Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Good Night, and Good Luck (2005) #1

I can't believe George Clooney's directing a film, and that film looks interesting!

Don't get me wrong, I like George Clooney, I just don't think he carries movie writing/directorial clout. Or at least, he didn't. He's certainly gathered an ensemble cast and is tackling an interesting subject.

Plus - it's in black and white to keep with the subject matter. Woot!

Could be fun, people!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

I saw the trailer, which is what got me interested. Here's the link to the official site.

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

this film interests me as well.....i've seen the trailer a number of times in a theater....i'm impressed with it's entire cast and that it's filmed in black and white........and it's about a period of history, in this country, where people were persecuted for what they believed in, or for that matter the refusal to answer questions about what they believed in..........

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Addicted Fan

I've already seen this movie (in Italy it was released in September) and it's great, guys! Wonderful performances and good directing. It's also a VERY important film these times...it shows how television can be manipulated...this movie is about our present, not only about the past.

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
VU&NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
I can't believe George Clooney's directing a film, and that film looks interesting!

Don't get me wrong, I like George Clooney, I just don't think he carries movie writing/directorial clout. Or at least, he didn't. He's certainly gathered an ensemble cast and is tackling an interesting subject.

Plus - it's in black and white to keep with the subject matter. Woot!

Could be fun, people!
George Clooney has already directed a movie. It was called Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and it was excellent.

This is the second film he has directed but he also directed some of Unscripted an HBO series.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
New Fan

I also can't wait to see this movie. George Clooney is a good actor and I'm sure just as a director. Don't like black & white movies but I think I can look past it for this one.
iblazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU&NICO
......this movie is about our present, not only about the past.
very true....especially here in the united states when we.....meaning me and others that think as i do having to contend with things like "the patriot act".....

one of the things that jumped out at me the most while i was watching the trailer was when edward r. murrow said...."we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
Old 10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU&NICO
I've already seen this movie (in Italy it was released in September) and it's great, guys! Wonderful performances and good directing. It's also a VERY important film these times...it shows how television can be manipulated...this movie is about our present, not only about the past.
I only noticed you for the first time a few days ago (for which I'm sorry - I can be a little clueless some times), but you're intriguing and I love reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Half Undine
George Clooney has already directed a movie. It was called Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and it was excellent.

This is the second film he has directed but he also directed some of Unscripted an HBO series.
*DOH* And I knew that! Not only that, but I LOVED Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (I remember The Gong Show vividly, and how Chuck Barris always felt as if he was about to lose control. It was creepy and mesmerizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblazed
I also can't wait to see this movie. George Clooney is a good actor and I'm sure just as a director. Don't like black & white movies but I think I can look past it for this one.
Hey there! Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy posting here.

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you shrrshrr, you're too kind! I love cinema, so I'll post here a lot, I think!

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
VU&NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Good. And you're welcome.

I heard a review of this film this morning. It's funny - I really like David Straitharn, but I have the hardest time thinking of him as anything other than Moss from Days and Nights of Molly Dodd. It's a testament to his acting ability that I can get beyond that definitive and memorable character. Apparently he's so good in this that the Academy Award for best actor could come down to a competition between him and Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote.

A girl can always dream, but I doubt the Academy would have two such intelligent nominations...

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
Good. And you're welcome.

I heard a review of this film this morning. It's funny - I really like David Straitharn, but I have the hardest time thinking of him as anything other than Moss from Days and Nights of Molly Dodd.

shrrshrr did you ever see him in a film called 'limbo'?????.....i saw it in a theater more than a few years back....'limbo' was directed by one my favorite working american directors.....john sayles ('lone star')

Old 10-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I love John Sayles and Lone Star! And that film sounds so familiar but I don't think I've seen it...so I put it at the top of my NetFlix queue.

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

'good night and good luck' opens this friday in limited (as in very limited)......even here in "the oc" it's only screening at one theater.............i'll be seeing it sunday night at 10:15 p.m......the last show....the late show.....only because of prior commitments...........but at least i'll get to see it.........
Reply   Post New Thread