Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FAQ Thread - Ask all your Katie questions here

This thread is designed to help anyone who isn't familiar with Katie or anyone who would like additonal info on her.

Short Biography:

Katie was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. Interested in performing arts, at age 13, Katie took dance, acting and voice lessons. She got her start as an actress in theater productions at her high school, Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls Catholic school in her hometown. During the summer of 1996, she attended an International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) Convention where the judges saw something in her. With the help of an agent, she then flew to LA to meet Ang Lee and got her first movie role in "The Ice Storm". Afterwards, she returned to Toledo to finish her senior year and continued in school productions landing the role of Lola in the play "Damn Yankees". During that year, she sent a tape for "Dawson's Creek" where the producers were very interested in her and gave her a callback. Committed to her school play, she refused to audition for "Dawson's Creek" when it coincided with her opening night. Luckily, the producers agreed to reschedule and she landed the coveted role of Joey Potter. Since then, she has appeared in more than 10 films and is now engaged to Chris Klein.

Vital Stats:

Full Name: Katherine Noelle Holmes
Date of Birth: December 18, 1978
Place of Birth: Toledo, OH
Father: Marty Holmes, Lawyer
Mother: Kathleen Holmes, Homemaker
Family: 4 siblings
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 108 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown

Fun Facts:

- Attended Columbia University, which she had deferred twice previous, in the summer of 2000 and took a photography class.
- Was born 2 months premature.
- The first concert she ever saw was Whitney Houston.
- A group from California called "Youth in Asia" wrote a song about Katie.
- Dated co-star Joshua Jackson.
- Favorite Movies: "My Best Friend's Wedding", "Pretty in Pink", "Sixteen Candles", "Gosford Park".
- Favorite Actors: Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Jodie Foster.
- Favorite Musicians: Sarah McLachlan, Tracy Chapman, Frank Sinatra, Jewel, The Dave Matthews Band, Natalie Merchant
- She enjoys singing, vanilla lattes, diet coke, swimming, running, yoga, shopping, barbies, sushi, health bars, cookie dough, buttered popcorn.
- Was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV Series. She turned the part down because she wanted to finish high school.
- Turned down the lead role in 40 Days and 40 Nights (2001), due to scheduling conflicts.
- Auditioned for the role of Ellie Christianson in Wicked (1998), but Julia Stiles won the part.
- The first movie she ever saw was E.T.
- Her fantasy role was playing Sydney in Scream 3.

Filmography:

Batman Begins (2005) - Rachel Dawes
First Daughter (2004) - Samantha Mackenzie
Pieces of April (2003) - April Burns
Singing Detective, The (2003) - Nurse Mills
Abandon (2002) - Katie Burke
Phone Booth (2002) - Pamela McFadden
Gift, The (2000) - Jessica King
Wonder Boys (2000) - Hannah Green
Teaching Mrs. Tingle (1999) - Leigh Ann Watson
Muppets From Space (1999) (uncredited) - Joey
Go (1999) - Claire Montgomery
Disturbing Behavior (1998) - Rachel Wagner
"Dawson's Creek" (1998) TV Series - Josephine 'Joey' Potter
Ice Storm, The (1997) - Libbets Casey

Awards:

Nominated - 2004 Golden Satellite Award - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical for: Pieces of April (2003)

Nominated - 2000 MTV Movie Award - Best Kiss for: Teaching Mrs. Tingle (1999) Shared with: Barry Watson

Won - 1999 MTV Movie Award - Best Breakthrough Female Performance for: Disturbing Behavior (1998)

1999 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA
Nominated - Saturn Award - Best Performance by a Younger Actor/Actress for: Disturbing Behavior (1998)

Contact her:

14960 Dickens Street #218
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-3466
USA

Katie Holmes
9200 Sunset Boulevard #1130
Los Angeles, CA 90069
USA

There's no guarantee that these are the right addresses or that you'll get an answer though.

This is a compilation from three sites: Perfect Grace, katie-homes, and Katie Holmes Pictures.

If you have any Katie related questions that haven't been answered above, ask them here, and we'll try our best to help you.

Last edited by water lilies; 11-18-2004 at 01:17 AM
Old 11-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for all the useful information

One question, where it says there is a band in Japan that has a song on Katie. Well, I read in a magazine that the band is from Calfornia and they are called "Youth in Asia." Maybe, I'm wrong or there was two bands, who did a song on Katie.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did some more research and I found the lyrics to the song of "Youth in Asia" about Katie. I think that there was only one song, so I edited in your info.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I found some fun facts on Katie, so if you want to add them on then you can

- Was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV Series. She turned the part down because she wanted to finish high school.

- Turned down the lead role in 40 Days and 40 Nights (2001), due to scheduling conflicts

- Auditioned for the role of Ellie Christianson in Wicked (1998), but Julia Stiles won the part

- The first movie she ever saw was E.T.

- Her fantasy role was playing Sydney in Scream 3
Old 11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Turned down the lead role in 40 Days and 40 Nights (2001), due to scheduling conflicts
I'm glad she did, that movie sucked!!!

Interesting fact about the Sydney thing, I wouldn't have thought she would have wanted to be in a movie like that!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I added the extra info.