Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Music Video Ideas

Pick a song (or songs) and make up a video concept for it!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Anyway, I suppose I could start off with this. Hmm...

Breathe No More
I imagine that Amy would be in some bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror. She's obviously upset (runny makeup always works), has been crying and also appears to be somewhat confused. [heh, a hard look to nail, but I think our Amy can do it ] Suddenly, she breaks the mirror. As if in shock, she only stares and the damage she has done, not caring for anything that has happened to her. While she's staring, there can be flashes of her dual life: the one she's in right now [all upset and whatnot] and the one where she's "happy" with the one she loves (but doesn't know her other side)...

Sound really familiar? The video for EF should have been the video for BNM! This could also work if she was like a spy or something. It would play up the dual role really well. Too much Alias for me?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

There should SO be an Ev Alias video. Amy with the firey red hair - oh wait, Britney Spears already did that.

For some reason for "Haunted" I see the whole band standing in an open field that's shrouded with slightly dense fog. But then we see flashbacks of some story that got them as depressed as they are. Yeah, that sounds like a haunted hayride. It's a good thing I don't design videos for a living.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Ah, it seems Ms. Spears did already do that! She also got to the "pissed off in the bathtub" thing first.

Ever since I read Ben's (I read somewhere that it was Ben who came up with it) story about the song, I can only picture that as the video. You know, the whole thing about a little girl, following a ball into a house where she's trapped.. she grows up in that house, only knowing her captor... she hates him, but loves him too.. all weird messed up goodness!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Huh. That does sound good.

There was one point when I'd thought of something for "Missing" but now I can't remember. I'll come back when I do.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, for Missing I'd imagine it being a "period video". Don't ask why, I just do.

I think a stalker Amy would be SWEET for "Taking Over Me" Or that's just me. Kind of like a "Wicker Park" thingy... Awesomeness...
Old 02-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

For Tourniquet, I could see her Amy lying in the bathroom, after trying to kill herself... Then it flashes back to her past like... At the end it's back to her on the floor regretting what she did... And it'd be obvious in her eyes.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 02-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornyRose565
For Tourniquet, I could see her Amy lying in the bathroom, after trying to kill herself... Then it flashes back to her past like... At the end it's back to her on the floor regretting what she did... And it'd be obvious in her eyes.
I saw a fanvid of this (the fan actually was in the video and whatnot) and the concept was really good! It was about a girl that was abused by her "significant other" and you know... does herself off because of it. Quite sad! I cried at the end of the video.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost lullaby
I think a stalker Amy would be SWEET for "Taking Over Me" Or that's just me. Kind of like a "Wicker Park" thingy... Awesomeness...
It would be really cool to see Amy as the avenger instead of the victim. Seriously.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

For Imaginary, I see it as something completely surreal. The song is very descriptive. It'd be cool to see some of the stuff they talk about in the song.. like the field of paper flowers, candy clouds.. I dunno, I had something better thought up for this, but it slipped my mind.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know this post is way over a year old. But when I found it I had to post. Ever since I heard Whisper I saw it. And honestly I was discouraged when it wasn't released as a single. Sorta.

Whisper plays out in my head. I may have things a little wrong and a little off or not way off, not really sure. The visual is quite graphic so a little warning before you continue. But the concept I see in my head is this:

The look of the video is dark and bluish, much like BMTL. It's a city setting. But that is seen later.

At the start of the song we're inside a house or apartment and a girl is partying with her friends and boyfriend. But not any party, it's a drug influenced party more of a routine thing.... In the beginning the pain she feels is the drugs that she's taking the cocain she's snorting.

Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself
This truth drives me
Into madness
I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

She notices her BF has wandered away and goes to find him lying in bed, blood and white muscus pooring from his nose and mouth.... overdose.

I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know that there's much more to come
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be blinded by tears
I can stop the pain if I will it all away

The party is over and her friends run to his side, but she knows he's dead. She runs. And she keeps running. Throughout the city all over downtown.

Don't turn away
Don't try to hide
Don't close your eyes
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

A sudden change of scenery and we find her up on the roof of the city's largest highrise. She's standing on the egde, the world below watching, people behind her calling her back...
Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices in my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me, I fear
She beckons me, shall I give in
Upon my end, shall I begin
Forsaking all I've fallen for
I rise to meet the end

She jumps... or falls, let's her self fall. Suddenly realizing it's not what she wanting, screaming, knowing she wanted to live....

As the song comes screaming back:
Don't turn away

Before she hits the ground her eyes open, she screams and finds herself at the bottom of the building looking up. She'd imagined herself falling.

[/I](Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
Don't close your eyes
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)[/I]

In fear she runs more, and runs to a a church where she's runs to the alter and falls on her knees... she's ready to change....

Don't turn away
Don't try to hide
Don't close your eyes
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep, never die)

You see the choir singing and swaying:
Servatis a periculum.
Servatis a maleficum
Servatis a periculum.
Servatis a maleficum
Servatis a periculum.
Servatis a maleficum

As she bows in pain and release.

Okay, the first part very graphic. Somehow when I imagined it, it didn't seems so bad. LOL!! I think I had just watched Pulp fiction or something and I had the whole drug scene in my head. Wicked. LOL!! If this crosses any of the rules as far as going to far, please let me know and delete it. I wasn't sure about the first part anyway.

But that's what I always picture, well, I always picture the fall off the roof before the shock and awe the music builds up to. But then it's almost similar to BMTL also. They probably would have thought it was too much. LOL!!
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone

http://goldnsunrise.blogspot.com/

Last edited by GoldNSunrise; 08-16-2006 at 09:06 AM
Old 08-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Hey, cool idea!
I never thought of it that way.
As you could see, I don't exactly plan out my videos as well as yourself. I should rethink some...

(and yay, someone else does this! )
Old 08-17-2006, 01:48 AM
Addicted Fan

My friend from Polish EvForum has imagine a video to "Missing":
Night, hotel, somewhere in Europe, Ben is packing up. Then the words "Maybe someday you'll have woke up", he's taking Amy's photo from the table, watching on it and packing. At the end of the verse camera is taking a picture of band's practising before concert begin... Chorus; Ben is trying to close his bag but then he's still watching at the Amy's photo... And he's thinking about all of these moments he spend with her: writing lyrics, playing music and concerts, making the videos etc... Next chorus begin, Ben is closing his bag, taking his coat and leaving his room... He's going through the hall and confidientally watching the band practising... They have fun, for a short moment he's catching an eye with Amy, but she doesn't move, anything. He's leaving. The last verse: Ben's leaving the hotel and going to his car. Camera shows the band, playing the song on a concert. Ben is running to skid into the tree... The last shoot at Amy and band, the concert ends, public is clapping, band is leaving the stage... And then, there's a shoot at Ben in crashed car... "Isn't someone missing me?..." END
I hate the small talk and the empty days

Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hey, cool idea!
I never thought of it that way.
As you could see, I don't exactly plan out my videos as well as yourself. I should rethink some...
Thanks! I actually still aspire to become a music video director. Hopefully. Since I've gotten married my current goal is getting us into our own house and have some babies as fast as possible. LOL!! Sometimes when I hear songs I see them play out before me, like unfolding with the music.... Can't really explain it in any other way than that.

Ann, wow!! I never thought of Missing in that way. Amazing!! See!! That's why I'm here at this forum!! LOL!!
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone

http://goldnsunrise.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

So does anyone have any ideas on what the video for Lithium will be like? I can't wait to see it.

I imagine it being very dramatic and very elegant.