Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Roswell Music Thread #1: Because we love the music, old and new!

Some of us are sad over the music changes, and some of us are interested in learning what new songs play on the DVDs. If anyone can identify any new songs, we would be very grateful for your help! Also, if you’d like to identify song changes, that would be helpful too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
from Maliejandra:

I am soooo sad that they changed Save Tonight in the Pilot. I always identified that song as getting the ball rolling in Roswell.

I was kind of sad that they didn't have I Love You when Liz went home in Leaving Normal.
Also, VERY NOT HAPPY that they changed the Sneaker Pimps song when Tess and Max make out on the lab desk.
I was actually happy about the change in Independence Day when Michael goes to Maria's house in the rain. It was a good change.
Quote:
from shadowgrl:

They don't play the song by Garbage anymore in the scene where Isabel, Max and Michael are in the Jeep after lunch? Nooooo!!!!

That scene epitomizes Roswell to me. Isabel's line "And oh yeah...exterminate us", Max's pause before he cuts the Jeep into a Uey and the "I think I'm paranoid" blasting out of the Jeep speakers really was the essence of Roswell to me. I think I'm gonna cry when I see that deletion. It's always the first scene that comes to mind when I think of Roswell.
Quote:
from PHMustang2000:

I kinda wanna know something. I have heard alot of you complain about the music but any of like any of the new songs?

I like the song in Into The Woods at the very end. I love the original one but I also like that one too.

I wish there was a site that listed all the original songs (ya i knw about that music site) but now we need to add on to it and have all the original listed with it saying what song replaced it, like they did for the Dawsons Creek - Season 2 DVD set.
Quote:
from RosWool:

I got my DVD on the day it came out and yes I was very very upset about the music changes. I'm like great not only do they change the music to Dawson's Creek but now Roswell. However I'm going to give the new music a try I'm always up for new music and artists to discover. Hopefully I'll add some new bands/artists to my music collection.
Quote:
from Rogue Gal:

I really want to thank you all for giving me the heads up on which songs have been changed. Like most of you, I was expecting some songs to change, but expected the majority of the original songs to be left intact. Foolish expectation, I realize now. I gasped when I read that the Garbage, Gomez, and Collective Soul songs had been replaced, and groaned tonight when I saw that "Save Tonight" and "Voodoo" are gone. I just cannot imagine that scene of Valenti returning the orb to Max being as heavy and foreboding without "Voodoo" pulsing through it. I'm so disappointed, but I'm grateful to you all for sharing this info so that I won't be totally blindsided when I watch. And at least I have virtual friends to commiserate with.
Quote:
from zhusya:

you guys, i LOVE the new music. you could look at it this way.....now u have more music to discover together with the old ones.
Quote:
from True Daisy lover4ever:

I am actually starting to like the music that is on the episode, especially the one in heatwave, though i like gomez the best, that song is really good and i now addicted to it.

Last edited by Dreamer 4 Ever; 05-12-2004 at 05:16 PM
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

An excellent idea Citrus!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks to NaiveYetChubby, who identified Glen Phillips "Darkest Hour," at the end of Missing on DVD. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

It plays as you see rain-slicked streets, Liz’s rooftop and room—Liz finishes writing in her journal and puts it away. (The song replaces Counting Crows – “Colorblind” that was on the television version of Roswell.)
Old 02-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Good idea, Citrus! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Who sings the new "Heatwave M/L kiss" song? It's pretty.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Awwwwgh!! They deleted Garbage??? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I also loved that scene!!

I guess they changed a *lot* more than we expected [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]( I think I'll have quite a shock when I get the dvds!!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Yup, I was wondering if someone was going to take the effort and time to list all the new songs. Granted, there are songs that actually hurt to not listen, but I didn't know *all* the songs, thankfully, so I'm looking forward to listen closely to the new ones.

Maybe we should just abreviate them with (DVD) and (TV) when we are saying what's new and what's orignal? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Misha

Roswell and me: All I had was one little sip... and it's not wearing off...
Old 02-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Aww [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I cannot imagine the Missing scene where Liz hides her journal in the wall with any song other than Colourblind... this really puts a dampner on the dvd excitement [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . The great music is one of my fave things about Roswell...

