Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Dear Wendy (2005) #1

The website for this film is awsome fun-

http://www.dearwendy.dk/

I hope it comes to my town soon. I'm a big fan of the movie "Festen", so this will be a treat.

(Please give a warning on this thread if you are posting spoilers OR reviews. I hate reviews before I see a movie)
Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi....i'll be seeing 'dear wendy' at 2:10 p.m. today....will be back later....

in the meantime.....here's a spanish poster of the film for your thread....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mmm I will see this film just for Jamie Bell, he is a cutie and I loved him in Nicholas Nickleby. Im going to check out the trailer now
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Boys and their toys take center stage in "Dear Wendy," an improbable tale of misfits who gain soaring confidence through the presence of their beloved guns. Probably intended to be viewed more as a prolonged metaphor than a realistic narrative, the film is an interrogation of the cultural fascination with the deadly weapons as well as the concept of courage gained through gun ownership.....

and add a girl to the above as well.....

i've been told by people that know.....that picking up a hand gun....all of a sudden makes their arms 10 feet long.....it's also instant power, instant money, instant sex.....a rush, a drug, a narcotic....

'dear wendy' is alot like that....but it's also probably best exemplified by the opening statement to this post......i enjoyed the film and the performances by all of the actors......i could have done with a little bit less voiced over narration....but i guess the filmmakers thought it added to the film and made what they were trying to convey clearer to the audience.....without going into any specifics......let's just say that 3rd act of the film is extremely violent..........

off topic.....dreammuffin.....i saw 'festen' in a theater as well....that was my first exposure to a "dogme 95" film.......(i've seen a number of them)....'dear wendy' does not follow the "vows of chastity" that "dogme 95" films do........although in some ways it looks alot like one them.....my favorite "dogme" film is 'italian for beginners'....i guess the reason why is because it was directed by a woman and has a different type of feel to it...

i would hope that 'dear wendy' comes to a town near you......

all for now....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Slightly OT - I like Dogme 95 films, too, and always thought Breaking the Waves was one of them (it's apparently not).

I'll definitely check this one out.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread