Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Note to directors and writers

Please do not put CPR scenes into your films. If you decide you must, please find a way to make it look more real, 'cause seriously - it detracts from the supposed seriousness of what I'm watching when I see people faking CPR (and it's never - NEVER - realistic).

While you're at it - if you're going to have people talking to CGI creatures take a queue from the latest CGI films like Harry Potter or LOTR - 'cause watching people look in different directions when they're supposed to be looking at the same thing is really distracting.

While you're at it, get better editors (although I suspect that if editors were worse we couldn't tolerate the films, so they're probably doing a good job, already). If the actors have their arms crossed in one moment, then you cut away, and their arms aren't crossed when we return to them in the next shot? Yeah, you get the picture.

So this thread is to complain about the movie elements that annoy the crap out of you, the fake CPR being definitely towards the top of my list. What're some of yours?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Ahhhh Shr great thread, as always.

I have a complaint (one I always repeat in my head whenever I see it) but I'm not sure it can be corrected. I hate the majority of Sporting events on movies, especially Basketball. It's always SO badly choreographed that it feels like they aren't even trying to make it look real. No one is defending the "star" of the movie, he/she just runs through the "defense" and scores easily without concern to have the ball stolen or the shot blocked.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oooo my pet peeve, is everytime a woman has a shower alone she has to look like she is having an orgasm I mean when I have a shower I go right under the water and my hair is all over the place and I have shampoo in my face etc etc Women in films seem to use the water pouring down almost as a lap dance pole
Old 06-28-2005, 05:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I hate how in movies kisses are always so "magical". Ever notice how the main guy is always touching the girl's face or something? None of the boyfriends I had ever did that but it seems like in every movie they all kiss the same way.

That just really gets on my nerves.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
*^*Laur*^* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah agreed, that kisses are quite fake, all of them.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here is a solution to all your problems:

WATCH A DOCUMENTARY if you want REAL LIFE

Seriously, the main thing I hate is that most movies are aimed at the teen crowd, specifically, the teen male crowd which means the PG-13 rating is forced on stories that deserve and NEED to be told with a more adult approach, namely R, or even NC-17.

Most mainstream studio films are this way. I don't think I have to name any specifics. You know what these movies are and in your mind, once you hear the premise, the one thing that always, without question that dampens your perceptions of the film is when it says "This film has not yet been rated", or "Rated PG-13" when you KNOW in your heart-of-hearts the premise deserves to be treated with more respect and not kit-gloves just to get the teenyboppers in. Grrr...
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Oh, gosh - you all are so funny! And I have to agree with all of you (and yes, UM, I watch documentaries!). Hee!

Those things bug me, too - all of them.

My LJ for Movies
Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Extreme Fan

The ONE thing that really bothers me is when women get out of bed in the morning looking like princesses, with perfectly smooth hair and full make-up on. Come on, seriously, who on Earth sleeps with their make-up on?
Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Supreme Fan

I do! After a drunken night that is. But I don't really wake up like a princess.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

I understand that documentaries are more real life, but some movies should be down to earth(depending on plot). Looks impossible now, everything kind of has this fairytale aura to it.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, I'm not sure if the directors or editors make the final decision but it really bothers me. I hate it when the trailer to a movie does not reflect the movie itself. I've seen several movies and was surprised at how much I liked the movie because the trailer didn't do it justice.
Sometimes they target the trailer at a specific audience when really the film applies to a different or more expansive audience. It would probably explain why some movies earn low box office numbers.

I think I'll blame it on the director/editor because if they really believe in a project and fully understand it, then they would fight for their original vision. And if it's them making all the shots, then they need someone to smack them upside the head because they are making a huge mistake!
Kate #144
SOD
Kate & the Star Whores
Dreams are like paper. They tear so easily. ~ Gilda Radner
icon by unknown
dizzy_izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_izzy
Ok, I'm not sure if the directors or editors make the final decision but it really bothers me. I hate it when the trailer to a movie does not reflect the movie itself. I've seen several movies and was surprised at how much I liked the movie because the trailer didn't do it justice.
Sometimes they target the trailer at a specific audience when really the film applies to a different or more expansive audience. It would probably explain why some movies earn low box office numbers.!
As long as the trailer gets people interested to see the movie, they don't care what it gives away or if it doesn't portray the movie.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Oh, yeah - that sucks. I've totally got trailer issues: 1) that they sometimes TOTALLY mislead the audience (thinking of Home Fries, for example, which should have been advertised as a dark dramedy, not a chick flick) and 2) that they show the entire.damn.film. Teaser trailers I'm okay with - at least if they don't throw 50 million images at us at once so we can't tell one from the other.

My LJ for Movies
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
Oh, yeah - that sucks. I've totally got trailer issues: 1) that they sometimes TOTALLY mislead the audience (thinking of Home Fries, for example, which should have been advertised as a dark dramedy, not a chick flick) and 2) that they show the entire.damn.film. Teaser trailers I'm okay with - at least if they don't throw 50 million images at us at once so we can't tell one from the other.
Yeah..that's probably the studios fault though. They have to market the movie however they think will make them the most money. Bbut I agree that it's really annoying.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I agree with all the stuff you guys have mentioned! And there's one more - how come, after sex, the sheet always covers the girl up to the armpit while it only covers the guy the hip down? Because I'm pretty sure they aren't that different, height-wise. It's something I never understood, at all.