Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

The 4th Annual FanForum Movie Awards! Now LOTR-Free!

For the last three years, FanForum has been hosting a movie awards show unlike any other. And for the last three years, THE LORD OF THE RINGS has been sweeping every category it was eligible for (except Best Supporting Actress, which Miranda Otto finally won for Return of the King).

This year, there is no Lord of the Rings movie.

But the FANFORUM MOVIE AWARDS shall return!

This is the 4th year that we're holding these awards, so it's time for us to let people know about these awards!

Here are the official rules.

OFFICIAL 2004 FANFORUM MOVIE AWARDS RULES

GENERAL RULES

1. Only FanForum posters who have registered on or before November 2004 and have accumulated at least 101 posts (at the time of voting) are eligible to nominate and vote at the 2004 FanForum Movie Awards.

2. All films which made their American theatrical debut in 2004 are eligible for the FFMAs. (An official list of Academy-eligible films is coming out soon, so we'll use that for reference when it comes out.) There are different eligibility rules for Best Animated Feature and Best Foreign Language Film; we'll announce those as we roll along.

CAMPAIGN PERIOD ONE RULES

1. FanForum members may campaign or rally behind their favorite movies and performances. This may be done by posting on the official FFMA thread on the Movies board. Posters, graphics, and even plain text may be posted on this thread.

2. Any number of posters may be made for a single movie or performance. Just make sure that you identify the movie you're campaigning for as well as the pertinent category (and names, if it's a category honoring a single performer).

3. The first campaign period will be from 25 December 2004 until 15 January 2005, EST.

NOMINATION PERIOD RULES

1. Only eligible voters (as explained above) may nominate.

2. Nomination will be done via Private Messaging on the boards. Email votes and AIM votes will be ignored.

3. There must be 5 nominees listed in ALL CATEGORIES, except for Best Animated Feature, Best Foreign Language Film, and Best Documentary. In those categories, if you're going to vote, you'll need three nominees (so, it's either three nominees or none at all).

4. Votes for all categories are weighted. You must rank the nominees in order of preference. The top ranked film or performance gets 5 points, second place gets 4 points, and so on. The five films and performances with the most points will get the nomination. In case of a tiebreaker, the number of ballot mentions will be determine who gets nominated.

5. When voting for actors and actresses, please indicate what movie you're nominating them for. I'm not psychic, and though sometimes it's obvious which movie the person you're nominating is in, it's complicated when the people you nominate have appeared in more than one film last year. Please, indicate the movie, or else your vote will be thrown out.

6. Each member is only allowed one vote. I mean, really, that should've been obvious. You're not allowed to change your votes once you've sent them, either, so be sure your votes are as final as they'll ever be.

7. Campaigning will be allowed during the nominations period, but you're not allowed to post your entire ballot (or even huge chunks of it) anywhere. Also, please don't spam (it's against FanForum rules anyway).

8. Nominations will be held from 16 January 2005 until 31 January 2005, EST. Nominees will be announced 1 February 2005 (barring any complications that arise from voting).

CAMPAIGN PERIOD TWO RULES

1. The same rules as Campaign Period One apply.

2. The second campaign period will be from 1 February 2005 until 14 February 2005, EST.

VOTING PERIOD RULES

1. Only eligible voters (as explained above) may vote. In addition, only those who participated in the nomination period may vote. This is just for fairness, so we don't have people showing up only at the Voting stage just because they can't think of three nominees in each category (because they're just ardent supporters of certain movies). This rule also hopefully encourages people to actually nominate movies, performances, and people.

NOTE: If too few people have nominated, then I may open voting to those who did not vote. Watch this space for more word on this, though.

2. Voting will be done via Private Messaging on the boards. Email votes and AIM votes will be ignored.

3. You must vote for ONE and only ONE in EACH category. No exceptions. No ties.

4. When voting for actors and actresses, again, please indicate which movie they're from. This is especially helpful for double-nominees.

5. Again, each member is only allowed one vote.

6. Again, campaigning on the FFMA thread is not allowed.

7. The voting period will be from 15 February 2005 until 28 February 2005. The ceremonies will be on March 3-4, 2005.

=====

By the way, these are the categories open for consideration. If you have any suggestions, PM me.

Best Picture
Best Director
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Ensemble Cast
Best Screenplay
Best Soundtrack
Best Song
Best Effects
Best Costume and Makeup
Best Art Direction
Best Cinematography
Best Animated Feature
Best Foreign Language Film
Best Documentary
Old 12-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

I love the title!

I'm glad you're doing this again - and I'd volunteer to help but I remember how I let you down last year. Still, this will be fun to watch.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds good! I'll have to think about who I nominate, but this sounds exciting!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oo I cant wait for this to begin, it sounds like fun
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great title.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I know, love it.

Do you think we should top this, so everyone will be able to see it and know about it?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good idea.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Yeah - sure, we can temporarily top this.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Wow... I've never had one of these FFMA threads topped before.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
Wow... I've never had one of these FFMA threads topped before.
don't let it go to your head........only kidding....but really i have a question...so if i want to nominate a film i should pm you instead of posting it here???
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Nominations won't be until January, but if you want people to remember a certain movie (or if it's out on video or in theaters, watch a certain movie) then you can post here.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr
I love the title!

I'm glad you're doing this again - and I'd volunteer to help but I remember how I let you down last year. Still, this will be fun to watch.
as much as I adored the whole LotR series...I have to admit, the title is fabulous!

Claudia
Old 12-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Addicted Fan

It's been a year already? ... Time flies...
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

I urge everyone to remember Natalie Portman and Zach Braff for GARDEN STATE.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

The Academy has released its Reminder List of Eligible Films, which shall be the basis of our own eligibility system.

I've taken a gander at the list, and just realized something. So, if you'll allow me...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
"CRYING LADIES"

Best Picture
Best Director (Mark Meily)
Best Actress (Sharon Cuneta)
Best Supporting Actor (Eric Quizon)
Best Supporting Actress (Hilda Koronel)
Best Ensemble
Best Cinematography
Best Foreign Language Film

That is all.
Reply   Post New Thread