Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
New Fan

Beauty tips thread

hey, i was hoping to start a thread on beauty tips and health tips. Its embarassing, but I don't know very much about the topic because I never had any strong females roles in my life.

I had a lot of general questions, and hoping to get a few tips. I think you guys are a great bunc, you guys have really helped me out on the fitness thread

I was wondering a few things:

1. What is the best way to get a good shave underarms? I can never get a clean shave. Do I used a moisturizer before i shower? after? What is the best way if I shave everyday? I read somewhere to use dove, but i can only find deoderant.

2. I am looking for a good (dont know how to call it) system for washing my face. I am very prone to pimples red areas and blackheads. What have you guys found useful? I never konw which to get, Clensers? moisturizers? Strips? blackhead remover? MOre than one at a time?

3. What is the best way to not have to shave girl's "mustache"? bleach it? wax it?

4. i blowdry my hair very often, and it always gets really frizzy on top (I straightened my hair. I am looking for something that keps the friz down without a weird smell (if anyone undertsnds this lol). Like a chemical smell. Something that smells fruity would be neat.

cant think of anymore yet lol
cant think of any more lol.
PeroxidePhony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

1.The safest way to shave ur underarms is wax it before applying the wax take some ice-cubes and rub on the underarms this will make sure that u don't feel much pain.

2.Have u heard of Tea-Tree oil this oil helps to remove pimples n their marks and there is Tea-Tree oil soap available,u can use this soap twice a day this keeps ur skin clean and also helps remove pimple marks.If u want to use cleanser then be carefull while choosing.Choose a cleanser for oily skin and follow the steps thoroughly it will work.

3.Well i personally wax it so i would recommend wax it

4.Blow drying ur hair makes ur hair more n more frizzy n easily breakable cos the hot air damages the root of the hair which makes it brittle n frizzy.Avoid blow drying it try to dry it naturally by sitting under the fan,do not comb ur hair when it is wet it breaks easily when it is wet,ur hair is frizzy it means ur hair is dry so try conditioning it with

egg yolk=keeps hair healthy,shiney,soft
curd=is very effective to get rid of dandruff n it makes ur hair soft n shiney
honey=makes ur hair shiney n soft
tea water=it makes ur hair strong,gives it color,and conditions it
henna-conditiond ur hair,makes it strong n healthy

Well i hope my tips are useful if not i'll try to findout someother tips.U can asks queries n clear ur doubts
Old 08-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

Helllllllllooo

1) I would Recomend, you get shaving foam and a good razer, theres nothing like a bad one, and shave against the direction they grow, that way it will be as smooth as it can be, if it starts to get iritated leave it for a while untill it feel better to start shaving again.

2) You can use all in one wipes, i use the johnsons make up remover ones, but i dont tend to get many spots and my skin is relativly spot free. But if you get pimples and blackheads i'd use separate clensers Toners and Moisturisers. Clinique 3 Step is a good one. http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/...p_landing.tmpl You could also try finding a good face pack tp use once a week. If your acne is like a big problem for you, you can always go and see your docter and they can give your stuff for it.

3) Again, i dont have this problem, buuuuuuuuuuuutt, i would sugest bleaching it. From experience shaving unwated hair is , in an obvious area is a nono unless you want to do it every day and get stubble and just DONT SHAVE IT!

4) Like all the others hy hair is the complete oposite to yours, but from people i know, John Frieda's Frizz Ease hair suerum is a life saver http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/p...zEase&lineID=4 , you can have it culy or straight then.

I hope i helped a bit
allyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
New Fan

1. any tips about not waxing the underarms? like shaving it? And if did want to wax it, how would i buy it? What would i look for at the store?

2. Is tea tree availible in regular stores?

3. again, what should i look for for the wax? is it all the same? For underarms, mustache, legs?

4. Is there a more effecting way to make your hair bouncy? Also, use just regular honey? and use it like shampoo?

THanks soo much for your great tips! Anyone else have great tips?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Okie, since I don't wax, I only just shave with the usual cream and I don't usually blow dry my hair cuz that would make it really dry.....I think it's best that I only answer question 2.

First, get to know what skin type you have. With your description, you either have oily skin or combo skin (I think more likely). Combo skin is when the skin is more oily in the T-zone area, which would be your forehead, your nose bridge, your nose, down to your chin.....and more dry on the cheeks. I have combo skin too. It is a pain. What you have to do is to keep your face clean often but remember not to expose it to too many products or you have even more breakouts. With blackheads, there are various products like those pull-off strips and blackhead scrubs that you can choose from. So with the cleaning, you need to wash your face with the 3-step system at least once a day. Twice if you can or there is a need for it. First, you wash your face with a cleanser. You can choose one that is for combo skin or for reducing blackheads, something that would fit your skin type. After that, use a cottonball to rub a bit of toner all over your face. Usually, when you buy the cleanser, you will see a matching toner available. After that, put on some moisturizer. If you have combo skin, best to get the type for combo skin. If not, get the "for all skin types" and put more on your cheeks as opposed to the T-zone. If you find yourself having oily skin during the day all the time, you can consider using oil-absorbing sheets or cleansing pads to keep your face clean. But do not overuse them or your body will react by producing even more oil. As for your pimples, get a pimple cream, something that fights pimples or says "for treating blemishes" and put it on problem areas when your face is clean. Usually, they'd advice you not to use more than twice a day. Do not start off using everything twice a day at once. Take it slow and let your skin get used to it first. If any irritation occurs, stop immediately. Products that contain Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil are generally good for treating pimples and redness problems. Hope this helps.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Banned

Another wee tip from a junkie...Magazines! Seriously, Cosmo is a good one, or any beauty magazines, see what people have recomended, what does what and try them out for your self that way you can find what things are right for you
Old 08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Total Fan

1. I would personally go with a good razor and some shaving cream or soap. That's how I do it, and my underarms always stay smooth. Honestly, I have never heard of waxing the underarms. That is news to me, so I have no clue what product to use. You can try Nair though, which is a hair remover that can be used on most parts of the body.

