Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Best Slasher Flick Chase Scenes

You know those long, drawn-out chase scenes in the 90's "slash 'em up" teen flicks where the big-breasted blonde is chased by the psycho serial killer?

Some highlights that stand out to me would be Sarah Michelle Gellar's chase scene in I Know What You Did Last Summer and Tara Reid's in Urban Legends.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Urban Legend ( SPOILERS if you haven't see it.) has some good ones. I especially love Sasha's. She's running all over the radio station, getting on elevators, jumping from staircases, punching glass windows, etc, etc. Then at the very end, she gets it. They actually made me believe that she was going to escape but yeah, no such luck.

Anyway, all the time this is happening she still has her mic open and you can hear her screaming for help over the radio, but everyone thinks it's a prank.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's this German horror movie called Anatomie. Anna Loos (one of the hottest actresses ever) has been dosed with this drug that turns blood rubbery so she's running for her life but getting progressively slower because of that drug. You're rooting for her but it's just not gonna happen. And she's in her underwear. Gotta love that part, too.
Pele_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

does it just have to be 90's films?

cause I really liked the one in Wolf Creek....i wasn't a fan of the movie but i loved the chase between the killer and the 2nd girl who was murdered(i havent seen the film in months so i don't know their names lol). But the second one who manages to make it out to the road and into a car. I thought she was going to escape and i was rooting for her..then he shoots her in cold blood..i thought it was just so cool.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart (View Post)
does it just have to be 90's films?
Please no. The 90s was a classic year for slashers, though. The whole Scream backlash has its place secured in this thread.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Hm, I agree with the SMG scene. When she pounds on the door to her sister's store, that is crazy suspense.
Psycho Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

So it's not just 90's right? I'm not sure if it's considered slasher flick, but there is some killing involved in the movie, but I like the scene when the tables get turned around and Sheriff Wydell chases Baby down in The Devil's Rejects. Classic turn around...
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Friday the 13th (2009) -
Spoiler:
That was probably the most effective and intense scene of the whole movie!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

I think hands down, the best chase scene in horror movie history is in the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The entire second have of the film is a chase scene. And it's so messed up! So yeah, the family chasing Sally is the best ever
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread