Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) #1

Plot Outline: The film is a world-wide adventure tale that centers around a European Oceanographer (played by Bill Murray).

Bill Murray .... Steve Zissou
Owen Wilson .... Ned Plympton
Cate Blanchett .... Jane Winslett-Richardson
Anjelica Huston .... Eleanor Zissou
Willem Dafoe .... Klaus Daimler
Jeff Goldblum .... Hennessey
Michael Gambon .... Drakoulias
Bud Cort .... Bill Ubell

Trailer: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

I can't wait to see this movie! Anyone else interested?

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Calmly Chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I really want to see it! Even though it does kind of look like it's just The Royal Tenenbaums set on a submarine.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never saw The Royal Tenenbaums, but I love pretty much all the actors in this, especially Bill Murray, and the trailer looks hilarious. Like when he's dancing to the music.

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched the trailer and it does look good. I love Bill Murray as an actor. He is so funny in Caddyshack and he looks great in this plus Owen Wilson isnt bad either
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by alli balli
I really want to see it! Even though it does kind of look like it's just The Royal Tenenbaums set on a submarine.
I was totally just thinking that!!!

I loved The Royal Tenenbaums though, so I'll probably check this out.

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Spike's 99th kitten
-Chaz
Clash181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the trailer this past weekend. When I saw the first scene of Bill Murray dancing to music while Cate Blanchett was interviewing him, I knew this is gonna be a good one. I didn't watch The Royal Tenenbaums, maybe I should go check it out first.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

quarterley - Agreed. Once I saw that first bit, I was sold. That has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

~*~
Old 09-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Wes Anderson movies! I cannot wait to see this. Bill Murray gets better with age as a comedian...he's fabulous. The cast looks great for this one - as usual
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

When does this movie come out?
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just saw the trailer for the second time, and am very excited for this film. It looks great. Bill Murray will certaintly win an Oscar for this.
peacecorps2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

The movie is released on Christmas of this year.

Peace - I think so too, from the looks of the trailer.

Plus, I can't wait to see Willem Dafoe. I bet he'll be so funny.

~*~
Old 09-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

This film seems more light-hearted than "The Royal Tenenbaums" and more accessible to a wider audience than TRT... Which is a good thing ... But it still has that indeliable Wes Anderson mark on it (the relationships and parents/children motiffs).

The funniest part of the trailer is when the spokesperson asks Bill Murry, "And what is exactly is the scientific significance of hunting down this shark?"

He responds, "To kill it" in a classic, dead-pan Bill Murry tone

The other funny one is at the end when he and Owen Wilson are standing at the dock listening for whales and Owen thinks the fog horn is the Whalesong
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Those parts were great.

Here's the trivia for the movie so far from IMDB...

Gwyneth Paltrow was originally set to play Jane Winslett-Richardson, but couldn't because of schedule conflicts. Nicole Kidman expressed interest and Wes Anderson hired her. Kidman was forced to bow out due to other commitments, and Julianne Moore requested the role. However, it eventually went to Cate Blanchett.

The character of "Wolodarsky" was named after director Wes Anderson's close friend Wallace Wolodarsky, probably best-known as a writer on "Simpsons, The" (1989).

Bill Murray couldn't accept his BAFTA Award for his performance in Lost in Translation (2003) personally because he was in Italy filming this movie.

And a news article I found interesting...

Blanchett Discovered Pregnancy by Fainting
6 November 2003 (WENN)
Cate Blanchett only discovered she was pregnant when she passed out on the set of her new movie The Life Aquatic - while she was being fitted with a prosthetic belly. Ironically, the Australian actress plays a pregnant mum in the Wes Anderson film, and she was preparing for the role when she found out she was pregnant with her second child for real. She says, "I was having the prosthetic belly fitted and I fainted and I thought, 'That's really odd.' I thought I had a gastro problem, and I found out I was pregnant! It was a very weird experience having a bodycast fitted - you have to take your clothes off, so you're naked, and they cover you in plaster of Paris on the front and the back and it's quite claustrophobic and you can't breathe a lot. So I fainted and I must've smashed the cast. They put all this black plastic around me, so I woke up and, if you faint, you don't know where you are for the first few minutes. I woke up in black plastic, covered in plaster, naked. I thought, 'This is the end!'"

~*~
Old 09-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty

The funniest part of the trailer is when the spokesperson asks Bill Murry, "And what is exactly is the scientific significance of hunting down this shark?"

He responds, "To kill it" in a classic, dead-pan Bill Murry tone
I love it! What a great line...I also know exactly what you mean when you say classic, dead-pan Murray. Getting off on a sidenote about Murray, I didn't like Charlie's Angels but the one thing I did like was him locked in that jail tower with the bird. To me, that was classic Murray. He's awesome!

That's good to know about Gwyneth Paltrow being one of the original cast because I can see her in this one. She was fabulous in Tenenbaums. It's really too bad she wasn't able to stay in the role.

I could be wrong but this one seems more Rushmore than Tenenbaum.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread