Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

What others say about Katie...

I saw something like this in the Michelle Williams board. So, i thought i would start a topic where people could post quotes from katie's friends, family, co-workers about her. I wanna hear them.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Gosh there are so many I can't think of them all but I guess we could start with

" Katie in a bar is the type of girl any parent would be proud of"

I remember Josh saying that one.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

"You could take her picture in the dark and she'd still look good." --Josh Jackson in Seventeen magazine

"She's very sweet and unassuming. I don't think she knows how beautiful she is." --James Van Der Beek in People magazine

~*Alicia*~
Old 07-20-2003, 07:04 PM
New Fan

Here are some sweet quotes: [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Chris Klein:
"I respect her so much as a person. I really think she's an amazing young woman..." - US Magazine

"Katie is great and really supportive" - The Mirror

Kerr Smith:
"Katie. She's incredibly busy, and the show has changed her life, but she's still the same" - on who he admires the most on the set of Dawson's Creek ( from a chat)

Sam Raimi:
"She's a blast"- "Who weekly" Magazine

Ben Bratt:
"I had never met Katie ... I was very aware of her film work, though. I had seen her in "Wonder Boys", "Go" and "The Gift". And she's striking, you know. I think she has broken away from the pack of young actresses, not only in her choices, but in the qualities that she possesses." - tidbit from The Early Show

Patricia Clarkson:
"I absolutely think she's fantastic. There's an innocence and a real sweetness to her that often dissappears in people who've had this kind of early success. She's shy and quiet, but at the same time she can be very funny and quite witty and goofy. And onscreen she has a quiet sexuality, a subletly to her that's surprising- there's so much garishness out here." - Allure Magazine

Sarah Michelle Gellar:
"...she's not gonna go pose nude on a magazine cover to scream 'Hey, I'm sexy!' She's proud of who she is and knows that a lot of girls and women look up to her. She has a sweet, wholesome image, and that's who she is. She's not trying to shatter that image." - Detour Magazine

Michael Douglas:
"As pretty and attractive as she is, without any formal training, Katie is a natural. She has an ability to make dialogue sound like it came right out of her mouth, out of her persona." - Aussie Rolling Stone

Joel Schumacher and Colin Farrell:
JC: And didn't you and everyone else fall in love with Katie?
CF: She's a peach ... she's one of those beautiful women who, when you meet them, are even more beautiful because there's a gentleness and an integrity that come across." - Interview Magazine

Stephen Gaghan:
"As I was living with her image for so many days during postproduction, Katie obliterated every other actress in history for me ... I think she's the real deal." - Movieline

[ 07-20-2003: Message edited *Ciganinha_br ]
Old 07-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow nice comment from famous people about Katie thank you *Ciganinha_br [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 08:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Indri:
<STRONG>Wow nice comment from famous people about Katie thank you *Ciganinha_br [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
No problem. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I also found some more, here are they:

Marc Blucas:
"Katie Holmes is just (one) of the sweetest, purest, kindest people you could ever meet. Her talent speaks for itself."

Chad Michael Murray:
"... I love Katie, she's sweet, she's sexy, she's beautiful ..." - from www.getrealdetroit.com

Heath Ledger:
"I've always thought Katie Holmes was the best actress of the show (Dawson's Creek)." - Twist Magazine

Tobey Maguire:
"Katie is great. She became a natural actress."

"Katie is smart and down to earth. She likes to have fun on the set, but still takes her work seriously."- Jane Magazine

James Marsden:
"(she's) terminally cute, and I really mean terminally. I think if I look at her face for too long, her cuteness will kill me."

Doug Liman:
"I just really enjoyed working with them (Scott Wolf and Katie). They're so talented and fun and engaging...When we cast Katie, Dawson's Creek hadn't aired yet. She was phenomenal, she is phenomenal." - to E! Online

Greg Kinnear:
"I think we set out to make the scene as impactful as we could, but not make Katie uncomfortable. She was great. She's a real actress, she took the role very seriously." - TV Guide Online

Marisa Coughlan:
"Katie would get up and do 15 karaoke song on stage so fired up. (and) She's so humble, you'd never know that she was Katie Holmes." - Seventeen Magazine

[ 07-20-2003: Message edited *Ciganinha_br ]
Old 07-20-2003, 09:42 PM
New Fan

Great work Ciganinha!

I've also found some other quotes:

"To meet her is to instantly fall under her spell. She is that rare jewel, the real deal. In one word: hypnotic, smart, funny, sweet, shy, boisterous, sneaky, talented, pretty, soulful, sleek, sophisticated, innocent, naïve, comical, womanly, childish, caring, gracious, dependable, nurturing, protective, generous I could go on."
(Kevin Williamson, YM) - (I personally agree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

"She isn't the girl next door, she's the girl you only wished you could live near."
(Dave Letterman)

"Katie is about the cutest person you'll ever meet. And so humble, you'd never know that she was Katie Holmes."
(Marisa Coughlan)
Old 07-21-2003, 09:19 PM
New Fan

Thanks Peppermint_Patty. You made a good job too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I just loved the quotes that you posted. Specially the one from KW, really sweet. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I hope you (and other people) came and post more quotes, it's nice to read what people say about Katie. I'd like to hear some specially from her family or Joshua Jackson. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

it's so nice to know that other actors/actresses think so highly of her!

~*Alicia*~
Old 07-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

I just think, if they all speak in this way about katie, she must be very cool as a woman! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Those are awesome quotes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Jess

Icon credit to nalazhar
Old 07-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the quotes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] thanks everybody
Old 08-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks! Having finally seen Abandon, I couldn't help but wonder about BB's thoughts. The whole movie, I was intrigued and wondering about the dynamic between these two in real life. Strange, huh?

The hardest part isn't finding who we need to be, it's being content with who we are.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:59 AM
New Fan

Great quotes. Katie is apparently very popular with her acting peers. Talk about a self-esteem booster! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey everyone I have kind of a personal quote from a friend of Katie's dad. I was at work with my dad this morning and his boss was showing me pictures of his kids and there was another girl in the picture and he said do you recognize this girl? I was like yeah! That's totally Katie Holmes. And it turns out that he went to school with Katie's dad. And he's known her since she was a toddler. He described her as a very nice and wonderful girl. I thought I'd share that with you guys. She looked really cute in the pictures. It was her and the boss' two kids. It's pretty recent, too. They were goofing off and whatnot just having a good time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So there ya go!