Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Did Big deserve Carrie?

I have discussed this issue some with my friends and I wondered what you guys thought of it.

I'm kind of biased in my opinion, because I always loved Aidan. But, I don't think that Big really deserved Carrie. I've been rewatching some of the season 2 episodes and some of the things he did to her were tacky and rude. Such as, refusing to sign a card with her or getting up and taking a phone call during her poem, and even checking out other women while he was with her. Ocassionally he did sweet things, like giving her the pink brush head. Or having the carriage rush her to Brady's birth. He was just so wishy washy in his feelings for her. Hell, he was going to move across the country and not even tell her.

I don't think that Miranda thought Big deserved Carrie. I'm not sure she ever forgave him for breaking her heart the first time. But, in the end Miranda was the one that told Big.. "go get our girl."

I have also wondered, if given more time, the writers would have had Carrie end up with someone else. I wonder if C and B ending up together was their plan from the beginning? In a way I felt the last part of season 6 was very rushed. I think Big should have had to earn his way back, not just flew to Paris and said "you're the one."

SATC
Old 07-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm I think Big changed during the seasons. In the beginning I didnt think that he deserved Carrie, with all his chekcing out on other girls and not telling her that he loved her and getting married and stuff like that .. but in the end I think he really loved her and he knew that what he did in the first place was wrong ... and we all know that soem guys are not really up for commitment in the first place .. but he change .. he changed party because of her .. nad he wanted to have her back .. I think he deserved her in the end ...

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have discussed this issue some with my friends and I wondered what you guys thought of it.

I'm kind of biased in my opinion, because I always loved Aidan. But, I don't think that Big really deserved Carrie. I've been rewatching some of the season 2 episodes and some of the things he did to her were tacky and rude. Such as, refusing to sign a card with her or getting up and taking a phone call during her poem, and even checking out other women while he was with her. Ocassionally he did sweet things, like giving her the pink brush head. Or having the carriage rush her to Brady's birth. He was just so wishy washy in his feelings for her. Hell, he was going to move across the country and not even tell her.

I don't think that Miranda thought Big deserved Carrie. I'm not sure she ever forgave him for breaking her heart the first time. But, in the end Miranda was the one that told Big.. "go get our girl."

I have also wondered, if given more time, the writers would have had Carrie end up with someone else. I wonder if C and B ending up together was their plan from the beginning? In a way I felt the last part of season 6 was very rushed. I think Big should have had to earn his way back, not just flew to Paris and said "you're the one."

Couldn't have said it better, Michelle. Of course, I'm also biased because I prefer Carrie with Aidan (hence my sig), but I thought the reasons you gave pretty much matched my thoughts.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
Old 07-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

I believe he did. Not in the early seasons though - but I think he changed, especially after his divorce.

And yeah, I think the writers intended that from the start - why else would they keep his real name a secret?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um..I'm gonna take a different approach. I think that Carrie and Big deserved each other.

Yes, Big was at times rude and arrogant and a jerk. And Big broke Carrie's heart alot. But let's be honest, Carrie was no saint. Carrie was rude and arrogant at times. She cheated on Aidan and broke his heart. She made fun of the men in her lives. She was very self-centered. In the end, I think they both deserved each other. They both had their faults and acknowledged each others.

That's not to say that I don't love them. I do!

And I think the ending was really rushed too.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I wish we had had more seasons. *sigh*

I think Big deserved Carrie. Yes, I did love Aidan...But when he appeared in the episode with his baby, he just looked so happy...And I think that was where his place was. It never would have worked between C and A- we all know that. But I digress.

Mr. Big...I think the words "shame on you, Big!" have come out of my mouth so many times, I've lost count. But I think he evolved a lot...And he realized, way back in 'The Domino Effect,' that he needed Carrie. Of course, he blew it big time (pun intended ) and he knew it. Both made mistakes- huge ones. But both were always inexplicably drawn to each other. In the end, it was always each other. They just have this- connection. Chemistry. Passion. I cannot think of Carrie without somehow thinking of Big, and vice versa. To take a line from Friends- he's her lobster.

I think that they are the only ones who can deal with the other. They can handle each other, and they're not afraid to tell each other what they really think. With Natasha, Big never told her what he really thought. (Remember the furniture store? He hated everything she liked.) As for Aidan, Carrie could never be 100% honest with him- especially after the Big affair. (Heh, another pun.)

I dig Big. And Carrie. And Big and Carrie together. *shrugs*

LP
Old 07-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey, everyone!
I saw this thread and couldn't help but give my two cents on the matter. My sister and I always watched the show together, and one of the topics that generated the best arguments was this very one. That being said I totally thought -- at first -- that Big did NOT deserve Carrie. Like many others here I'm an Aidan lover. The guy was perfect, and a total gentleman. There's no way to compare Big and Aidan. So, I thought Carrie should end up with him. But after what she did to him, after what she made him go through I thought that Carrie and Big deserved each other. Aidan could do better than that. But I, personally, could never forgive and forget such things that Big made Carrie go through. He acted like a jerk -- make that a HUGE jerk -- too many times... And Miranda, the one who always thought this way about him, changed her mind in the end. I never bought that. It was just too fake, it wasn't the Miranda that I knew and love. Well, that's what I think anyway
Old 07-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I don't know, maybe the bad things that Big did to Carrie are stuck in my head more than the good ones, its the Miranda in me, I guess.

