Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

First Daughter (2004) #1

I can't wait for this movie and the reason is: Marc Blucas. I want to see him next to Katie Holmes and I just want to plain see him. I hated his character on BTVS but since then I have a movie star crush on him.

--------------
Link to movie's trailer

Plot Outline: The first daughter of the U.S. President heads off to college where she falls for a graduate student with a secret agenda.

Cast:
Katie Holmes .... Samantha Mackenzie
Marc Blucas .... James Lansome
Amerie Rogers .... Mia Thompson (as Amerie)
Michael Keaton .... President Mackenzie
Margaret Colin .... Melanie Mackenzie
Lela Rochon .... Liz Pappas (as Lela Rochon Fuqua)

Info from IMDB.com
--------------

Anyone else interested?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm slightly interested. But, I've never gotten over my Riley hatred to like MB. Also, it's a little to Chasing Liberty without the pretty European background.

But, I'll probably rent it one night. Or wait until they play it for free on campus.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Aww - but scarred, dark Riley was terrific! Plus, it wasn't until season 5 that Riley began to suck...

In any case, I'll probably see this one.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

looking forward to this movie, think it was smart for them to hold off on this movie, and release it at a different time then Chasing Liberty which kinda bombed at the box office.. I think this movie has a fair chance of doing pretty well. I didn't like chasing liberty to much in seemed, like a movie that's been done few times, The Bodyguard, so hopefully they change it up a little bit with First Daughter add a little comedy, a lil romance.... Excited to see Katie Holmes in a nice leading role
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
Excited to see Katie Holmes in a nice leading role
Same here...seems like she has been out of the spotlight way too long. I'd like to see her in more of The Ice Storm type of movies but I will be seeing this one.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure how I feel about this one... because how many times have movies like this been made?
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by summerbug
Same here...seems like she has been out of the spotlight way too long. I'd like to see her in more of The Ice Storm type of movies but I will be seeing this one.
hope to see this movie do good, hopefully it has a good script... her last few movies have done decent, like Pieces of April, it had more critic acclaim behind..... Abandon one of her other recent movies, was on the other side, the script was not that good.... So I'm hoping this movie does well. But Its nice to see her career, on the hot track, we'll also be seeing her in the new batman movie, that'll be great////
Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Passionate Fan

My friend's older brother was an extra in this movie. He said he met Katie Holmes and she is nothing like her screen characters. He said she was really mean to the extras and kept demanding all sorts of little things from people.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra
My friend's older brother was an extra in this movie. He said he met Katie Holmes and she is nothing like her screen characters. He said she was really mean to the extras and kept demanding all sorts of little things from people.
thats interesting, but thats only one time, maybe she's different other times, just caught her on a bad day?
Old 09-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think she's a phenomonal, beautiful, captivating actress. I will go see it for her talent and exquisit beauty.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really want to see this movie. It looks really good and I love Katie Holmes and Marc Blucas. I hope it's really good and not like all the other President's daughter movies.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr
Aww - but scarred, dark Riley was terrific!
Not to mention sexy

But yeah, the movie will probably be good as in, predictable romance comedy good. And I know that no matter what, I'll get the DVD when it comes out.

Today, its all about the DVD.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR

Today, its all about the DVD.
bling bling, I'll be getting it If I'm not too poor being a college student by the time it comes out
Old 09-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie! I love Katie Holmes and I think First Daughter will be a nice, relaxing, romantic comedy!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra
You guys would be surprised how a lot of the stars you guys like are NOT that nice a person in real life. I will just leave it at that...

As for the movie...

They were going to release this last year to compete with "Chasing Liberty", but since CL was not a summer release (it was late fall), they decided to see how it did -- it bombed -- And move this to later this year to right after the Summer season as to not compete with the big movies like Spider Man II and others.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread