Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Robert Rodriguez (Director) Appreciation #1:Planet Terror, Machete, The Faculty!

I love this guy, and I love the fact that he is always involved in his own movies, editing and writing.

I love this guy so much that I forgive him the Spy Kids movies.

Anyone else who's a fan come support him here. He's gotten a bad rap.

But he's awesome.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 10-21-2018 at 02:30 PM
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

I can't say I'm a fan of his films, having only seen half of them, but I did really like El Mariachi. That was an excellent film.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have seen a few of his movies and how he partned with Frank Miller in Sin City was good, that was what made it a great movie i would have to say
Im a Cute little #196
The Verbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'm a fan.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe u should make a rodriguz fan list theres got to be a lot of them surley and if you do i would love to be in that list
Im a Cute little #196
The Verbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Not really a fan since I've only seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico (wanting to watch Sin City when it comes out here in Aust. though)...But I must say, I was quite impressed watching the specials on the OUATIM DVD and seeing how he practically edited the whole film by himself, as well as doing the the soundeffects and CGI. He made it look so easy!
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I like Robert Rodriguez for the simple fact he is so hands on and he actively promotes the use of technology like the Avid Editing system and digital video that young, aspiring film makers with not a lot of money can use to break in if they really want to.

The big thing RR represents to me is that far too often, everyone blames Hollywood for not being able to break into the system. Meaning, yes, you need to know the right people and be in the right place at the right time (luck)... BUT your chances increase 10 fold if you just make an honest effort and produce something like a short film that demonstrates why Hollywood should take five minutes and consider you over the thousands of other wannabes who just wait around hoping for thier big break.

When he was starting out, RR knew Hollwyood wasn't going to come knocking on his door because of the movies he wanted to make AND because of his race to be blunt. He knew Hollywood doesn't consider the Latino market that big a market... Which is ironic since Whites will be a minority in this country by 2010 and the majority be Latinos, Blacks and Asians... But instead of just whinning about it, he decided to hoc everything he had, get a few grants and make El Mariachi.

I think a lot of people could learn from this lesson, regardless of race, but a lot won't because they still think they are the next Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie... But they don't have anything to show for it, so why should Hollywood take them seriously? It is a two-way street. That's why I like RR.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Verbi
Maybe u should make a rodriguz fan list theres got to be a lot of them surley and if you do i would love to be in that list
I should make a list, but I'll do that when there are a few more posts but I'll be sure to put you on it.

Unsilent Majority- That is exactly one of the reasons why I like him too, I love the fact that almost all the movies he makes are like his babies, he creates them and helps them come to fruition. I also love the fact that he made the first real true Spanish action hero.

And of course he makes the movies that I love to watch which are bad ass movies, like Quentin.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

ON LISTS - Just a friendly reminder - we don't allow lists on this board. We consider them just another form of star posting (yes, even fan lists), so it would be great if you don't make one, okay?

On El Mariachi - I remember hearing the noise about the film when it just came out. Everyone was discussing the fact that Rodriguez had made this small-budget but high powered film that appealled to the masses. They kept talking about the fact that he was the film, creating every part of it, and that's what made it so good.

It's what made me go to the theater in the first place to watch it.

Thing is, I haven't been so impressed with the results of his breaking into Hollywood - not that he's bad, there just seems to be a lack of creativity in the greater picture (story, plot, tightness of presentation/production). I haven't seen Sin City yet, but I'd like to see something that he created entirely himself, you know?

Uch - I've only had a cup of tea this morning and it hasn't kicked in yet.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
ON LISTS - Just a friendly reminder - we don't allow lists on this board. We consider them just another form of star posting (yes, even fan lists), so it would be great if you don't make one, okay?

On El Mariachi - I remember hearing the noise about the film when it just came out. Everyone was discussing the fact that Rodriguez had made this small-budget but high powered film that appealled to the masses. They kept talking about the fact that he was the film, creating every part of it, and that's what made it so good.

It's what made me go to the theater in the first place to watch it.

Thing is, I haven't been so impressed with the results of his breaking into Hollywood - not that he's bad, there just seems to be a lack of creativity in the greater picture (story, plot, tightness of presentation/production). I haven't seen Sin City yet, but I'd like to see something that he created entirely himself, you know?

Uch - I've only had a cup of tea this morning and it hasn't kicked in yet.
Well what about the horror thread they have a fan list. I don't want to keep reposting the same list over and over just have one basic list. That's all I mean. I post it in the main thread and edit it adding to it.

That's ok right?

I mean there are other threads on here that do it so.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Sorry about the confusion - I'm talking about the kind of lists that get posted again and again throughout a thread.

But any list in the first entry that gets regularly updated is fine.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
Sorry about the confusion - I'm talking about the kind of lists that get posted again and again throughout a thread.

But any list in the first entry that gets regularly updated is fine.
Cool! Sorry to confuse you.
Reply   Post New Thread