Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

The Greatest Children's Movie - DISCUSSION, tell us WHY it's the greatest

After just re-watching Mighty Ducks: D3, and being reminded of what a wonderful trilogy it is, i came to the decision that it is my all time favorite Children's Movie.

And so, i'm wondering what everybody else considers to be the Greatest or Favorite children's movie?

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
ReachOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

My childhood can be summed up with the Mighty Ducks trilogy! It truly can.

Another movie that is a childhood favorite is Mary Poppins! I have no idea how many times I watched this movie but I'm sure it's more than 70 times.

But the greatest children movie ever made for me: THE GOONIES. Hands down.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Pollyana was the one I watched most
gg_all_da_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

The Goonies was my childhood movie.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Mine was The Lion King
Polythene Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I forgot about this film, but Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey is one of the all time greats of my childhood.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
ReachOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Um let me see my favorite movie when I was a kid was Sleeping Beauty, but The Goonies was awesome too
Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not saying coz I have alot of them
Old 05-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, I have soooooooooooo many! Pretty much all the ones I grew up with....The Mighty Duck movies, any of Jonathan Taylor Thomas' and Devon Sawa's childhood movies, The Babysitter's Club, Harriet the Spy.......
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I really want to keep this open - it's a great idea for a thread - but unfortunately it's just encouraging people to list their favorites. This is way too common right now and we need to move away from threads like that.

Please - discuss amongst yourselves WHY it's your favorite; don't just state it. Thanks!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Cotton Candy

The greatest children's movies (at least according to me) are Casper, Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain, Monkey Trouble, and The Parent Trap. These also happen to be four of my all-time favorite movies. They're just so much fun.

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 05-26-2006 at 10:39 AM
Old 05-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah ya mean besides Harry Potter?....

Hmm I'm going to go with Toy Story. It's so fantastic and engaging. The humour is reachable to all ages, not just kids it really did start the trend of making family movies for everyone. Plus it made me feel for inanimate objects. *sniff*
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

I posted on this before but I remember Land Before Time being another childhood favorite , first time I saw it was in Kindergarten and it was nice movie to fall asleep to during nap time. I remember liking Littlefoot and Petrie. Its real classic children's movie.

Last edited by The Survivor; 05-11-2006 at 11:55 AM
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I like those mentions too guys.

I really love Harriet the Spy....I just think it's a great coming-of-age children's movie.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Mighty Ducks, that was one of my favorite children like movies, also Sandlot, The Goonies, The Little Giants, Honey I shrunk the kids, Heavyweights, Harriet the spy, and Bad news bears (original)

I found all the films funny, and with action. Plus the kids in them were talented with acting for their age at the time.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread