Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Which DC epi got you HOOKED?

Whether you started watching Dawson's Creek when the pilot episode first aired way back in Jan 1998, or if you only just got hooked on the current reruns, which episode caught you off-guard or intrigued you enough to make you tune in again?

When the series first aired, I swore I would not be caught dead watching an overly verbal teen soap. But I caught the "Northern Lights" episode (S3!) with Joey's attraction to AJ and Pacey's hilarious inability to do anything about it. I kind of gave it a chance and started tuning in.

But man, "Stolen Kisses" got me HOOKED with "Okay, Jo. I'm gonna kiss you now. You can't say something like that to me and expect me NOT to kiss you...."

I thought, "Who IS this bold, cocky guy?" But the scene carried on to that incredible face-in-the-hands kiss. "Ten."

Hooked.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 05-19-2005 at 09:42 PM
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Same episode got me hooked - Stolen Kisses. Had been home sick all day in a TV trance and continued watching into the evening. Although I had heard about the show and knew some of the basics this was the first episode that I watched. It got me hooked, but for different reasons. I was instantly drawn to the history and connection of Dawson and Joey: their traditions, their talk in the barn and Aunt Gwen's questions. Pacey kissing Joey meant that I definitely had to tune in next week...
Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

I guess it would have to be Northern Lights because of Pacey watching Joey sleep. Hee. I had watched the show from the beginning but wasn't addicted to it.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

I know this is odd, but the episode that hooked me was the first episode I watched...the first episode of Season 5. It was a combo of intrigue and wanting to watch a new program I had never seen before.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
FinallyPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Cotton Candy

The Pilot got me.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

The Pilot got me too, but the episode that got me HOOKED was Detention.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Passionate Fan

The Pilot. It was just so compellingly written, and the four main characters were sketched in such a way that you already began to care about what happened to them next.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:58 AM
New Fan

I honestly can't remember which one got me hooked but it was def one of the shows in the first season. I used to have the show on in work even though I wasn't allowed to watch TV in my then current job, but I used to stand over the TV with my hand on the off button ready to switch it off in case anyone walked past! Tee hee! Anything to see Pace!
Witter_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Detention. I knew I was hooked when I cried seeing Joey crying.

JudeNeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Detention, the first I've watched. The sad thing is they interrupted DC in Brazil, so I lost season 1 finale, season 2 and 3. I began to watch again at season 4 (cable TV) and then I was hooked again, because they were so different from what I remembered that I had to watch to know more about their stories...

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

I got hooked during the final season when they started the reruns on TBS. I actually watched a couple of episodes the first season. But my husband vetoed it (kinda hard to get a grown man to watch a teen soap!)and I just forgot about the show untill I was home on maternity leave. On wouldn't say there was any particular episode that hooked me, it was just the love story between Pacey and Joey that got me addicted!!
jjobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Supreme Fan

First season in the episode "double date." The pacey/joey storyline intrigued me, the witty banter, it's when I started to root for them and wanted them to be a couple.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i used to watch bits and pieces of episodes in season 4, but i was like 11, and i only watched part of a winter's tale and admissions. well one day last year i stayed home from school two days in a row, i watched the two gentlemen of capeside, and something else. at the time they werent showing the episodes in order, because the next day they showed the series finale... i watched it and i wish i hadnt watched it then, but after that i taped DC everyday while i was at school, now i have all of the DVD's that are out and i watch it almost everyday. i am a bit obsessed, but i love this show so much. the series finale is an episode i love, being a p/jer and all. i personally think it is the best finale of any tv show i have ever seen.
fisher & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

The Pilot got me hooked.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode that got me hooked was Stolen Kisses. Before that I had only seen some parts of random episodes, but after finally sitting down to watch a full episode (SK), I had to keep watching. Mostly it was Pacey and Joey... the whole triangle thing definitely intrigued me, and I just loved P/Jo. I loved the two kissing scenes with Pacey and Joey, especially the last one when he tells her that he can't be the one who always iniates the kissing, and he starts walking away and she grabs his hand and kisses him. I fell in love right then.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
glory fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread