Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Charlotte's Web (1973) #1 - What a terrific pig!

Lamb: How about "Pig Supreme"?
Charlotte: No good. It sounds like a rich dessert.
[Templeton walks past with an apple core towards the trough, and Charlotte glares at Templeton]
Goose: How about terrific, terrific, terrific?
Charlotte: Cut that down to one terrific and it will do nicely. I think terrific might impress Zuckerman.
Wilbur: But Charlotte, I'm not terrific.
Charlotte: You're terrific as far as I am concerned.
[Templeton, while holding a piece of orange in his mouth, smacks Wilbur's face with his tail and walks off to the trough]
Charlotte: [after glaring at Templeton] Does anybody know how to spell it?
Goose: I think it's T double E double R double I double F double I double C C C C C.

Wilbur: Congratulations! How many are there?
Goose: There are seven.
Charlotte: Seven is a lucky number.
Goose: Luck has nothing to do with it! It was good management and hard work.
Templeton: [looking at a solitary unhatched egg] Why didn't, uh, this one hatch?
Goose: [gloomily] It's a dud, I guess.
Templeton: What are you going to do with it?
Goose: [sternly] You can have it! Throw it away and add it to that nasty collection of yours! Be careful - a rotten egg can be a regular stink bomb!
Templeton: [patting the egg] I know what I'm doing. I handle stuff like this all the time.
[Templeton rolls the egg away]

Charlotte: Just a minute, Wilbur.
[she climbs up and wraps the fly]
Charlotte: He'll make a nice breakfast for me.
Wilbur: [shuddering] Ooooh. You mean you eat flies?
Charlotte: Why, certainly. I eat anything that gets caught in my web. I have to live, don't I?
Wilbur: Why, yes, of course.
[nervously]
Wilbur: Do they taste good?
Charlotte: Delicious.
Wilbur: LECCH!!
Charlotte: Course, I don't really EAT them, I drink their blood. I love blood.
Wilbur: [gasps] Oh, please don't say things like that.
Charlotte: Why not? It's true.
Wilbur: But it's CRUEL.
Charlotte: Well, YOU can't talk. You have YOUR meals brought to you in a pail. Nobody feeds me. I live by my wits.
Wilbur: It just seems an odd sort of diet.
Charlotte: Do you realize that if I didn't eat them, bugs would get so numerous, they'd destroy the Earth? Spiders are really VERY useful creatures.

I just finished watching this movie and forgot how much I loved it as a little kid, and yet I still do. Im sorry if someone already made a thread for this movie.

Anyone else a fan of this movie?
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There's a movie? I've only read the book when I was a kid. I need to get my hands on the movie too.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

good lord the movie has been made since 1970s, you didnt know that? Eh its alright
My LJ
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No I didn't know. But I'd like to see it, I remember loving the book.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remeber reading the book when I was a kid, fun stuff. They are also remaking the film in 2006
My LJ
Old 09-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you for starting this thread!
I love this movie, still have my copy of the original on vhs. I once randomly got that "Zuckerman's Famous Pig" song from the fair stuck in my head. I can't wait to see the remake and the original's soooooo good.
The scene where Wilber chats to Charlotte's three kids who don't go away, aww so sad but great.
Okay, enough rambling, I this movie thank you Rainstorm18 for starting it.
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Oh man I love this movie. I have it around somewhere I have to find it. Oh man how I cried with this movie. I didn't know they were making a remake, wow
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm scared to watch the movie, because I know I'll cry like an idiot like I did with the book. I cry not so much over Charlotte at the end, but when Wilbur feels lonely and cries because Fern doesn't visit him anymore.
ChiltonYale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cat- Aw your welcome, it was no problem I thought Charlottes songs were really pretty and sad and her death made me cry also when Wilbur thought Fern didnt love him anymore.

Heres whos playin the voices of the new remake in 2006

Dakota Fanning .... Fern
Julia Roberts .... Charlotte (voice)
Oprah Winfrey .... Gussy (voice)
Steve Buscemi .... Templeton (voice)
Kathy Bates .... Bitsy (voice)
John Cleese .... Samuel (voice)
Thomas Haden Church .... Brooks (voice)
Robert Redford .... Ike (voice)
Cedric the Entertainer .... Golly (voice)
Jane Sibbett .... Joy (voice)
Jennifer Garner .... Susy (voice)
Reba McEntire .... Betsy (voice)
André Benjamin .... Elwyn (voice) (as André 3000)
Gary Basaraba .... Homer Zuckerman
Siobhan Fallon .... Mrs. Zuckerman (as Siobhan Fallon Hogan)

It doesnt say who plays Wilbur so I guess that will be a surprise
My LJ
Old 09-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Those are good choices, especially for Templeton hehe.
I forget who some of those characters like Samuel and Brooks are. I'll have to re-watch my copy!
I cried at the part where Wilbur thought Fern didn't love him anymore too! So sad.
So what's everyone's favorite scene(s)?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know same here, Im not too sure with those characters but Oprah will play a great Gussy

Hm, I really like the scenes when Wilbur starts to talk and he is like " I can talk I can talk, I can talk talk talk" and the parts when Wilbur is growing up with Fern and he keeps trying to sleep in Ferns room with her but gets put back outside
My LJ
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

heh yeah Oprah will be good as Gussy.

I like the scene where Templeton goes crazy on the food. "A fair is a fair a smorgesboard, a smorgesboard." I can hear Templeton's voice as I typed that. lol I didn't know at the time but now I know it's Paul Lynde! That was the perfect choice too. hehe (I know I spelled smorgesboard wrong hehe). I like when they decide on the first word and the scene for radiant is good too, "Wilbur, go over there, I want to see if your radiant in action." ooh and Crunchy bacon. I also, being the hopeless romantic I am, love when Fern and Henry go to the fair together. It's sad that she leaves Wilbur but I love cute little love stories.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

oh and I've been reading over IMDB's info on the original. Apparently Danny Bonaduce was the voice of Fern's brother Avery? freaky man. I really gotta watch this again now. lol I'm at college now though. *thinks of the phone call* Mom can you send me Charolette's Web? lol
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh man, this movie brings back alot of kid memories. I use to watch it alot when I was a little kid. My favorite was Templeton as well. Him just wanting to be lazy and eat all the time

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Nightcrawler21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Templetons song about food he is a silly but fun character. I would do the same thing if I was in college also.
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread