Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

The Golden Globes Discussion - What films are you rooting for?

The Golden Globes are on tonight so I thought I'd start up a thread to discuss the winners as they become available throughout the telecast. Who is everyone rooting for?

I'm rooting for Kate Winslet for "Eternal Sunshine.." and Hilary Swank for "Million Dollar Baby" in the Best Actress race. I'd love to see "Million Dollar Baby" take home the prize for Best Drama but it's looking like "The Aviator" (apparent Oscar front-runner) will snag that.

Can't wait to see which films will be recognized!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

honestly i don't know who i am looking for to win. i just hope for the best for them you know. i still didn't make my decision about it.
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is the first time in years (in my opinion) where there are actually GOOD movies and performances and not just so-so movies with perennial favorites like Tom Hanks and Nicole Kidman.

Here is a link to the Nominiations

Of these...

Million Dollar Baby is strong contender (no pun intended )... As is Closer.

Logic says the Aviator is going to get it... But I'd love it if Hotel Rawanda got it (drama) simply because it is such an important and relevent film right now versus the others which are more escapist, past-revelent type of pictures.

I really hope Scarlett Johansson gets it for "Love Song for Bobby Long". She is FANTASTIC in that role... But I have a feeling Nicole Kidman will get it just because she is Nicole Kidman
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm doubting Kidman's chances on taking home the Globe but I actually thought her performance in Birth is one of the best of the year. She really gave her all to the role and it shows. I would actually be happy with her winning but the chances are very slim. She's had absolutely no love anywhere else on the awards circuit so it's looking like that category will be a face off between Hilary Swank and Imelda Staunton but you never know with the Globes.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Movie wise I'm rooting for anything Johnny Depp/Finding Neverland.

As always I haven't seen any of the movies or anything. Just going for my favorites.

In tv I'm hoping J. Garner doesn't win.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Phantom of the Opera is the only reason I'm watching. I don't even get interested in the television categories all that much.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Which categories do they announce first, movies or television? Or do they mix it up throughout the whole show?
Old 01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress
Which categories do they announce first, movies or television? Or do they mix it up throughout the whole show?
They mix them up for variety.

Natalie Portman got Best Supporting Actress (Drama; Motion Picture) for her role as Alice in Closer

Hmm. Do I smell an Oscar Upset next month?
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm hoping Eternal Sunshire of the Spotless Mind does well. It was definitley my favourite film of the year and Jim Carey and Kate Winslet really deserve to be awarded for their roles. Million Dollar Baby hasn't come out in Australia yet but i have heard that Hillary Swank is really great and i thinks that she's a great actress.

Well, isn't it comforting to know that being miserable is still better than being an idiot? - Clare Fisher
imajica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Absolute Fan

I kinda hope that Hotel Rwanda wins something, but I haven't seen any of the other movies yet.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh its already started - i totally forgot about the time difference, you can tell its a monday morning! I really hope Arrested Development wins for TV Comedy - its one of the funniest shows ever.

Well, isn't it comforting to know that being miserable is still better than being an idiot? - Clare Fisher
imajica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Im rooting for 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and "Closer'.

So far, 'Closer' got two awards, deservedly so.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Go Nip/Tuck for tv drama! And go Leo!

But damn most of the show, didn't agree with a lot... I hope the Oscars give something to "Finding Neverland". Johnny Depp looked so bohemian as always, love him.

BTW, did Orlando Bloom present or something? I saw him in the audience and didn't know if he came up during the segments I missed.

I wanted Adam Duritz to win for "Acidentally in Love"
Old 01-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Natalie won! I was so happy when Jamie Foxx won, 'Ray' was amazing. And I definitely have to see 'sideways' and 'million dollar baby' now that they've won awards. They look like decent films anyway. I'm disappointed that some of my favorites like Laura Linney and Emmy Rossum didn't win, but all in all I wasn't sitting there going 'wtf?' The awards handed out were definitely deserved.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

Jamie Foxx won?? That is so great, SO GREAT. I didn't catch that award.

But good stuff.