2. There is a lot of good cleansing systems. I have horrible skin and am on medication through a dermatologist. It helps a lot. As for facial cleansers, I have been using Clean and Clear. It works nice and I like the way it feels. I also just bought this stuff called Acne Mark Fading Peel, which is a product by Neutrogena. I hope it works. I've only used it once and I know it will take time before I see results. Neutrogena also has a good skin care line. I have never tried any of their other products. I stick with the Clean and Clear because it is inexpensive.

3. Most people wax their mustaches. I use a cream remover. You can use Nair for this I believe.

4. I have no idea on this one. I have naturally straight hair. I blow dry my hair every morning but have never had any trouble with frizz. I recommend going to the store and just checking out the products. Spray a few in the air to see how they smell.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
New Fan

allyru - you are heping a great deal
a few q's for you:

1. is there a diff between shaving foam and shaving cream? And what in your experience is a good shaver? Brand

2. my acne isnt that bad, its just aroung my chin and nose.

3. lucky duck
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

1.Well i have experienced that shaving underarms with razors makes the hair growth very hard n itchy so i avoid using razors.

2.Well i don't know whether it is available in regular stores u can ask.If there's a BODYSHOP outlet at ur place or BODYSHOP has it's own line of products Tea-Tree Oil is one of them.Well i get my stock from Dubai.

3.I use Hot wax which is the best wax available at my place.And yes i use this wax for underarms,mustache,legs,hands also.If u have very less mustache hair then u should go for bleach.

4.Honey can be used as it is.Just apply honey to ur hair and keep it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.U can apply honey after shampooing ur hair.Shampoo will clean ur hair n honey will add shine.For bounce try using egg yolk.Egg yolk adds shine,bounce,health to ur hair.We at our place use different ingredients mix them together and prepare a pack and apply.I will get some packs for u that u can prepare at ur home.Just i'm not sure whether some ingredients will be available at ur place.But no probs i'll let u know of some packs k
Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
New Fan

Quarterly -

I do believe I have the Tzone horror lol. Which blackheard strips have worked for you? You have been an amazing helpe too

Candence -

1. Have you had a positive experience with nair? Some people are skeptical

2. Thanks for the tip abot clean and clear
Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jijo
1.Well i have experienced that shaving underarms with razors makes the hair growth very hard n itchy so i avoid using razors.

2.Well i don't know whether it is available in regular stores u can ask.If there's a BODYSHOP outlet at ur place or BODYSHOP has it's own line of products Tea-Tree Oil is one of them.Well i get my stock from Dubai.

3.I use Hot wax which is the best wax available at my place.And yes i use this wax for underarms,mustache,legs,hands also.If u have very less mustache hair then u should go for bleach.

4.Honey can be used as it is.Just apply honey to ur hair and keep it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.U can apply honey after shampooing ur hair.Shampoo will clean ur hair n honey will add shine.For bounce try using egg yolk.Egg yolk adds shine,bounce,health to ur hair.We at our place use different ingredients mix them together and prepare a pack and apply.I will get some packs for u that u can prepare at ur home.Just i'm not sure whether some ingredients will be available at ur place.But no probs i'll let u know of some packs k
will bath and body works have all this stuff? Shave stuff, mositurizers, clensers, hair stuff and things?

jijo - you really have to wait 15-20 minutes?? lol
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeroxidePhony
allyru - you are heping a great deal
a few q's for you:

1. is there a diff between shaving foam and shaving cream? And what in your experience is a good shaver? Brand

2. my acne isnt that bad, its just aroung my chin and nose.

3. lucky duck

Im naturally Fair so im lucky.

I use Venus razor http://www.gillettevenus.com/us/ And I use the same brand shaving foam, my skin is teh dry and this si the best one ive used.

For your skin i would sugest just keep up with clensing toneing and moisturising everyday. and face pack once a week, it should start to clear up. Also, eat healthily, seriously, just some extra fruit and veg and lots of water, dang! And Never, use things like these http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=43 they just spread all the spots around and make it ten times worse

Also if to keep your lips smooth and supple all the time, just cover them with vasaline before you go to bed everynight and they should'nt ever chap.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
New Fan

i just wanted to say that I really appreciate all you guys's help with this. I am thankful that you guys are so willing to help me out
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
New Fan

allyru -

what do you mean by "face pack"? Pardon me if it is a stupid q lol

the vasaline tip, ive tried. For some reason it really annoys me having all that on my lips lol. and I like to make out with my pillow at nights. I might give it another go
Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

My pillow doesnt mind.

A face pack is like this http://www.morgantravel.co.uk/spabre.../face_pack.jpg but if you have sensitive skin, you should be careful which ones, i like thes that go hard on your face and peel off, its satisfying....

For your hair i was going to sugest going to a good hairdresser, they know what they are doing and can thin your hair out for you and sugest products and that
Reply   Post New Thread