows when to say the right things to get through to his dad and it worked in the end! I cant wait to see the next 2 episodes!
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~
LOVED Dean in this episode! But the episode over all...did nothing for me. Maybe it's because the only Vamps I like are in the Joss universe...maybe it's because we saw way to much of John...I don't know but I just didn't care for it...it's ranks down there with Route 666 for me. *gasp*...but Dean! Squee Dean was great! Loved him standing up to his father! GO DEAN!

i thought it was just ok too. And i think for the same reason...i want my Joss-universe vampires back!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ yup that was distracting...I mean yeah it's no fault of Supernatural but no dusting or staking of vamps? It just seemed odd. LOL
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I didn't have time to watch the episode yesterday. Tell me, please, any Sam/Sarah scenes?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

What a great episode. Vampires are real It's funny how here they are chasing ghosts and all sorts of creatures but never thought that Vampires really existed Well, I guess they know better now.

I loved how Sam stood up to his father. Not just blindly taking orders. I agree with him. Their father sent them out, even led them to several places but NOW he wasn't to be all protective over them? I think not. I think I would have acted the same as Sam.

Now this gun... it's cool. Now they just have to track down this thing that killed the women in their lives *sigh*
Old 04-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode was bad, the only good thing about it was Jensen. The vampires were so meh, I liked that they were more 'normal' than other vampires but the actors playing them were so bad, especially Kate, Why did they hire her?

I wanted to slap Sam so badly. I understand him questioning his father about certain things but his questions were pointless, I understand not trusting John as a father because the man is an utter failure at that but he should be trusted as a hunter and as their leader...didn't he teach the boys everything they know? Sam was doing a gross overestimation of his abilities and it bugged me so much my dislike for Sam has officially become hate. He has done the whole 'If it's not ran by me it is not worthy' spiel before to Dean (in Faith and later in Something Wicked) and it was just as obnoxious.

The shouting scene between Sam and John was SO painful I looked at the people watching with me and everyone was cringing. The acting was atrocious, especially Jared's. Jeffrey really disappointed me because I think he is a good actor but during that scene (the entire episode, really) he sunk so bad. When Dean separated them I screamed my thanks to him for ending that horrid noise JP and JDM were making.

Jensen was lovely in every scene. I like how he stood up to his father without being a brat and made a strong, clear argument and was just the more mature, sensible out of the three.

John earned my hatred with his comment about the Impala. Dean looked so hurt...Jensen got this really amazing look in his eyes that just made me wanna
reach over the tv and hug him. Shut up John!!!

I admit I thought the convo between Sam and John was sweet, completely unnecessary but still sweet. Dimples overload when Sammy: What happened to that college fund? John: Spent it on ammo. It was so ridiculously cute! The way John basically admitted to being a maniac and Sammy just laughed about it...I admit I laughed too, it was really good.

At the final scene when John says You were right and Dean replies I am? and he does it without changing his expression and gets this almost dangerous glint in his eyes that just killed me! Plus Sammy's look of shock was pretty funny.