Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Rory in "New and Improved Lorelai"

Season Premiere

New and Improved Lorelai
Picking up where the Season 5 finale left off (or minutes after), Lorelei had just proposed to Luke. Not to worry, Luke's answer to Lorelai's question will be known early in the episode but you'll have to watch to discover what it is. The biking race is still ongoing. Kirk helps out bikers who have injuries. Taylor is not happy with how the race turned out. The Twickham house is going up for sale again. Rory goes to court because she is changed for grand theft boating and criminal mischief. She is represented by Charlie. Emily and Richard are in attendance at the courthouse.
from tv.com

I know I'm starting this thread early, but I think I'm as excited as the rest of you guys about the season premiere. So I had to start it.

So let the discussion begin!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

thanks for starting the thread madelen! (Im still on holiday but im just popping in). I'm so excited for the premiere although I have to wait until I get back to watch it!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

When does GG premier?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

September 13th.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Tommorow,tommorow i love ya tommorow, you're only a day away!

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3
Old 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

yay!!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Anyone seen the episode yet? I've seen some posts about it, and people seem to have liked it. Many didn't like Rory though...

Can't wait for some clips!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
Anyone seen the episode yet? I've seen some posts about it, and people seem to have liked it. Many didn't like Rory though...

Can't wait for some clips!
I did... and yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Rory in it. But I think she's just going through a phase...
Old 09-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I liked Rory. Then again I was against Rory when most people were defending her. So I guess I just like being a maverick.

Rory danced and bonded with people who weren't members of the opposite sex who she felt warm fuzzies for. You just don't see her do that too often. Slacker Rory is more likeable than unabomber shut-in Rory.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loved this episode, but I think Rory is fooling herself if she thinks she'll be happy out of school.

I'm with Logan. I give her a month. After that she'll be sick to death of having her Grandparents run her life (Remember the "Sit Here" chairs anyone?) Then she'll go back to school. Re-consider and maybe take up journalisim again.

I'm saddened that Loralai (sp? sorry) wasn't comfortable enough with Rory at the moment to tell her that she and Luke (who have been in love since episode one and have just been fooling themselves into thinking they are not) are finally getting married. It's too bad that the relationship as great as theirs was has gone so far down the tubes.

Loralai's reaction at the very end of the episode is spot on. the depression she must be in to not have her best friend to celebrate with on the happiest day since the day Rory was born (I'm putting words in her mouth.. but she must be so happy) Speaking of best friends.. I don't remember seeing Sukie.. or the Inn at all. Did we find out what they are doing about the huge company take over? Maybe next week.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not a mushy gushy happy type, but this rifty drama is killing me. Let drama swirl, but leave Lorelai and Rory alone. Why? Because, how depressing is it that Rory has missed Lorelai's graduation day, and now Lorelai's proposal to Luke? They cannot keep having major life moments unshared because of this drama. Aah.

I really like Logan, because he genuinely seems concerned for Rory, and I still like Rory, self-delusional or not.

Honestly, I thought this was a disappointing, anti-climatic, and non-premiere-ish episode.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Haven't seen the clips yet, but I'm glad to hear that everyone doesn't hate Rory.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

i just got home to a newly upgraded 2MB connection and d/led the GG premiere in just 43 mins! Woohoo. im so excited. i would watch it right now if i wasnt about to fall asleep. Cant wait to watch it tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
I'm not a mushy gushy happy type, but this rifty drama is killing me. Let drama swirl, but leave Lorelai and Rory alone. Why? Because, how depressing is it that Rory has missed Lorelai's graduation day, and now Lorelai's proposal to Luke? They cannot keep having major life moments unshared because of this drama. Aah.

I really like Logan, because he genuinely seems concerned for Rory, and I still like Rory, self-delusional or not.

Honestly, I thought this was a disappointing, anti-climatic, and non-premiere-ish episode.
I'm so with you,the only light in that epi was Luke and Lorelei engaged. It's really depressing,I thought it couldn't get worse but now...I'm not totally against Rory,I always loved her but what Lorelei says is right. She needs to get through this now like she did with Dean. It's sad that Lorelei is not the one who helps her anymore but her grandparents.

I hope Logan is the one who helps her out because if not who else would

I can't wait to see their lovely mother-daugther friendship again but I guess that'll need a loooong time,hopefully not too long
Old 09-19-2005, 01:14 PM
New Fan

hi all
i am new in this board. Just bump in to say that the character of Rory is in generall well written and it is real (hec, i was in the 8th semester when i was considering dropping out of university after a bad comment). Don't getme wrong. I love GG being a commedy but the dramatic storylines are also enjoyable. Finally, i want to point out that Alexis does a great job developing her charecter while maturing herself.