Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Season 1 ~ Strike the prison comment

old thread

Starting June 1, 2007, we're going to begin rewatching the series in order and discussing it in this thread. When we move on to watching season 2, we'll move to the season 2 thread.

Season 1 schedule
June 1: 1.01 - Pilot
June 8: 1.02 - The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton
June 15: 1.03 - Kill Me Now
June 22: 1.04 - The Deer Hunters
June 29: 1.05 - Cinnamon's Wake
July 6: 1.06 - Rory's Birthday Parties
July 13: 1.07 - Kiss and Tell
July 20: 1.08 - Love and War and Snow
July 27: 1.09 - Rory's Dance
August 3: 1.10 - Forgiveness and Stuff
August 10: 1.11 - Paris is Burning
August 17: 1.12 - Double Date
August 24: 1.13 - Concert Interruptus
August 31: 1.14 - That Damn Donna Reed
September 7: 1.15 - Christopher Returns
September 14: 1.16 - Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers
September 21: 1.17 - The Breakup, Part 2
September 28: 1.18 - The Third Lorelai
October 5: 1.19 - Emily In Wonderland
October 12: 1.20 - P.S. I Lo...
October 19: 1.21 - Love, Daisies and Troubadours

Last edited by maplezbear; 09-07-2009 at 06:32 PM
Old 08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

So this is the season 1 thread eh? So is there anybody else here who has sadly one seen the first season?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

The first season was the best, so if you've only seen season 1, you might want to stop there. There are things to enjoy from every season though. Will you be able to see more soon, do you think?

Old 08-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

you really thought season 1 was the best? on my list it's third. so im curious why do you think season 1 was the best?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Seasons 2 and 3 got dragged down by Rory's boyfriend drama to the point where I almost stopped watching. I liked seasons 4 and 6 a lot more than most people around here but I still prefer season 1. The Lorelai/Rory relationship is the main reason I watch the show and they've been moving away from the focus on that. I think it's out of necessity - Rory's growing up/grown up and moved out so there's naturally less interaction between the two of them - but I miss it.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

ITA with you about the Lorelai/Rory interaction and thats always been the most important thing to me and what drew me to the show.

Season 3 is my favorite though bc i thought that it had the most Lorelai/Rory moments or well the more sappy ones like, dont quote me on this but, it seemed that for the first half of season 3 the episodes always ended with Lorelai and Rory and I just love that and think its really cute and stuff.

I agree with your opinion about season 2 but i dont think that there was that much in season 3 once you got past the dance marathon.

oh and i had no problem with season 4 or the first like 16 episodes of season 6.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Seasons 1 and 5 are my favorites for different Reasons, but since this is Season 1 appreciation, i'll talk about that. I love season 1, because it is just great. it's refreshing, new, and has some of the best episodes/moments in GG history. Rory's B-day party, Cinnamons wake, Rory's dance, F&S, we had Rachel (who i loved, even though i'm a huge L/L fan). in my opinion, it is one of the best, just cause it's the first season. i loved season 2 aswell, but not as much as 1. my list is 1 or 5, 2, 4, 3, then 6.
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 08-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Season 3 is my favorite though bc i thought that it had the most Lorelai/Rory moments
I couldn't get past the Jess stuff. The boyfriend drama did die down after the dance marathon episode but then there was Jess. Let's just say that if I spent time on anti-threads, the NITL thread would be my home. I might have started it myself except that I'm anti-anti-thread.

I usually like the first season of a show the best. Maybe that's because everything is new. Season 1 had both of my favorite episodes (Rory's Birthday Parties and Rory's Dance). Beyond Lorelai/ Rory, I was a big fan of Rory/Dean and the whole first boyfriend thing, although I lost interest in season 2 when it became clear that Rory had moved on emotionally if not physically. There were a lot of good L/L scenes too, and I enjoyed Rory getting to know her grandparents better.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I usually like the first season of a show the best. Maybe that's because everything is new. Season 1 had both of my favorite episodes (Rory's Birthday Parties and Rory's Dance). Beyond Lorelai/ Rory, I was a big fan of Rory/Dean and the whole first boyfriend thing,
I second that. Season one is my favorite because it seems like as it was a new show and as it had so much to write about ASP was more inspirated and maybe having more fun. During S1 we watched Rory going to a complete different world and Lorelai there supporting her. The start of a new relationship for Lorelai/Emily. And the L couple scenes that had a different touch...Lorelai still blind, Luke there wanting her, hoping for a moment with her... such classic episodes as That Damn Donna Reed.... S1 was just magical. It made me fall in love with GG.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love Season 1 as well. In some way the first 3 seasons were the best (though I didn't like the Rory triangle either). Sure I liked the E/R drama later, but for Lorelai and Rory it got downhill.
I'm not sure if Season 1 or 2 is my fave - Season 2 has some nice Emily/Lorelai moments. But Season 2 kind of lacks in the Emily/Rory department - apart the one time where Jess came for dinner. Can you think of any nice Emily Rory scenes there? Season 1 had much more.
I noticed that when I wanted to make a Music Video about Emily and Rory - because I've never seen one about them - and I couldn't find a song that would cover all seasons, so I decided to split. I did one about Season 1 only. And when I then thought about S2 I noticed that I'd barely have any material there.

Avi by Valerie
Old 08-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose (View Post)
The first season was the best, so if you've only seen season 1, you might want to stop there. There are things to enjoy from every season though. Will you be able to see more soon, do you think?

Hopefully when I get paid next week I'll be able to pick up somemore seasons.

When the show originally aried I saw the first season on tv, the the channal that had it dropped it and then another channel picked it up for the 3rd season or something like that so I didn't want to start watching it after missing so much.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

My favorite seasons from best to worst

Old 08-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved Season 1. Probably my fav or second fav. 5 and 2 are up there, too.
The reason why I love Season 1 is because there were no 'filler' episodes. Every single one of them was great. It also set up the foundation for the show we all practically worship.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Bringing over from an accidentally reopened old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory4logan (View Post)
seies one was great!i only started watching it on repeats of series two and i haven't watched past series five because i wasn't sure where it was showing but i can't wait to watch them! anyway series one was amazing i loved but i also loved the others series to you all still like the other series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Aw my favorite episode of season one is the concert one one being that Brandon Routh aka the new Superman is in it and the concept is just funny how Paris friends go with the college guys to the party and how Lorelia crashes the party.

I still have to catch up on season one. Missed a few eps here and there but a great season over all. Thank goodness for ABC family with Gilmore Girls reruns.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin

Closed Thread   Post New Thread