Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Meet Joe Black (1998) #1

Courtesy of movieweb.com:

The charmed life and orderly household of media tycoon William Parrish (Anthony Hopkins) are suddenly disrupted by the arrival of enigmantic young Joe Black (Brad Pitt) who falls in love with Parrish's beautiful daughter Susan (Claire Forlani).

For Parrish, Susan and the rest of the family, the consequences of this romance are profound, complicated and bittersweet, for Joe Black is actually the personification of Death -- come to call on Parish.

Okay, this movie stole my heart instantly. It was just a sweet movie all-around. Did anybody else feel their heart go pitter-pat when they watched it?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

I did!! SO much. I loved it! It's one of my very favorites.

I love the quotes in the movie and it's just such a touching movie.

VC - sent u a pm back.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

This is one of my very fav quotes from the movie and just in general:

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Old 11-16-2004, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Galaxia! Yes, Anthony Hopkins did a wonderful job in the movie. Heck, everyone did a wonderful job in the movie!

Thank you for PM'ing me back. I'm going to read it now.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree! Anthony Hopkins is always great though, he's a really good actor.

You're welcome. I hope I helped explain at least some of what you were wanting to know.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Absolute Fan

I really love this movie, but i can't get my friends to watch it because they're scared of the whole '3-hours' thing. but I think it's a great movie...one of my favorite scenes, though, is the whle scene in the coffee shop at the begnning...so sweet.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

I've seen the last 45 minutes on sci-fi about twenty times, I've never been able to catch the whole movie, I think I'll have to rent it
Suga*Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gotmilk
I really love this movie, but i can't get my friends to watch it because they're scared of the whole '3-hours' thing. but I think it's a great movie...one of my favorite scenes, though, is the whle scene in the coffee shop at the begnning...so sweet.
No, tell them to see it! It's so romantic!
I even had to make an avi of the movie!

Old 11-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Absolute Fan

i like the film, it's intresting if a tad too boring in place & could of been shorter

ok did anyone else laugh there head off when he got knocked over i mean, he bounced of like 4 cars , i did feel kinda bad laughing (ok i didn't), but it was like a cartoon death,

it was weird i was thinking how it was cute that they were looking back ta each other then...BAM!! poor guy though..

Last edited by film fan; 11-17-2004 at 03:40 PM
film fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that was messed up when Brad Pitt got hit by those 2 cars like that. That's why you should never fall in love with a woman in the middle of traffic.

Old 11-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

The ending of this movie gets me everytime. I always end up tearing up and that song they play Just beautiful.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by film fan

ok did anyone else laugh there head off when he got knocked over i mean, he bounced of like 4 cars , i did feel kinda bad laughing (ok i didn't), but it was like a cartoon death,

OMG yes! I wasnt sure if I should feel sorry for him or what but when I saw that I was totally shocked then started to burst out with laughter and rewinded it like fifty times and rewatched it
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by vc318
No, tell them to see it! It's so romantic!
I even had to make an avi of the movie!
Ooh will you make me one?? I would except I don't have that many pics from it.

I agree it is one of the most romantic movies I have ever seen! Plus everything that is said in the movie is awesome for quotes and stuff, cause everything is so meaningful.

Film fan, awful! Yeah it is funny cause you know it's just a movie and sometimes you can't help but laugh when something looks weird.

I always laugh when certain people get it in movies. Usually the bad guy.. I'm like oh yeah, take that!!!

Old 11-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
OMG yes! I wasnt sure if I should feel sorry for him or what but when I saw that I was totally shocked then started to burst out with laughter and rewinded it like fifty times and rewatched it
I did the same also!

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Absolute Fan

if i had recorded it, i would of done the same thing