Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

Worst Movie of the Summer

Let it out... Which was the biggest downer after all the hype!

Newsweek.com fans voted for the ill Catwoman followed by Fahrenheit 9/11, White Chicks, The Chronicles OF Riddick and Van Helsing

This is election year, folks. Who are YOU voting for?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

catwoman.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

Why? Was it that bad?? Tell me!

I haven't seen it (nor will)
Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR

I haven't seen it (nor will)
same goes for me, from the prevue's and the hype, it looked like it was pretty lame
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

All of them.

And I mean that in a serious way.

In fact, I only saw a few of the "big" ones (Spider Man II; King Arthur; I Robot)... But that was enough for me, unfortunately.

It's getting to the point where movies, especially the Summer Blockbusters, are nothing but HYPE and "event pictures" that are supposed to be like some grande "social event" that the entire nation/world shares on some uber-psychological level, or something...

When all they are movies

None of the big blockbusters were impressive to me... Which upsets even me since I like big-budget, action movies -- Something the Summer is supposed to perfect for.

I don't know.

I just think HW needs to stop trying to make "the next big thing" and concentrate on telling REAL stories again... Stories that have real characters, real problems and a real HEART and that aren't "dumbed down" for the masses.

I know this won't happen... But it's nice to dream, eh?
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

ITA!!

I want to dream your dream. I only saw Spider-Man 2 and I was satisfied.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Van Helsing kind of sucked. 'Little Black Book' wasn't what I expected, too.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Van Helsing. I walked out within five minutes of that movie, pretty much because I didn't want to see it to begin with but my friends dragged me. I went to go see New York Minute instead, which clearly shows I really didn't want to see Van Helsing.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty
I just think HW needs to stop trying to make "the next big thing" and concentrate on telling REAL stories again... Stories that have real characters, real problems and a real HEART and that aren't "dumbed down" for the masses.

I know this won't happen... But it's nice to dream, eh?
Wouldn't that be nice? I'd love to go to a movie and walk out feeling like I got my money's worth and like it surpassed the expectations I got from all the hype, much more often than I do now.

But anyway, I thought New York Minute and Catwoman were huge disappointments.

Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Conner brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one, annoy like the wind!
ms_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Worst Movie of the 2004 Summer

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
Let it out... Which was the biggest downer after all the hype!

Newsweek.com fans voted for the ill Catwoman followed by Fahrenheit 9/11 and.....

perhaps the inclusion of 'fahrenheit 9/11' into this list had something to do with right-wing republican dogs flooding the poll?....

i'm only kidding............but online polls are often flooded by special interest groups just to skewer the results ......

i'm afraid i couldn't vote in that poll anyway....given the choices....i haven't seen any of those films....to tell you the truth i haven't watched one film this summer that concerns wizards, spiders or vampires.............

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Re: Re: Worst Movie of the 2004 Summer

Quote:
Originally posted by mukooh
perhaps the inclusion of 'fahrenheit 9/11' into this list had something to do with right-wing republican dogs flooding the poll?....

Just as Mike Moore Skewered the facts in his movie.

I think Van Helsing was crap, too much hype and expectations that it just couldn't meet.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hmm... just reading your posts, I'm just glad I didn't watch any of the ones you mentioned. I thought Troy was a bit sad, too, though. For an epic, it just wasn't "big" enough. And "KA." Pfffth.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

I haven't watched Catwoman, Chronicles of Riddick, Van Helsing, Little Black Book, White Chicks, and New York Minute.

Cuz basically I thought they would suck anyway.

Some of the movies I saw, namely King Arthur, Troy, Spiderman 2, The Notebook etc. were good but I thought it would have been better. Basically I either thought the script wasn't as well written as it could have been or I didn't like the director's style.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Van Helsing was a big let-down. And I am such a Stephen 'The Mummy' Sommers fan, I also usually like Hugh Jackman, but not this time.

Cronicles of Riddick is much better than it sounds as long as you dont take it too seriously. Worth a look.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

I have yet to see it but I would say Catwoman. My cousin who is a big Halle Berry fan said it had to be one of the worst movies that Halle Berry did and the worst comic book movie ever. So I guess I won't be seeing it.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread