Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Children - For Carrie and Big??

I saw this discussion elsewhere and I wondered about it myself. Do you think Carrie and Big would have ever had children if the show had went on? Personally, I think no. Big was 'older' and I think he might have been against the idea. Plus, I really didn't get a kid wanting vibe from Carrie. I also think they both might be a little to selfish for children. Not that there is anything wrong with that.. because that's kind of the point I am in my life right now too.

I just see C/B doing lots of traveling and having nice things. I'm thinking anytime they might get the idea of wanting a child that they would just borrow Char's or Miranda's. I can see Carrie being a great aunt or god mother, but not an actual mother.

So, what do you guys think?

SATC
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I definitely don't see Carrie as a mother and I definitely don't see Big as a father. If Carrie wanted to have kids, she should have stuck with Aiden. I don't think would have children - it's just not how their story goes...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi,

I think that Carrie possibly wanted children. I remember in the episode where she was dating the Russian and he told her he didn't want anymore children. Carrie didn't want that to be the end all..no children. She wanted the possibility and she questioned her relationship with the Russian because of that in the beginning. She realized she could possibly be givng up having children if she stayed with him. I also think she only went to Paris because the other girls had all gone on with their lives (Charlotte and Miranda married and Samatha was in her serious relationship with Smith)..she felt left-out and it was her only option.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

hmm i don't see big and carrie being parents but i think if she happened to get pregnant by accident, she would keep it and they would at least give it their best shot at parents.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Good points you guys. After I thought about this a bit more I got to thinking that I never could see Miranda having a child either. But, she did and she made it fit. And despite how much she thought she wasn't, she was def turning out to be a good mother.. to more that just Brady.. by the end of the show.

So, maybe there would have been hope for C/B afterall. I just can't see Big getting spit up on his $4k suits.

Carrie questioned her relationship with the Russian several times. Sometimes I wonder if she just wasn't trying to get out of a relationship she really didn't feel comfortable in. God knows I didn't like her in it. Bleh..

SATC
Old 09-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

uh... good question.. as for myself i dont see carrie and big as parents .. at least not at the beginning .. maybe after some years and a marriage they would be ready for a baby. Carrie is not the typical mother type... but so wasnt miranda ...if the show would have continued for like ... 3 seasons or so .. then yes maybe ..the finale would have been "john, I´m pregnatn"

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey,

Also I was watching "Coulda Shoulda Woulda" last night and Miranda mentioned her scary age to worry about having kids aka "43". Carrie said hers was 45. So part of me thinks that having kids was in the back of her mind since she had a age in mind to worry about not having any.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Yep, I remeber that too Tiff. I couldn't imagine waiting till 45 to have children.

SATC
Old 10-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Yep, I remeber that too Tiff. I couldn't imagine waiting till 45 to have children.
Me either! I have a friend of the family that just had her 2nd child at 45!! Yikes..she'll be retired when they are out of high school.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

I think Carrie and Big would have kids ... after 2 years, possibly.