Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Flight of the Phoenix (2004) #1

Usual drill:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fl...trailer_l.html

Basically, this is a film very similar to the 1980s, Disney film "The Last Flight of Noah's Ark" that originally starred Elliot Gould.

This version is based on a book of the same name and looks to be a little more gritty than the former and has a geat cast (Giovani Ribisi anyone?) too boot.

While the setting has changed (desert instead of desert island), the basic concept is solid and it looks like a good clean, fun adventure movie for this winter.

UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the info on this movie, sounds good.

sounds like a fun movie, always fun to watch a good adventure movie, in the tradition of movies like The Goonies and Indiana Jones....

Was looking up info on this movie and this movie is a remake of the The Flight of the Phoenix movie made in (1965) James Stewart and Richard Attenborough were in the original.... and also what u said comes from the book...

Looks like this movie has a lot of potential of being a entertaining movie.
being released Nov 24, 2004, usually a good time for good movies to come out....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Looking forward to seeing this. Miranda Otto's first major film since LOTR.
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Passionate Fan

That's cool title becaues I live in Phoenix.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Stacey200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Flight of the Phoenix (spoiler)

If you haven't seen it, don't. Not a BAD movie just not worth your money; wait until it comes out on DVD. The trailer makes it seem like a totally different plot and while I don't want to give it away it's not at all what I expected. The ending is so dumb and the storyline that is at the end is unnecessary. They added it in to try and make the movie more exciting and it takes up hardly any time

Oh forget it I have to say! WARNING SPOILER!
Was it even necessary to have the stupid nomads? It was litereally halfway through the movie before we even saw them. They had one scene with them. They shot one of them. Then at the end when they all come galloping down the hill...so lame! It makes me mad because when I saw the trailer/commercials they make it seem like that is the main plot of the movie! Ugh
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

really late reply, but I totally agree. Just one the many lame subplots that were in this movie. Wholly unnecessary. I'd say wait till it comes on TV.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Passionate Fan

A late reply is better than no reply, . Glad you agree with me. I really think it could have been a good movie, but not with that ending.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

did you know this was a remake?

and the ending wasn't precisely the same...but the storyline between the two -the captain and the designer of the plane didn't change.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Dommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

yes, not with that ending and a lot of things in that movie.

Yeah, I knew it was a remake, but did you see this one? It was not good.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Passionate Fan

The the other thing is, I thought the strange guy was going to turn out EVIL. Once again, the trailer totally twists things around. Plus his character didn't make sense; one scene he is crying and the next he is acting like a dictator. Yeah I didn't buy that.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

the guy with the glasses? That movie really didn't come together well at all.

What about the part were they had them singing? The couldn't try to piece a radio together but they had time to listen to a bit of OutKast?!?!
Reply   Post New Thread