Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Your Favorite Heroes

I figured that since their was a favorite villian thread. This could be a topic to discuss over favorite hero characters.

Batman: He is my all time favorite superhero character. He is the tragic superhero who protects the people in city from preventing what happened to him when he was a small child. Michael Keaton did an excellent performance as the Batman in both Batman and Batman Returns. Christian Bale has his work cut out for him seeing that Val or George couldn't out do Keaton's performance.

Atticus Finch: (To Kill A Mockingbird): I think that this character was the most heroic characters of all time. Due to the fact he representing a black man in a rape case he didn't commit against an all white jury who wanted to send him to jail. Then when he stayed at the jail cell when Tom Robinson was being held to prevent anything bad from happening to him when the mob came. Gregory Peck did a good job bringing this character to life.

I will discuss my other favorites later.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with poor Atticus. He was such a great moral character, and a phenomenal hero.

Spider Man I can't help but love the Peter Parker/Spider Man duality in both movies. I never read the comics but as far as movies go, Spider Man is one of my all time favorite heroes!

Maximus (Gladiator) - What a great role for Russell Crowe... This guy Maximus is so awesome. One of my favorite scenes is when he's describing his home to Ceasar. Ah.

Aragorn (LOTR) - In "ROTK" when he says, "for Frodo". AHHHHHH! Hero's hero! Knowing he could never ever beat the Orc army he will risk his very life to give Frodo every chance to get it done...

Forrest Gump - I love Forrest. He was so noble.

Cher (Clueless) - I don't get tired of watching this. 10 years later and her personality, her point of view are still as amusing and fun as they were the first day "Clueless" came out and the two times I saw it in the theater.

Jon Miller & Andrew Beckett (Philadelphia) - I can't really put it into words. But those two characters are heroes of the first order.

I'm drawing a blank...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Andrew Beckett by Tom Hanks in Philadelphia...I think he's a true heroe...

I'm gonna sound crazy for this one....but I really think Lassie is a great heroe....i always remember this old movie (Lassie come home), when the kid that owned Lassie moved out from his house, and she followed him across the country...what a great movie

Ellen Ripley by Sigourney Weaver in Alien...OMG....she's amaizing...!!

General Maximus Decimus Meridus by Russel Crowe in Gladiator....

Robin Hood by Kevin Costner in Robin Hood...a clasic...

Han Solo by Harrison Ford in Star Wars...

Oskar Schindler by Liam Nesson in Schindler's List...maybe one of the greatest heroes of all time...what he did....incredible...

Indiana Jones by Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones...I cant wait for Indiana Jones 4!!!!

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Han Solo ...just for being the coolest space pirate!

Maximus ...for being the hottest Gladiator

Shaun ....for finally getting his arse of the sofa and saving his girlfriend from the zombies that had popped up in North London

Buzz Lightyear ...for being the best space ranger

Charlie Chaplin ...in The Kid for looking after the small child in troubled times.
LittleMilkJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Luke Skywalker for running with what he was given and finding himself in the process

Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee for being the best of friends through everything they went through and never giving up on each other and the task at hand. they didn't want to do it but they found a way to get through it with each other and overall, BECAUSE of each other

Harry Potter because he had no choice whatsoever in his destiny. He was given this destiny when he was ONE YEARS OLD and he has to grow up a lot faster than everyone else around him because of it. he's not perfect, but he does what he needs to be when he's called.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Superman
Spiderman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Super Girl
William Wallace - Braveheart
The Incredibles
Harry Potter
Aragorn

tons more.. I actually have tons of these.. post more when my mind is working better..

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:36 AM
New Fan

Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars series - Everyone always credits Luke as being the hero, but I always found it to really be Obi-Wan. He was the one who fought without compromise to uphold good and resist Darth Vader after Anakin plunged into the 'dark side.' He was also the one who helped Luke begin his journey of becoming a Jedi, trained and instructed him with the teachings, and willingly sacrificed himself to Vader to help the others escape. I think his death was probably the inspiration that strengthened Luke's determination to then triumph against evil.
Aliengem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliengem
Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars series - Everyone always credits Luke as being the hero, but I always found it to really be Obi-Wan. He was the one who fought without compromise to uphold good and resist Darth Vader after Anakin plunged into the 'dark side.' He was also the one who helped Luke begin his journey of becoming a Jedi, trained and instructed him with the teachings, and willingly sacrificed himself to Vader to help the others escape. I think his death was probably the inspiration that strengthened Luke's determination to then triumph against evil.
True.
LittleMilkJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Aragorn: LOTR Trilogy

Selene: Underworld techincally she's a baddie...but i just loved her. she killed her vamp leader. props to her
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

John McClane-(Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard With a Vengeance, Live Free or Die Hard): He would have to be my ultimate hero, by far! I have quite the list, but there's just something about McClane that stands out from all the rest. He's not just some action hero who kicks ass, he's not a superhero who can do anything, he's just a regular man put in these extreme circumstances and situations, where since no one else shows up to save the day, he steps in and does what he can, because he just can't not, given that is just his nature.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Addicted Fan

William Wallace by Gibby in Braveheart.

and my display name is not from gladiator
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Something is wrong with me. I cannot even think of one!
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus (View Post)

and my display name is not from gladiator
Then you've fooled me through the years!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Fan

heh. The evolution:

I started to play the nintendo game Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I loved many characters and adopted them for other characters in games. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd RoTK game where I became a huge fan of this general Guan Xing, son of Liu Bei's tiger General Guan Yu. I had him as governor of one of the computer controlled states and he was attacked constantly but never lost. His portrait picture was inspiring as well. Sort of looking ahead fearlessly.

His game stats weren't the best, sort of good at everything but not great. Which is alot like me. Some people started to call me Guan cuz when playing I always made sure I got them. I changed the name a bit for different reasons. Like Guanzilla for the monster version of me or Guantis for the super hero version. I had a Guantis Maximus warrior once, "maximus" as in maximum vs Minimus And when I created a new S/N here after being bored with The Daywalker, I just picked General Maximus.

/end rant.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I can't say I know the game, but I do remember each and everyone of your SNs.