Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Provenance [Supernatural 1.19 episode discussion]

Provenance

A young couple is murdered in their home shortly after buying an antique painting of a family portrait circa 1910. Upon reviewing the painting's provenance, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) learn that everyone who has ever bought the painting has been murdered and race to discover how the portrait is causing the deaths before it can claim its next victim.

Is it just me, or is it Taylor Cole?
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Supreme Fan

@Pav: Yep that´s Taylor Cole and I have to say I really liked her in the episode, her character Sarah was so great acted.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this episode, it was kind of sweet (I tried to find a better word but I kinda couldn´t) the way Dean tried to push Sam was so heartwarming and he showed that he really does care for Sam´s heart and he just wanted to help him get back on track and he even tried to talk about Jess which I found was just so sweet

And the excuse with the wallet was so sweet too, aww I loved Dean so much in this epsode, how he wanted to be left behind in the car so Sam could make a move was so smooth (and the music he played ) and at the end when Sam kissed her and Dean was "That´s my boy" awww so damn sweet.
Sonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Brilliant episode.

First of all, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Jared Padalecki - don't beat me but I suppose it has something to do with Jensen because I enjoy Sam's scenes when Dean is not around. I've only seen 3 episodes of Supernatural so far, maybe I'll change my mind later. I know, I know this is actually a JA appreciation thread, but I can't help it, I just have to say how much I liked Sam/Sarah. S/S, it's a sign. Just like Shannon/Sayid. Um, OK, on topic. I like Taylor Cole since Summerland, and I loved her on Supernatural. I hope we'll get to see her on regular basis. Dean was cool in the episode, how else, I like the way he treats and encourages Sam. As for the plot itself, that girl, that doll, that painting... Hands down.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Good episode, especially for a filler one. I have to say I didn't like Sarah, she came on too strong for it to be realistic and she was to Mary-Sue-ish but Taylor Cole is so gorgeous (And looks so healthy, please have more girls like her on the show) she made some of the lines work, she is not a great actress but she sold that line when she tells them she is not going to hide from that painting and she was going with them...very cool delivery. The rest was a bit flat and I didn't see any chemistry between her and Jared but I loved the effect her character had on Sam, he seemed so comfortable after he told her the truth and she saw them in their natural habitat (You guys seem uncomfortably comfortable doing this or something to that effect...great delivery, loved it!) and he seemed a lot more relaxed and just sort of happy...I liked that. The kiss was SO awkward but I think that was the director's fault, they shouldn't have Jared bending his knees like that, it looked uncomfortable. The director should have made him lean over her since he was the one who went after the kiss and focused on their faces not a full body shot...jmo.

I don't like sleazy Dean so when I saw him flirting with those girls I cringed. This guy is supposed to be good at picking up girls and he is extradordinarily beautiful...scorchingly hot, actually but why does he need such lame lines to get the girls? They need to make him a bit smoother if he is supposed to be the 'ladies' man'. Dean being embarrasing to Sam was hilarious, I love how comfortable, how content he is with himself and doesn't care what people think of him. More quiche? Nah, I'm good the guy is talking around a mouthful of food and he still looks sexy...that's not normal!

The fence climbing was so good...mmm....love the way Jensen climbs fences, he just looks great doing it plus is funny to see the taller guy have more difficulty doing it when he is supposed to have the advantage. The whole robbing sequence was awesome, the music and the pace of it all really appealed to the guys I was watching with (So did Taylor Cole, of course ) Plus Jensen holding the flashlight in his mouth...HOT, the flashlight is coming close to replacing the pen cap of lust.

The motel was hilarious and the reaction from the boys priceless. Kudos to the set designers for having fun and teasing the audiences with these absurdly themed places, I'm loving them but next time have Dean bust some disco moves on his bed, preferably after he has taken a shower and before he has put his clothes on...thank you.

Jensen sprawled on that bed was...I haven't got the words for it oh and the knife sharpening...so hot. I am not a violent person but this man makes weapons so ridiculously sexy it's not really my fault, is it?

I loved it when he was teasing Sam but then decided to be upfront and tell him that Jessica would want him to be happy. I was so impressed with Jensen's ability to be the older brother teasing the younger to being so incredibly gentle...I don't mean any disrespect that was so thoughtful of him, remembering the convo they had in Scarecrow and telling Sam he didn't know how it felt to lose someone like that but still getting his point across without being insensitive was awesome. I love how much care he put into that delivery because Dean is so flippant something like that could have come off as sarcastic but Jensen rocked the delivery. That's why I love him...he keeps growing as a character which in turn makes me dislike Sam more. Hee.

Now I am not big on Jared's acting but when he said that Jessica would have wanted him to be happy...HE WAS AWESOME! The way he delivered the line, the subtle change of expression and holding that tear was just perfect, he really should try to soften himself, be more subtle because that's when he is at his best. I still hated it when he talked about Jessica's death with Sarah though. He made it sound like Jessica's death didn't bother him as much as his pain over it...AArrhg! It made him sound so self-centered I wanted to smack him plus when he snarked to Sarah about the doll thing after he was the one who pointed out how they buried the kid's favourite toys with them or something...she should have slapped him over the head but I totally forgave him because of this OH MY GOD! That painting...looks...so good that was so great, I couldn't stop laughing and What kind of house doesn't have salt?!? Low sodium freaks!!! I loved Sam during those lines.

The little girl was so creepy, I knew the actress from Smallville's Accelerate and rocked in both even if she didn't do much but look walk around dragging that doll and look creepy...shudders. Now I have to throw away all the victorian dolls my grandmother gave me when I was little. I always found those creepy but now I can't be in the same room with them.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Diana I pretty much agree with so much of what you said so I wont bother to say it again. I liked this episode even though it was a Sam-centric episode. I loved Dean in the older brother role, pushing Sam to live again, either by teasing or by being serious, or being sneaky and pretending he forgot his wallet! Haha.

The funniest part of the episode was when Dean was trying to break the glass of the dolls cage with his gun and then was about to leave to find something else and then remembered he could shoot it! The way he said "Think Dean!" to himself, i was cracking up!
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Dean was so funny through the whole episode! The way he was teasing Sam was so cute! I agree the "Think Dean" bit was hilarious.
Nida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
Diana I pretty much agree with so much of what you said so I wont bother to say it again. I liked this episode even though it was a Sam-centric episode. I loved Dean in the older brother role, pushing Sam to live again, either by teasing or by being serious, or being sneaky and pretending he forgot his wallet! Haha.

The funniest part of the episode was when Dean was trying to break the glass of the dolls cage with his gun and then was about to leave to find something else and then remembered he could shoot it! The way he said "Think Dean!" to himself, i was cracking up!
Oh, I forgot about the wallet thing. I was so confused because he is supposed to be this amazing hunter but he dropped his wallet while they were breaking, entering and robbing something? Then when he comes over with the $20 note I felt so stupid 'cause I was all 'Dean is getting old or something and then ahhhh....sneaky little b....' But it was very funny, he was having fun, did you see the little smirk? I love that smirk.

The case of stupid brain...we all get it sometimes. I love the way he says his own name, the way he sort of stretches it, I mean. C'mon Dee-an kind of like when he says Sa-um in the commanding voice and I've totally gone off-topic. Oooh and how adorable was hung-over Dean...did you hear the snoring? and the little smirk when Sam says While you were...out and he is all Good times he looks so cute and satisfied, like a kid who got away with something naughty, I love him, could gush about him forever...it's a sickness.