Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

ShopGirl (2005) #1

The trailer for ShopGirl starring Steve Martin and Claire Danes was just released: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675243?htv=12&htv=12

It is based on a book written by Steve himself. I think it looks really good! Any other thoughts? Anyone read the book?
Old 07-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't heard of this at all but I like Claire Danes so I'll probably try to learn more about it!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Cool - thanks for the link! I think I'd even like to read the novella...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I'm going to pick the book up this weekend. I'll read it and let you know what I tihnk... shrr, if you read it, i'd love to hear what you think. we can discuss
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

The trailer looks pretty good. Steve Martin is a great comedic actor, but I'm not sure if he'd be any good in a serious role.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Really? I love him in comedies (i mean, who doesn't) but I think its cool that he's trying something new. I read the book and it was definitely serious but it has some humor in it too. I think he will be great with this role. I mean, he knows the character better than anyone, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have heard great things about this movie.
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I've heard some great buzz too - even some potential oscar talk, which is always a great sign! With a cast like SM, Claire Danes and Jason Schwartman, I think it looks great! DanceWith, just curious, can you tell me more about what you've heard about it?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Here is the larger version of the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchs...ler_large.html
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Passionate Fan

HEY! It's Angela! lol I didnt know her name was Clair Danes. I like her, and the movie looks cute. I might even go see it whe it comes out.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kissin In The Rain~
HEY! It's Angela! lol I didnt know her name was Clair Danes. I like her, and the movie looks cute. I might even go see it whe it comes out.
LOL - its so funny how she is so well known for that one role. Do you think a lot of MSCL fans will go see this movie because of her?
Old 08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Probably, if they were a huge fan of the show. I onyl know her from that show, but I first saw it on the N instead of when it first came out.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't heard about the movie or book
Old 08-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kissin In The Rain~
Probably, if they were a huge fan of the show. I onyl know her from that show, but I first saw it on the N instead of when it first came out.
What I like about Claire Danes is she actually finished college (after MSCL) and does Broadway plays like a lot of actors even though she can get A-List movie roles alongside such great actresses like Meryl Streep (The Hours) and others.

She is the model of what a lot of younger actors should aspire to because she doesn't seem to have a big head and chooses her projects carefully and not soley because of a huge paycheck.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly-
I haven't heard about the movie or book
Kelly - here's some info about the movie: http://touchstone.movies.go.com/inde...dlink=shopgirl

That's interesting about Claire and her career moves. I'll have to look around and see if i can find some interviews with her. It would be cool to learn more about why this role made her want to do a movie instead of theater.