Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Bridget Jones Diary 1 & 2- "For anyone who's ever been set up, stood up or felt up."

Credit to degrassi_icons
for my icon

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 01-14-2015 at 08:11 PM
Old 11-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Love the pictures! I am going to see this film on the day it's released. I just can't wait!

Shipper of: Karl/Susan, Dawson/Joey, Bridget/Mark, Willow/Tara
Old 11-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thread #2

Reposting this in case someone missed it:

Bridget Jones Sequel Moved Up a Week

In response to highly enthusiastic reactions from press and exhibitors at early screenings, Universal Pictures will release Working Title Films' Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, starring Renee Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, in approximately 500 theaters nationwide on Friday, November 12. Based on Helen Fielding's bestseller that continues the trials and tribulations of the symbolic heroine of 'singletons' everywhere, the film, previously scheduled to debut November 19, will instead expand to 2500 theaters on that date.

Said Nikki Rocco, president, distribution, Universal Pictures, "There is a whole legion of rabid Bridget fans out there from the first film who cannot wait for this second installment. After the tremendous response to our early press and word-of-mouth screenings -- as well as from exhibitors who saw the film last week at ShowEast -- we looked at the competitive landscape and realized that we had the goods for our target audience and the flexibility to deliver the film to eager moviegoers in selected markets one week earlier. This will give us a jumpstart on the holiday business."

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason stars Oscar winner Renee Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth all reprising the roles they originated in Bridget Jones's Diary. In this follow-up to the worldwide hit, we find Bridget where we left her -- blissful and besotted in the arms of gorgeous lawyer Mark Darcy (Firth). Mark is accomplished, supportive and tolerant of (nearly) all of Bridget's tiny jealousies -- why wouldn't every woman in London, including Mark's new long-legged, drop-dead, "I-always-say-the-right-thing-at-all-times" intern, want to lure him away from the plumpish, opinionated, sometimes inappropriate Bridget? With the entry of the leggy threat, Bridget's pink clouds begin to turn gray as her attacks of self-doubt sorely test her relationship with Darcy. And just when it seems that the waters couldn't get any more choppy, Bridget's former boss, womanizing heartthrob Daniel Cleaver (Grant), sails into view.

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason provides a hilarious and touching look at the answer to the question, "What happens after the happy ending?"

Laura|
Old 11-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

6 days before I can watch the movie...
I'm definetly watching it on the release date...the first viewing that i can get as well..which is in Sydney...I could probably wait an hour and watch it in my local cinemas...but no...I've been waiting TOO long for this movie...

I think the rest of you can relate!

iconcredit
Old 11-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

A new thread!

Found these.

Sasha
Old 11-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks S.A.S.H.A. for the icons and thanks for the article Lazy

Only more 7 more days for me

Credit to degrassi_icons
for my icon
Old 11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

That is one of my fave movie of all-time! I can't wait to see it! I'm dying!

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
A new thread!

Found these.

Sasha
Those are great!

Laura|
Old 11-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Total Fan

I AM GETTING SOOOO EXCITED!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Passionate Fan

The cast on Oprah last night for us Aussies...
I was craving for more Colin stuff....
It was way too limited....

iconcredit
Old 11-06-2004, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just heard:

Renee will be on Letterman on 11/17

Colin will be on Letterman on 11/18

Sasha
Old 11-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm excited for the sequel too. Now I must find a friend to go with me on the day its released.

LiveJournal
Old 11-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
[B]Renee will be on Letterman on 11/17

Colin will be on Letterman on 11/18
Really? Oh lord. Letterman is the only talk show to make it on free-to-air TV, albeit at about 2 am but by God, I will wait all night/morning if need be to see Colin Firth. To hell with whatever I'm doing the next day! Which is, unfortunately, school. Screw that, seeing Colin is more important.

I was talking to a friend about seeing the Oprah interview for the first time last night. She's never thought Colin was good-looking in the past but admitted that he looked and I quote "really hot" on the show last night. Yay, another recruit.

I swear, I've been experiencing signs of BJD for the past few days. On Thursday night, I was watching Little Britain and one of the characters was watching Pride & Prejudice and the movie was reviewed on At The Movies that night as well, showing lovely new unseen footage. Friday, my VCR which has been broken for these past 3 months or so decided to work again while I was testing my Pride & Prejudice tape and the interview special was on that night as well. And yesterday morning, I was reading my local newspaper when I stumbled upon an article about the Edge of Reason and that new Jamie Cullum video clip came on TV, with even more footage of the movie. Honestly, it's bizarre, I keep seeing Bridget Jones related stuff everywhere.

Needless to say, I'm very excited for Thursday. I'm going to watch it that night.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, that is a lot of Bridget/Colin stuff you've been seeing there. You must truly be ecstatic.

Sasha
Old 11-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi, has anyone seen the film yet?

i watched it last night, it had previews in london a week early and have to say it was great!!

i loved it, and am definately going to watch it again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread