Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kung Fu Hustle (2004) #1

Did anyone get a chance to see Kung Fu Hustle this weekend? I would love to hear your opinions. I was doing some reading on movies and came across how well it did in the box office this weekend.

Check this out:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend...wknd=14&p=.htm

I have been waiting for this film to come out. Only one more week
Old 04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

First - great link! I don't recall ever visiting that site before, so thanks.

Second - I can't wait until this movie comes out. The previews have me rolling, so I hope it can live up to the (semi) hype.

I watched a Hong Kong action film spoof this weekend, which was either in Mandarin or Cantonese (and dubbed in English) and it was absolutely hilarious, although I would have preferred if it had been subtitled.

By the way - welcome to the boards!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

i saw this movie months ago and i love it! its one of my favorite stephen chow movies.... this is probably one of his biggest films to date.

i heard it did well with its small opening, and its getting good reviews... i'm an advocate for asian movies, so that really made me happy.

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
***isy*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Hear! Hear! for Aisan films!

And yeah - I've heard it's getting great reviews, too. I can't wait to see it.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

so i went to one of my favorite video stores in "little saigon" section of the oc.....and i was able to rent a copy of 'kung fu hustle'.....it's been available, as a dvd, in other parts of the world for some time now.....the copy i rented was from china........didn't have time to watch it....so instead i copied it.....still might see it in a theater.....for the big screen effect....have you checked your local video stores for a copy????
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

I have (which is how I got to see Hero and Shaolin Soccer, not to mention Musa) - and they have it on VCD, so sometimes the sub-titles are from the actual theater, rather than remade for a DVD - but I was thinking of seeing it on the big screen, first.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

My friend gave me a downloaded copy of the movie...if only I could find it. Yeah, I know...it's better to watch it on big screen. I like random spoof movies from Hong Kong. That kind of black comedy is so funny! Stephen Chow's movies are always great, although I didn't think Shaolin Soccer was his best work even though it did well in box office in Asia. But hey, I am odd. I heard they are already thinking of a sequel for Kung Fu Hustle.

Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

YEA! I am glad to hear first hand that you guys loved the movie.

And Quarterley, I agree that it is always better to see the movie in theaters. You really get to feel feel the effects and thanks for the great pictures...those are awesome!