Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

What's your favorite Rory scene?

Pretty much what the title asks. What's your favorite Rory scene from S1 of GG to now? And, of course, why?

I'll have to take a look at all the episodes and decide.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

My favorite Rory scene just b/c of how it was written would have to be in Like Mother, Like Daughter when she starts yelling at the headmaster, esp. this quote "And I have friends. I have a steady boyfriend, and my mother and I are freakishly linked, and Lane and I have been best friends since kindergarten. But you don't see that because I don't live in this town, and if you don't see it then it must not be true. And you call me in here to lecture me because I'd rather read at lunch then endlessly discuss the euthanasia of homecoming." I just like that episode in general because I think Rory's personality really shines through.

But, my favorite Rory scene b/c of Alexis' acting has to be the end of Lorelai's Graduation Day. I was really impressed with her whole performance in that last scene with Lauren and to this day it is still my favorite GG scene ever, not just my favorite Rory scene.

Gotta love season 2.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 12-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Extreme Fan

The choices, the choices. I've only seen seasons 1, 2, and 5 so I can't vouch for 3 and 4, but from the shows I've seen... omg I still can't decide. Ok, this I'm sure is only because I'm a guy, but the scene that comes to my mind is 1.03, "Kill Me Now", when Rory and Lorelai have the big argument over whose boobs are bigger. (After Lorelai accuses Rory of stretching out her shirt) I'm sure it's just because of the being a guy thing, but I've gotta say that was the funniest scene I can remember.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Rain Candy: I love that first scene you posted. Just the whole way Rory dealt with it and all - you could tell what kind of girl she was.

And the graduation episode with Jess on the phone.."I think I may have loved you.." or something like that.

I don't know why but I love the scene in the episode where Rory and Jess get together and after their kiss scene, she goes to talk to Dean. It was such a sweet scene with her apologizing. You could tell it was sincere and she was realizing how crappy she treated him.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

The ones posted by Rain Candy I love!

I also love in Lost and Found when she does her whole rambling "I don't mean care like 'care' care..I just mean.." with Jess. Soo funny!!

And, her book smelling thing from last night! I love Rory, she's such a dork!

Dodger - For him.
Literati - For what they once were.

If it's not right -- it's not the end.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

haha yes the book smelling was great...lol...knowning me I might have done it too. also her and richard after pulling the prank on Logan, that was great.

i think my favorite scene of Rory is Lorelai's graduation, where Rory is rambling on and on about how bad and stupid she was for missing her moms graduation. just shows how much she loved her mom and felt bad for missing it.

darylbeth
Old 12-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Heh heh. I sniff books.

Um...I dunno if it's my favorite, dunno if I can pick one...but when she had the outburst when she was late for the test in "The Deerhunters" was pretty amazing.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Candy
But, my favorite Rory scene b/c of Alexis' acting has to be the end of Lorelai's Graduation Day. I was really impressed with her whole performance in that last scene with Lauren and to this day it is still my favorite GG scene ever, not just my favorite Rory scene.

Gotta love season 2.
Oh! I love that one! A few weeks back, we had Season Two reruns (now we're on S3 reruns, anticipating for S5 to come back), and I watched that episode, and I really enjoyed it. It has to be up there with a few other of my faves.

And I have no idea why I like this scene so much, but it's when Jess comes back into town, and then Rory runs away and goes, "It's my turn!" and Jess follows her,because before that scene Jess runs away when he sees her. I don't know why I like it so much, but it was the way she said it and they way she ran off that made me like it.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love mostly in season 1 Rory's quotes
Old 12-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

NZOCFan--I love that chase scene so much. "Stop running!" "Stop following!" "We look like idiots!" "I don't care!"
Old 12-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Her argument with her father in the season 3 premiere. Alexis' best acting on the series.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 12-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

You mean in the second episode? He wasn't in the premiere.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
You mean in the second episode? He wasn't in the premiere.
I stand corrected.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 12-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

I can't remember that scene all that well, actually. All my focus was on how hunched her back was. Much like my back.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Two of my favourite scenes:

The one in the classroom at Chilton when she's late for the test, 'cause she hit a deer. Hilarious!

And the one on the porch with Jess when she's trying to convince him to try be nicer to Lorelei.

Jess: What makes you think I care about you?
Rory: Not care CARE. I mean if you like me at all...Not like LIKE...

She was funny in both of those scenes.

Last edited by madelen; 12-05-2004 at 01:49 PM