Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Movie with the best all around cast

Hm... The first thing that popped in my head was Ocean's 11 because that was one of the lines used to market the movie. The original also had the top of the crop playing the characters.

Another movie with a wonderful cast is 21 Grams with Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts. Of course there's Heat with Al Pacino and Robert de Niro leading a decent supporting cast.

I thought of all this after reading the casting rumors for a remake of All The King's Men:

Quote:
Another Remake And What A Cast...

A remake of "All the Kings' Men" is attracting an all-star
cast. Jude Law and Sean Penn have agreed to star, while
Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet and Mark Ruffalo are in talks to
join the production.
There's a movie like Cold Mountain where even the parts usually played by extras had stars like Natalie Portman filling in. And The Score with Bobby D, Angela Basset, Edward Norton and Marlon Brando.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:55 AM
New Fan

It's hard to think of a movie that could compete with Ocean's Eleven I guess. Cast star quality-wise anyway. Other than the all-star main and supporting cast there are the dozens of little cameos and people playing themselves, Topher Grace, Shane West and the poker gang, all the boxing spectators etc. Even the boxers. Maybe when Ocean's Twelve comes out...
Lucinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Re: Movie with the best all around cast

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
Of course there's Heat with Al Pacino and Robert de Niro leading a decent supporting cast.

First movie that popped in me head. Along with Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Jon Voight, Dennis Haysbert, Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, Danny Trejo.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

If we're going for all time best cast Ocean's 11 is a good one... but I think I'm gonna go with...

THE BIG CHILL
Old 10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Lord of the Rings is the first one that comes to mind. Such a great ensemble cast...everyone turned in good performances.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Ocean's 11 was the first thing I thought of. But The Italian Job also had a good cast.
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten
The Lord of the Rings is the first one that comes to mind. Such a great ensemble cast...everyone turned in good performances.
ITA. Everyone not only turned in sterling performances but they also played off each other beautifully. Best ensemble cast in recent memory, and among the best ever.

Judy

icon credit: skje
JudyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Ladder 49! Joaquin Phoenix and John Travolta were like brothers after hanging out, filming that movie!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Jay
Master Fan

i will probably say that Ocean's 12 definetly is the one with the biggest famous cast ever.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say Chicago has a great ensamble cast!!

They all fit so well on their characters, specially Catherine Zeta Jones and Queen Latifah!!

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

A League Of Their Own - everyone played their roles so wonderfully and it is such a great movie as well.
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The first movie that came to my mind is Magnolia: Julianne Moore, Melora Walters, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jason Robards (in his last role), John C. Reilly, Tom Cruise, William H. Macy, etc. They were amazing.

Also Boogie Nights, same director (Paul Thomas Anderson), and some of the same cast.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I would say Harry Potter, the casting is awesome. I mean I read the books and then the movies came out and they are exacting what I visualized. Especially Rupert Grint playing Ron Weasley.
jakepratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've gotta go with Lord of the Rings.

Ian Mckellan, Bernard Shaw, Sean Bean and John Rhys Davies. All brilliant and not to mention all the younger actors.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have to say Traffic!
Its just got a brilliant cast and features one of my favourite actresses of all time - Majandra Delfino!

Also I think pairing Julie Benz and Shannen Doherty up in Satan's School For Girls was a brilliant idea! as they rule! But I can't seem to find the movie anywhere

Also Scream had a great fresh new cast, Rose McGowan another of my faves lol