Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

"I like to watch"

Those of you who are moviephiles will recognize the famous "Chance the Gardner" line from Being There, but it's not super important to the topic of this thread...

However, HOW you watch your movies, is!

So - how do you watch at home? How do you watch in the theater? Do you have any favorites - like, you have to be in the very middle/back/center row?

Do you go alone?

Do you have to see the film when it first comes out?

Feel free to discuss any and all aspects of movie viewing here.

I'll put in my 2 cents later...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I usually like watching movies alone or with a family member or friend. I dont really like going to the theater much cause I tend to get mad easily when someone has their cell phone on or chatters who have to talk during the movie and not even whisper while they talk Plus I love being comfy on my couch awhile watching a movie instead of sitting in the seats at the theater.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love going to the theater...but I don't go as often as I used to, and now only really go when there's a movie I really want to see. Usually I go within the first week the movie's out.

If it's a film I'm dying to see, then I go opening day. I love going to 'event' films (Star Wars, LOTR type) opening day because a lot of die hard fans go then, and it's just a fun experience. Everyone's excited. I've gone with friends, have gone with my mom...but I can also go alone. I have no problem with seeing a movie by myself, especially if it's one I love or am excited about.

I sit in the middle, usually a few rows from the front. I don't like being in the back as much, unless it's stadium style seating. And my seat has to be in the center of the screen, whether I'm in the back or the front. Picky, I know.

As far as being home...I usually watch movies on my TV in my bedroom, because I can lay on the bed and relax.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

I like to go with friends to the movies.

If I really, really want to see a movie then I want to go to the theater. I often would like to see every movie in the theater but I rarely get to. The time in my life that I went a lot was in middle school and high school. I went all the time back then, particularly 7th and 8th grade, I went every Friday and Saturday without fail.

I always like to sit in the very back, but I also like sitting in the middle or on the sit in the back if you know what I mean.. like if you have 3 rows, one big and 2 little ones on the side..

At home I always watch movies in my bed.. I get comfy propped up on pillows and sit back with the lights out. I can do this and stay awake though I know looots of people have problems with this. I have only fallen asleep during movies when I was sick or dead dog tired.

And I like a wide varity of movies.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Depends on the kind of film that I'll be going to see. If it's something that I know I'll be crying...I'm going solo...otherwise I like to go with friends. It's more fun to have your pals there

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

When I watch movies at home, I like to watch them in my room so I can lie on my bed and get really comfy while watching them. I prefer to watch them at night time so I can watch them in the dark so nothing can distract me from whats going on in the movie.

I love going to the cinema to see movies as well. I ususally wait a few weeks after a film has been released so the theatre is quite quiet and there wouldnt be too many people watching it as well. I hate people who chat through the trailers and film. I dont mind the adverts as they can drag on and get boring, but not when the trailers and film are playing.

girl with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I love going to the actual movie theater with a friend and seeing a movie there. And I usually try to see the movies I want within the first 2 weeks they're out. I don't know why, it's just my preference.

I don't like watching movies at home very much, but when I do I usually like to be alone. Unless it's something silly that I just wanted to make fun of, then its fun with a lot of people.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Total Fan

I prefer watching movies alone. There's only liek two people I'll go see movies with, and enjoy it. Everyone else I know annoys the **** out of me when watching movies. Mayeb I'll go with them after I've seen the movie once, but yeah. First times usually alone.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

I usually go with my dad, just he and I. We enjoy the same types of movies, so we'll go, get our popcorn and soda(and bitch about the prices together, hee), and just have a good time.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

I like to watch while eating dinner... alone. It doesn't take that long for new movies to be released on video, anyway, since they're trying to beat the bootleggers to it.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten
I love going to 'event' films (Star Wars, LOTR type) opening day because a lot of die hard fans go then, and it's just a fun experience.
I've done that with the LotR films, and the SW films, (the Prequels and the re-releases of the OT). It's kinda sad that after EpIII there won't be any more big opening days to look forward to.

I don't go to the movies much these days unless there's something I really wanna see. My ideal location is smack bang in the middle of the cinema. Half way back and right in the middle of the row, and I don't really like having too many people around me, because if they start making noise I know it'll just annoy the hell out of me.

Oh, and I've always gotta have popcorn and a coke, most of which ends up being consumed before the preview trailers are even finished.

Sometimes when watching a movie at home I'll do it at night. Close all the doors and windows, turn out all the lights and crank up the surround sound. That's what I'll be doing this Friday when the Extended RotK DVD comes out here. But that's only now and then if I'm really in the mood. Most of the time I just whack in the DVD and sit on the couch and watch.

I'm also one of those annoying people who'll sit there and quote whole sections of the movie if I know them. If I'm watching with someone else I'll just mouth the words to avoid being a pain in the butt. If I'm on my own, I'll say them out loud.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

If I'm in the theater, I am never alone. No matter what the film is.

Who I watch with during home-viewings depend on the type of movie (i.e., comedies or scary movies - with a bunch of friends; sappy love story - with my boyfriend).

Sometimes I prefer to watch alone - especially during thought-provoking, intelligent movies (like Charlie Kauffman stories ) I cannot be disturbed and I like to be alone to think about them
Ambular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Fan

how do you watch at home? In my pajamas, on the couch, with a pillow and a blanket.

How do you watch in the theater? I always wear one of my hoodies so I feel like I have a blanket wrapped around me. I usually get a water or a slushie and I sit where I can put my feet up on the bar.

Do you have any favorites - like, you have to be in the very middle/back/center row? I like to sit in the middle of the isle.

Do you go alone? No, I love going with either my cousin or my parents.

Do you have to see the film when it first comes out? I usually wait a week or 2 unless it's something I'm really excited about.
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
SweetLisaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Re: "I like to watch"

Ah, good idea

So - how do you watch at home? Spread out on the couch with my squishy pillow, wearing my PJs and fluffy socks. Ooh, comfort

How do you watch in the theater? With an Iced Tea and a small popcorn - and if you're talking, I WILL kick the back of your seat!

Do you have any favorites - like, you have to be in the very middle/back/center row? Smack-dab in the middle of the theater - middle seat, middle row. Optimal viewing experience.

Do you go alone? Nah, I hate being there alone. I gotta bring someone with me.

Do you have to see the film when it first comes out? I wait a week, so that it's still new and exciting (and not old news, so that I haven't had the ending ruined) but so that it isn't too crowded.

Ambular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
Depends on the kind of film that I'll be going to see. If it's something that I know I'll be crying...I'm going solo...otherwise I like to go with friends...

Alex
That's really funny!

last beautiful girl - that's awfully sweet. And yeah - I like to go to the movies with my grandmother (unless it's going to be racy or too artsy for her). We have a lot of fun.

And you know, I love going to the theater alone - sometimes it's easier because I'm not expected to respond to those I'm with, you know?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread