Old 08-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Queen of the Damned (2002) #1

i love this movie
~abby~
tickle582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

I went to watch it on the theater when it came out but I really didn't like it. My expectations were so high, though. For some strange reason I do own the DVD, maybe the commentary track can shed some light on the choices made for this adaptation.

I hated that the last scene was Lestat walking hand in hand with Jesse. I don't know what happens in the book but still.

The character I liked the most was Marius. He deserved a better movie.

BTW, with what happened to the city of New Orleans I wonder if Anne Rice's house suffered any damage.

My heart goes out to all the victims of this storm. I wish I could get on a plane and physically help the relief efforts.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked this movie. Although I still prefer the book. Anne Rice is one of my favorite authors
Old 08-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought the movie was alright though it made me mad on how they didnt really follow along with the book that much and the book is awesome! I thought Lestat was a hottie though.

My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I cant really watch this movie.... seeing that aaliyah died when the movie was almost complete...
Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was an Okay movie
InkFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't really like this movie. It just didn't work for me
strawberrykisses617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Total Fan

It was alright. I was somewhat disappointed with it. The book is my favorite in the series, and I think the movie could have covered it a little better. Plus, I just didn't like that they recast Lestat. Tom Cruise played the role perfectly and it was just difficult for me to accept anyone other than him.

It was sad about Aaliyah, although I was never a fan of hers. She did a good job in the movie though. But again, I wish the movie covered more about the book because Akasha was a really interesting character.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Akasha was really interesting...they should've went back to how she became a vampire...even though i understood how the filmakers said that part of the book requires it's own movie
Old 10-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover
I cant really watch this movie.... seeing that aaliyah died when the movie was almost complete...
It was so sad!!!But you sould see the movie!!!She did reallly well!!!!

I like this one!!!!I haven't read the book but as a movie I think it is nice!!!

I have a question???Here in greece there no books of Ann Rice but she has got my attention!!!Can anyone tell me about Armand, the vampire we meet in the movie "interview with a vampire"!!!I really want to know what was his story!!!!How he was created??Is he the oldest one??What happened to him after Luie left him????And does Ann Rice tell us who was the very first one vampire???How they were created????
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart
Akasha was really interesting...they should've went back to how she became a vampire...even though i understood how the filmakers said that part of the book requires it's own movie
Yes, that is so true.

I love how the book goes back and explains how vampires first came into existence. It's really interesting.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence
Plus, I just didn't like that they recast Lestat. Tom Cruise played the role perfectly and it was just difficult for me to accept anyone other than him.
Personally I disagreed. I think "Interview" is a better movie, but I liked Stuart Townsend as Lestat better than Cruise. Not that I think Cruise did a bad job, just thought Townsend was better which was sad cause I didn't really like the movie that much.
Arhasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Total Fan

It's funny, because I hate Tom Cruise. Interview is the only movie I like him in. I guess Stuart did okay, but in general, I really don't think he is a great actor.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved the movie in general. Simply because in most Vampire movies they make the vampires just like some blood sucking monsters but here they gave them feelings and emotions. Its why I like the Blade trilogy and Underworld series so much.But this came out I think before both of those. So QotD was really what set the trend of giving them an almost human side.Plus the fact that i love Lestat/Jess helped alot

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana
rrpdsks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence
It's funny, because I hate Tom Cruise. Interview is the only movie I like him in. I guess Stuart did okay, but in general, I really don't think he is a great actor.
Aw, this post was made on 10/11/2005. I turned 22 that day.

lol, Anyway... Stuart Townsend's best acting, in my opinion has been in "Night Stalker". He was terrific, really really good. Everytime I remember the show was cancelled I feel like breaking something!

It's on DVD now so when I gather up a few bucks, I'm buying it!!! I waited long for that BOX set.

Re: Tom Cruise.

I agree absolutely that Tom Cruise probably did some of his most amazing work in Interview. He may not be Marlon Brando but Lestat suits him so well.