Could we maybe compile a list of the changed songs...so we can be prepared for the disappointment & won't get any nasty shocks when we eventually get our dvds ...
Old 02-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

If you guys post the accurate changed like the song title of the old one and mention the artist and song of the ne one. I'll organize it and postit to a server.

Anyoe know what that song is at the end of "Into The Woods" I really like that song I have it on A-B repeat alot [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe they changed the music, thats just tragic to me, I haven't watched the whole dvd set yet but have been watching my favorite episodes, and I miss the song that Isabel's listening to in the car.

I miss the rain scene in Independance Day.

I miss all the Matchbox Twenty music they used.

I miss Santana in HEATWAVE, I mean that song defined that whole thing, I think, and I couldn't get all giddy with whatever it was they replaced it with.

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Why do they have to change everything? and notice on the box it says 'Including new cutting edge songs selected by the rosweell music team'? I liked the old music
Old 02-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Absolute Fan

This what I was asking for on Feb 17th
quote:
does anyone know if there is going to be a page of the new music of Roswell?
Some of the new music sounds pretty good, although like others. I miss the music from the original airings. Yet I would like to know artist and titles of the new stuff.unquote:

Thank you for starting this thread!
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 02-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Absolute Fan

HOW could they change Gomez! Did they really change that? It completely makes the scene different...well i guess not that different but...I haven't watched it yet...but it was one of my favorites. That's too bad.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PHMustang2000:
<STRONG>If you guys post the accurate changed like the song title of the old one and mention the artist and song of the new one. I'll organize it and post it to a server.

Anyone know what that song is at the end of "Into The Woods" I really like that song I have it on A-B repeat alot [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Great, PHMustang2000! That would be so cool!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, I don't know the song at the end of Into the Woods. It may take us a while to learn what songs played. Even on the TV version, it took time to find out what many of the songs were.

Currently, we have one changed song identified.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Quote:
Originally posted by IfITellUIllHav2KillU:
<STRONG>This what I was asking for on Feb 17th
quote:
does anyone know if there is going to be a page of the new music of Roswell?
Some of the new music sounds pretty good, although like others. I miss the music from the original airings. Yet I would like to know artist and titles of the new stuff.unquote:

Thank you for starting this thread!</STRONG>
You are welcome, IfITellUIllHav2KillU! Your post may have been the inspiration for the thread! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
On another thread, someone asked if the song that played while Michael painted was changed. The answer is that the song is different.

Sometimes people can identify songs from the lyrics. This is my attempt at the lyrics for the DVD song in Missing that replaces Beck – Novacane. It plays as Michael paints his vision alone in the art room, listening to music on headphones.

If anyone has better suggestions for the words, please jump in!

I’m freakin’ out
Breakin' out like a KC chicken
[unsure about the right words]
Gonna get my pizza pie
Even though it’s slim pickins
Gonna give you what you pay for
Note the level from behind
You want nothing less than my life of triviality
So take it easy, because with a little something
You’ll forget about me, and you’ll forget about the moon
That’s why I’m rearranged
Not trapped by my reflection
And my future says “Doomed for perfection”
All—I really want to do is—skate
-
-
I don’t want to walk in circles again

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Old 02-21-2004, 10:58 AM
New Fan

I can't believe they have had to take out so much of the original music. Please please tell me they left Sarah McLachlan's song Fear from the pilot. That scene is my favorite and I don't think it would have the same impact without it. I still can't wait for the DVD the UK doesn't get it till April. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Glasgow Girl!

Yes, most of the music is changed and sometimes omitted, because of the high costs of licensing the music.

Fortunately, Sarah McLachlan's song Fear from the Pilot is still in! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, Dido's theme song is still in, and the song also plays at the end of Destiny. Dave Matthews "Crash into Me" is still in the Pilot, as Max and Liz talk at the Crash Festival. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Another song that is still in is Loni Rose - I Never Thought That You Would Come. It plays as Max and Liz walk towards the Crashdown, making plans for "lunch" in The Morning After.

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle still plays at the beginning of Monsters, as Maria sings and drives the Jetta.

The scene in Leaving Normal in which Liz's dad sings along to the song "The Weight" by The Band just before Grandma Claudia arrives has been cut. The music in the remainder of the scene is changed.

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread