Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

A Dirty Shame (2004) #1

Well, I loved Pecker, and I have to say that his later films are better than his earlier ones (I think Polyester is dismally depressing, and Pink Flamingos has never appealed to me), so I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Anyone else?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

opens this friday at the university 6.....across from uci....3 films to see this week.....this one.....'reconstruction' and 'head in the clouds'....hopefully this will be better than his last film......'cecil b. demented'.............will follow up later with a post after i see it....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Ah - I'd blocked that out of my head. Didn't really care for Cecil B. Demented (and I'd had such hopes after seeing Pecker).

I knew I could count on you to post on this thread!

Yay for independents!

My LJ for Movies
Old 09-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked Cecil B Demented...maybe that was just because Stephen Dorff was in it. Ummmm...Stephen Dorff.

Anyways, I wanted to see Pecker and never got the chance so I guess I'll check this one out.

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Spike's 99th kitten
-Chaz
Clash181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I saw the trailer for this....I think I want to see it...
I usually like John Waters films because they are so off the wall.

Hopefully this will be more of the same.

claudia
Old 09-24-2004, 03:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I still haven't seen his early, gross ones. My favorite is Hairspray. I liked Serial Mom, too. I think these worked largely because the lead characters were played by likeable actresses. Hairspray was Ricki Lake's first movie.

I saw Cecil B. Demented on video a few weeks ago, because Maggie Gyllenhaal is in it, though she has a small role. I haven't read Patty Hearst's book about her abduction by the Symbionese Liberation Army, but I wondered if the "cinema terrorists" were modeled on her account. On its own, it didn't make much sense.

So I'm waiting to hear what other people have to say about Dirty Shame before I decide to see it.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr:
Well, I loved Pecker, and I have to say that his later films are better than his earlier ones (I think Polyester is dismally depressing, and Pink Flamingos has never appealed to me), so I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Anyone else?

i just came back from seeinng 'a dirty shame'......it's a movie about sex addicts......i found it crass, gross, disgusting, indecent, repulsive, obscene and tastleless......yet i found myself laughing the whole time i was watching it.....imo it's alot more entertaining than 'pecker' or 'cecil b demented'.......once again performers from prior waters' films make their apppearance (patty hearst and mink stole).....'a dirty shame' is rated nc-17 for among other things full frontal nudity (male and female)......sorry no children allowed......
Old 10-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Okay, sounds like a lot of fun - I've definitely got to see this one. Thanks for your comments, mukooh!

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

oh...it's stupid too....but even with that it's worth a netflix rental........some of the biggest laughs in the audience were coming from a couple of older women behind me.......
Reply   Post New Thread