Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Movie Paraphenalia (aka Movie Stuff)

Some friends are coming for dinner tonight and when I'm around the husband it always puts me in mind of his two prize posessions - two complete signed (by everyone in the poster, cast and crew) posters of Star Wars that I desperately covet (my highest compliment).

And you know, I, too, have SW paraphenalia...and some Harry Potter stuff...and a little bit more...

Another example - I love movie posters because a bunch of them are printed on two sides in order to appear deeper when they're posted at movie theaters with the lighted panels behind them. I like to hang them backwards because it makes them look like they're printed in some exotic language and it looks cool.

So - aside from soundtracks and the movies, themselves, what sorts of movie tidbits do you collect and why?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
So - aside from soundtracks and the movies, themselves, what sorts of movie tidbits do you collect and why?

movie picture postcards of independent film......giveaways....from the local "art house" cinema across the street from the university...i collect them .......because most of the time their posters of films that aren't available anywhere else, internet or otherwise, and i'm able to use them on this forum when i post about these films....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh - I love those!

You know, if you ever get a chance to get extras, I'd love a few of them from time to time...

I have a whole bunch of interesting ones, too - like the ones for Capturing the Friedmans.

My LJ for Movies
Old 01-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
You know, if you ever get a chance to get extras, I'd love a few of them from time to time...
oh...i've got tons of duplicates....need to sort them out though....will send you a letter.......
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have an original, 1985, one-sheet (double sided print) of the Ghostbusters teaser marquee poster that has just the ghost and the red mark going thorugh it and nothing else (not even "Coming, Summer 1985" like a lot of second edition printings have). A friend of mine who worked at Columbia Pictures (now Sony) in the 1980s was able to get me this poster.

I also have signed scripts from a few TV shows... *couogh, Step by Step that I usd to work on, cough*

Also, I had a huge collection of movie scores and soundtracks when I was younger and there were original prints on tape... But alas, I've traded most of them in for the remastered CD copies. The only ones I still have the original pritings of are "Aliens" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" because I won't give those up since they are originals and are still in mint condition (even though I obviously don't play them anymore).
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quite a bit of stuff, if I really love it. Mostly I'll go with figures if they're made, but other pieces will often catch my eye.

From Phantom of the Opera film, I have the DS theatrical poster framed, a promotional music box with the Phantom & Christine on the lid, the film companion book and lobby cards. I would love to have 12" figures, but I have my FAO Schwartz Barbie giftset designed in the stage show style and I love it.

I have figures of Star Wars characters (my family has a lifesize promotional Yoda), Lord of the Rings, and Men in Black. I have a few from comic book movies as well. From Pirates of the Caribbean, I have an 18" Jack Sparrow figure and a UK poster of him.

I'd love to have props, and I'd like to start a weapon replica collection....but it's too costly for now.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

mukooh – you’re awesome, as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
I also have signed scripts from a few TV shows... *couogh, Step by Step that I usd to work on, cough*

And I’d forgotten about those scores – I think I might still have the vinyl copy of the original Star Wars soundtrack from ’77… It would probably be in fairly poor shape, though because we played it endlessly.

And the Ghostbusters poster – I’d covet it if it weren’t for the fact that I’d probably ruin it (like my Japanese version poster of the film, Amelie, which used to be really cool).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
I have figures of Star Wars characters (my family has a lifesize promotional Yoda),

I'd love to have props, and I'd like to start a weapon replica collection....but it's too costly for now.
Okay, I TOTALLY envy you the Yoda figure!

And the weapons thing – that’s actually rather a cool idea…

My LJ for Movies
Old 01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have Josie and the Pussycats Dolls and The Phantom of the Opera Companion book.

I thinks that's all I have...
Old 01-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've made friends with the people at the local video store, so now, whenever something comes out, not only do I get posters, but those little things you can hang from the ceiling as well. Only they all have "Now on Video" on them.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moved this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta man (View Post)
Sorry.. Couldn't find the appropriate thread... please merge if necessary....

I'm looking for anything else that may help "set the mood" but not break the budget.....

I'm looking for Soap-dish, floor mat, hand-towel etc..... if you find something creative online let me know!

Here's the pictures...... let me know what you think

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
New Fan

thanks for the move.....

Anyone have any suggestions as far as where to get additional "Stuff" for this room?
beta man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

I have no suggestions at the moment, but holy crap, that room is awesome and creepy, all in one!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Addicted Fan

My husband bought me a Friday The 13th snow globe. It has Jason hovering over a victim holding up a machete.

Wow. Cool room and scary too. But really nice job nonetheless.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
New Fan

I guess I'll just keep looking....... I found a place that does Custom blinds.... So I'm going to have some made, but I'm having the windows replaced in the next month or so.... which will remove the frames etc... so I need to have that done first......

I'm trying to find a mirror that is shaped as something that would fit the theme.... perhaps a custom-made one... but I don't know where to look.
beta man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread