Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2005, 09:48 PM
MST Manager

It's 10pm. Do You Know Where Your WAT DVD/Tapes Are?

So, which WAT episode did you watch today?

In between the soaps, I watched parts of Off The Tracks, because, well, Danny. Need I say more?

Now, it's your turn to share.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak
So, which WAT episode did you watch today?
10:45: I watched again The Bus, from season 2 with my hubby, on my brand new DivX player and not on my little pc monitor
Mr. Smilla was exited for he is in love with WaT (his exact words), oh, and by the way, his fav character is Jack, you know, same job, same long experience, I can't really argue with him
Tonight it's Revelations' turn.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the title! I didn't watch any episode today, but the other night I was flipping through channels and discovered "In Extremis" on TNT, so I got sucked into watching that and then "Midnight Sun." I have the DVDs and could watch those eps at any time, but there is just something about discovering it being shown on television.

Speaking of reruns on TNT, I wonder when they will get to reair the season 2 episodes. I hope that they either do that soon or that the DVDs are released, as I didn't tape those episodes when they first were on.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Italy and France are going to watch Season2 next fall, so I believe that before that time The DVD is unlikely to come out. Last year, S1 DVD was released as Region1 after they aired it on our channels, and here last April.

I'm going to close here and to watch an epi. Tomorrow I'll tell you which one it was.

Will: But you came back.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:46 PM
MST Manager

It was end of "Clare De Lune" today for me.

Anna- Your husband has good taste.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm still watching my season 1 DVD, from the start, one every few days. Yesterday was Underground railroad turn. I want to investigate how 'sweetheart' appeared when I wasn't putting attention on him.

When I don't have time to watch a whole epi, then before turning my computer off, I always watch a clip. Lately a Danny centric MV is my favorite.

I'll go on watching the episodes from S1 till Claredelune. That's gonna be a special day!

Oh, Smilla, lucky you! My boyfriend is not the type who gets hooked to tv shows, the only one he doesn't dislike is CSI. He gets bored by WAT, he prefers technology. (Well, that means I can enjoy Danny on my own and don't have to disguise my facial expressions behind a cool and unconcerned look)

Old 06-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Anna- Your husband has good taste.
I imagined you would think so
Tonight we watched Confidence, Danny was great in this episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieross
Oh, Smilla, lucky you! My boyfriend is not the type who gets hooked to tv shows, the only one he doesn't dislike is CSI. He gets bored by WAT, he prefers technology. (Well, that means I can enjoy Danny on my own and don't have to disguise my facial expressions behind a cool and unconcerned look)
We share this passion, actually he's the only person I talk about Wat with, we used to watch The X Files togheter, and others cop shows...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
When I don't have time to watch a whole epi, then before turning my computer off, I always watch a clip.
Yeah, me too, usually.

I watched parts of "Malone vs. Malone" today. Anthony was absolutely amazing.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Last night it was Hang on to me turn.
I can't wait for the 'dessert' (Claredelune, of course), but I go on watching them in strict chronological order.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:10 PM
MST Manager

Clare De Lune is dessert! Hee. That's cute, Ross.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks!
You know what? I could watch low quality clips of the famous last scenes d/led around a lot of times,
but never ever watched the whole epi again, neither in english nor in italian, since that magic night, last October 30th that would change my life a little bit!

Old 06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
MST Manager

Aww...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

The friendly skies for me yesterday... good epi, and lots of Danny scenes, including the cut ones...

THE moment is getting closer...

Old 06-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I rewatched "Bogie Man" the other day and realized that it pretty much had the elements that I like in a WaT episode. Jack was snarky and sarcastic rather than angsty and mopey. Samantha and Martin were able to show lots of emotional subtext and nuance. (Although I didn't like the actual break-up, the presentation of it and the aftermath of it were well done!) Also, Samantha's rotten day was explored well. First the Martin thing, then the Jack comment, and then later when she was stared at by the local cops and just sighed. It was a nice continuing theme throughout the episode, but I don't think it was overdone. We got a bit of the personal issues (with Vivan's relationship to Reggie explored) but it was done subtly. (I loved how Reggie opened her pills so easily for her at the end when she was struggling with them alone at the beginning. What symbolism...) They also referred back to Samantha's history as a run-away when she and Jack decided that she would be the best one to talk to the missing person, but they didn't beat the reasoning over our heads. I liked the basic story well enough (although the missing person could have been made a bit more sympathetic). The first suspect wasn't the right one, but he was believable as a red herring, and his transformation from suspect to victim was done well. The side-plot of the Sheriff having been involved with the initial cover-up was handled well. I liked that there were twists, but that they didn't come from left-field. And finally, I like that the whole story wasn't completely wrapped up in a neat little package, that the original case from seven years ago remained unsolved. It is just more realistic (to me) that way. Anyway, enough of my rambling...

Quote:
The friendly skies for me yesterday... good epi, and lots of Danny scenes, including the cut ones...

THE moment is getting closer...
I'm proud of you for not racing ahead to get to that special episode! I completely bounced around when I rewatched them on DVD. I still don't think I have rewatched all of them yet. (And I loaned them to a friend to try to hook her on them, so I shall not be rewatching them anytime soon!)
Old 06-08-2005, 07:54 PM
MST Manager

I like your analysis of "Bogie Man", Meredith.