Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

A Christmas Story (1983) #1: "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

Hey guys, I could not believe there wasn't a thread for this! This is my all-time fav. Christmas movie!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

During Christmas I got a t-shirt for myself that had Ralphie and his cracked glasses on it, and I got my brother-in-law one that said "I triple dog dare you" . . . I love that movie so much.

I love the part at the end when the waiters sing "Frar, frar, frar, frar . . . " instead of "la, la, la . . ."
Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

You know, I've never seen this film but it seems to have influenced an entire generation! I saw a clip about it (with the grown up "Ralphie") on Vh1 the other day...should I rent the film?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah this film is definitely worth renting!
I absolutely LOVE this movie!
I annoy everyone around Christmas time with me quoting this movie And i watch the 24 hour marathon they have on TNT on Christmas Day every year
This movie just cant get old, ya know? I still laugh my butt off everytime i watch it.
Lindsey Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Not only is is worth renting, it is worth buying. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is wrapping all the presents while watching the marathon on TNT. "Oh, fudge"
Old 06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

This is my mom's absolute favourite Christmas movie, so i've seen it a million times lol,
Soo funny.. the "chinese christmas dinner" was hilarious @ the end!
gg_all_da_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Okay, okay! You've all convinced me!

I'll add it to my NetFlix queue.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, go get it, NOW, lol. I wish it was Christmas all the time just so I could watch this and be in the mood, I love it!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I know it wouldnt feel like Christmas if i didnt watch this movie at least once or twice
Lindsey Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just once or twice, for me, it's once everyday starting around Thanksgiving to the end of New Years, LOL.

Omg,I want to watch it now, but I have to admit, it's not the same any time other than the season.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Total Fan

OMG I love this movie I'm so glad there is a thread here for it. It is so hilarious. I always have to watch it when it comes on around the holidays.....and I watch it a lot.

When I was younger I was obsessed with it and it drove my mom crazy. She hates it so much. I would flip through the channels and say "Hey mom, guess what is on." She would be like "Nooooo." I wouldn't even have to say the name, she just knew that I was referring to this movie

I want to buy it so my son can enjoy it as much as I do.

Has anyone seen the sequel to it? I watched it once, long time ago, and it was so horrible.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

The greatest Christmas movie is BLACK CHRISTMAS, a cult slasher classic amazingly directed by "A Xmas Story" director, Bob Clark...watch it!

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
VU&NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence
OMG I love this movie I'm so glad there is a thread here for it. It is so hilarious. I always have to watch it when it comes on around the holidays.....and I watch it a lot.

When I was younger I was obsessed with it and it drove my mom crazy. She hates it so much. I would flip through the channels and say "Hey mom, guess what is on." She would be like "Nooooo." I wouldn't even have to say the name, she just knew that I was referring to this movie

I want to buy it so my son can enjoy it as much as I do.

Has anyone seen the sequel to it? I watched it once, long time ago, and it was so horrible.
Welcome to the thread.

There's a sequel?!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Total Fan

Yeah, there is a sequel. I forget when it was made and I can't even remember the name right now. But yeah, I watched it with my stepdad once. It was lame.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Total Fan

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to add that I looked up the sequel to this. It actually had two different names that is goes by......."It Runs In The Family" or "My Summer Story". The movie was made in 1994.

Cast includes:
Charles Grodin - Mr. Parker
Kieran Culkin - Ralphie
Mary Steenburgen - Mrs. Parker
Christian Culkin - Randy

Tedde Moore is the only one from the original cast to star in the sequel. She plays Ralphie's teacher, Miss Shields.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/
Reply   Post New Thread