Quote:
And Miranda, the one who always thought this way about him, changed her mind in the end. I never bought that. It was just too fake, it wasn't the Miranda that I knew and love. Well, that's what I think anyway
I completely agree, I think Miranda just wanted Carrie back home so bad she would have done whatever it took to get her back.

Quote:
Like many others here I'm an Aidan lover. The guy was perfect, and a total gentleman. There's no way to compare Big and Aidan.
I have often said many times that I thought Aidan was the perfect man, he just wasn't the perfect man for Carrie.

Quote:
Mr. Big...I think the words "shame on you, Big!" have come out of my mouth so many times, I've lost count.
I have uttered that many times myself. I've also caught myself saying, "shame on you Carrie!" It was almost as if Carrie morphed into Big during her relationship with Aidan. But, the thing was I never hated Carrie for doing what she did, I couldn't because I felt almost as sad for her as I did for Aidan. I think she really wanted to be in love with him but couldn't be.

I'm not saying that Big wouldn't have deserved Carrie ever. I just think that he should have had to work harder for her. I'm not sure what it would have taken him doing for me to start believing he deserved her. Maybe a few hundred "I'm sorry's" or "I'm dirt, no lower than dirt." That night right before she went to Paris and they had that scene right in front of her door, you could feel just how extremely bad that he had hurt her. But, for some reason it was made all better when he came to Paris and said it.

SATC
Old 07-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I completely agree, I think Miranda just wanted Carrie back home so bad she would have done whatever it took to get her back.
Yeah, that was exactly my feeling about the whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
That night right before she went to Paris and they had that scene right in front of her door, you could feel just how extremely bad that he had hurt her. But, for some reason it was made all better when he came to Paris and said it.
I also agree with that. Everything was kinda rushed in the end. So the writers had to create these scenarios that weren't believable at all: like Miranda supporting Big -- just typing these words make me laugh. It's so not her --, or Carrie forgiving Big out of the blue just for showing up in Paris. I don't know. It didn't convince me for a sec.

As far as Aidan is concerned all I have to say is: "Carrie, girl... Your lost". I can't say that I didn't hate her for cheating on Aidan the way she did. 'Cause I'd be lying through my teeth. Her actions were cheap and plain grosse. It disgusted me. I never saw her the same way again. I know that it's harsh, but harsh behavior demands harsh consequences. And we all have to agree that Carrie was low. Very low. Anyway, guys like Aidan don't come around often. And in my opinion Carrie blew her chance of a healthy relationship, you know, without having to play all these games that she had to play with Big. Well, I'll stop my rambling now. It's just that I really liked Aidan, and -- as my sister say -- I tend to get a little (that's an understatement ) protective of him when it comes to this very subject

PS: Oh, almost forgot... Please, don't mind my oh-so-bad English skills. I'm from Brazil and our language is Portuguese, so forgive -- in advance -- my many mistakes. I hope you all can understand what I try to say Thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

I think Carrie ans Big were well suited for eachother. They were very much alike.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Total Fan

I don't know if Big necessarily deserved Carrie but I think they fit for each other. I think they were both these people that would have settled for being with somebody without having to define it. When Carrie was with Aidan she was so scared at the idea of being in a committed relationship but with Big she could just be with him.

I think with the whole Miranda thing...she prefered Carrie to be with Big instead of with Alexsandr (sp?). I think maybe that's why she wanted Big to go to Paris and get her.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Very interesting discussion I never was a fan of the Big/Carrie relationship. But then again I never was a big Carrie fan myself, and I thought that Aidan was too good for her. So in the end I guess that Big and Carrie share the same faults and they are good for eachother: there's no other male character in the show that Carrie fits so well with.

Photographs
Blog
Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

I was watching La Delour Exquise (sp?) tonight and I just want to ring Big's neck in this episode. Like Carrie says, he's so afriad of commitment that he has to put an ocean between them. I think he was just really starting to fall hard for her and he was getting scared and felt like he had to run and that Paris was the answer. I felt so sorry for Carrie when she was talking about the relationship being over and Big just agreed, he didn't even attempt to say that it wasn't. I'm glad she chunked La Big Mac at the tv. I would have probably tossed it at his head.

SATC
Old 08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

I watched that too. I felt so bad for the both of them. I couldn't believe he just kind of sprang the news on her when he was about to walk out the door. Pitiful. I agree, he was getting scared.

I knew something bad was going to happen the second she brought over McDonalds. Yep, I would have chucked it at his head too. hahaha I wouldn't even try to deny that I wouldn't.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

for me yeah he's deserving for Carrie, coz as much i i love aidan for her its just cant be as everyone knows Y. and lova'Alexander 'whatever' at the ending seems very much pre-occupied with his work so i think Big is the 1.