Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Ladder 49 (2004) #1: A bond forged by fire is never broken.

A bond forged by fire is never broken.

Ladder 49, is in Movie theaters Oct 1st, 2004

Premise of the movie

Written by Lewis Colick, "Ladder" is about a firefighter named Jack (Phoenix) who awaits rescue from a burning building. There, he reflects on his career, wife and family. Travolta will play Kennedy, Jack's captain who is made fire chief. He sees his firehouse, which includes rookie Jack, as a tight-knit family.

Starring:
Joaquin Phoenix John Travolta
Jacinda Barrett Billy Burke
Jay Hernandez Balthazar Getty
Morris Chestnut Kevin Chapman
Robert Patrick Tim Guinee
Brooke Hamlin

Director: Jay Russell
Producer: Casey Silver
Chris Salvaterra
Whitney Green
Screenwriter: Lewis Colick

Can't wait for this movie been waiting for this movie for a while, first heard about it a year or two ago when they started doing the casting to the movie. The movie looks like it will be good.... Excited to see Joaquin Phoenix and John Travolta in the movie, both are good actors. There hasn't been to many fire fighting movies, I saw Backdraft when it came out in the theaters in the early 90's and liked the movie... Frequency a more recent movie, had a little fire fighting action in the movie too... This movie looks to show more of the brotherhood and the life's of the people who save lives and put out fire's.... The movie was filmed in Baltimore, which has a long tradition of fire fighting, the actors actually trained along other fire fighter's, so they could get a feel of being a fire fighter....

Will be seeing this movie opening week....

Last edited by capesidefan; 11-22-2004 at 04:55 AM
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

While I have no interest in seeing this film, I'm glad it's been made - we just don't appreciate those that serve and protect us, including firefighters, enough.

That being said, I don't care for films about fire, which is why I'm skipping it. The Towering Inferno was more than enough to scar me in my childhood.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to see this movie!

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr

That being said, I don't care for films about fire, which is why I'm skipping it. The Towering Inferno was more than enough to scar me in my childhood.
the good old disaster movies of the 70's, wasn't The Towering Inferno a 70's movie., those were quality movies back then they were scary I bet, but now they are funny to watch, like the the movie Earthquake....

Hopefully this movie will try to be more realistic, like past movies and tv shows with fire fighters , they have guys not wearing fire masks inside the fire, in real life you wouldn't survive long with out have a oxygen mask on..... But yeah from what I've heard and seen, they really tried to do a good job showing the real things that go on when fire fighting.
But yeah the prevue's look good, love what I have seen with the movie so far.....

Was watching Prevue for the movie that was on tv earlier today, they said Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs up, so thats good..
Old 09-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
the good old disaster movies of the 70's, wasn't The Towering Inferno a 70's movie., those were quality movies back then they were scary I bet, but now they are funny to watch, like the the movie Earthquake....
Yep - that's exactly what it was, and both movies were scarring for me, as were the Airport series (I think Airport '77 was the worst).

No matter how serious or not, if it involves fire in a building, I don't think I can see it.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

For me this is the same drill as with any Joaquin Phoenix movie -- I'll see it even if its just for him! He looks like he's gained a lot of weight!!So yummy!

Plus, the movie looks good.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

the cast was on oprah yesterday, was interesting, they talked about the training, and also the cast reunited some fire fighter with a fire fighter they saved in a fire in detroit i think, John T heard the story, and connected with it, so flew out the 2 guys who rescued the fellow fire fighter on one of his boeing 747 I think. John was the pilot.....

Can't wait......
Old 09-22-2004, 05:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
the cast was on oprah yesterday, was interesting, they talked about the training, and also the cast reunited some fire fighter with a fire fighter they saved in a fire in detroit i think, John T heard the story, and connected with it, so flew out the 2 guys who rescued the fellow fire fighter on one of his boeing 747 I think. John was the pilot.....

Can't wait......
Yeah i was watching it the other day and crying along side all of them. Before i knew the entire story i knew i wanted to see the movie. They movie seems to be real to firefighters not trying to make it seem like they are perfect heros or do nothing all day but socialize in the firehouse.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was such a sad interview.

Sasha
Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Old 09-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey.

I'm also really excited about this movie. Joaquin is my fav actor of all time; but he's not the only reason...It looks like it's going to be excellent.

Right now I am in the process of begging my sister to come and see it with me (no one else wants to and I'm pretty good at twisting her arm) lol.

So I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!!!!!

Krista.
Whiskey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't wait to see this movie either. I had a couple of friends win tickets to a special screening and they absolutely loved it! They said all the actors were fabulous and the storyline was really intense...as well as the scenes. THey totally got me psyched to see it!!
stargazer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stargazer123
I can't wait to see this movie either. I had a couple of friends win tickets to a special screening and they absolutely loved it!
thats great to hear Sounds like some of the critics like it too, so I think it'll be pretty good...... Just one more week....
Old 09-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait!

Sasha
Old 09-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

one of my writers for the newspaper I work for has to go review this movie. are there any early reviews for this movie, and are they any good?

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread