Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
New Fan

North Country (2005) #1

Don’t miss this One Time Only, Special Movie Sneak Preview of North Country, preceded by a LIVE interview and Q&A via satellite with Academy Award® Winner Charlize Theron and Acclaimed Director Niki Caro.

October 19th
8pm ET / 5pm PT

Inspired by a true story, North Country follows the journey of a woman on a road that will take her farther than she ever imagined, ultimately inspiring countless others, and leading to the nation’s first-ever class action lawsuit for sexual harassment. Theron and Caro will share stories about the making of North Country as well as answer pre-selected questions from theatre audiences across the country. Tickets on sale October 7th at regular movie ticket prices.
sherryncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

But maybe I'm missing something?

Usually I have to come to these threads and edit out the links, etc., you people post, but there IS no link, nor information about the sneak preview (not that I'd want to know). Thank you for being a spammer who didn't technically spam - we appreciate it.

As for the movie - I suspect it'll be well done. I've enjoyed films of this genre - Norma Rae, Erin Brokovich and Silkwood, and after MonsterCharlize can definitely carry it off, it's just that I feel like this sort of story has been done so well before, why bother watching?

I know those who were involved in the real class action lawsuit care, and as far as judicial history is concerned it's interesting, but the story just isn't grabbing me.

Still, I hope others will see it as I'm older and have seen the rest of the films in this genre, while I'm not sure those of the current youth generation have. And of course, sexual harrassment or discrimination is definitely a worthy subject...

By the way, I edited the title to reflect the subject matter.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread