Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

what are your favorite movie theaters?

anyone have any favorite movie theaters?.....and your reasons why.....

one of my favorite movie theaters is the lido regency.......located on the balboa peninsula (newport beach, ca.....the orange county) just south of pacific coast highway on newport boulevard......close and convenient....a mile from home......

recently saved from the wrecking ball......specializing in documentary, foreign and independent film.........art deco in design......featuring a one person box office in front of the theater......wooden seats....a balcony....a screen with a curtain, trimmed in gold, in front of it that goes up when the show begins.........and murals adorn the walls to either side of the seats, with dolphins, orcas, and other ocean animals that glow in the dark under "black lights"......very cool......

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Addicted Fan

I just like the Regal theater in Warrington here; its not all old and cool like the one you're near, but its the closest one to me with nice stadium seating and is usually the only one to get indie movies. The other 3 near me get them sometimes but less often.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don't have a fave theater I just go whenever a movie comes out I can't wait to see.

But usually I just wait for the DVD. I know, that's horrible and it does not fulfill the movie experience but heh.

Yours sounds great, though. Art/foreign/indies films are raw gems we must support.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

This is the one I go to most of the time...

Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Addicted Fan

In Melbourne: The Astor at number 1 Chapel street and The Rivoli, Camberwell Junction. The Riv is probably comfier but the Astor, only having one screen, do loads better movies, and stuff after it's been through normal release and so on.
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

I like the Regal24 Theater at the mall of Georgia, it's the best new facility in the state...plus it has the IMAX

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ronnies 20 cine is pretty popular at where I live in Missouri. Lots of people go up there including myself to enjoy the big arcade, mini food center where you eat in these cool looking cars while watching short movies on a screen, the food, and of course the movie itself.

My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
I don't have a fave theater I just go whenever a movie comes out I can't wait to see.
Same here! I go to a local Edwards theatre, but I sometimes go to the theatres at Ontario Mills.

link

Sasha

Last edited by S.A.S.H.A.; 08-19-2004 at 08:41 PM
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Re: what are your favorite movie theaters?

Quote:
Originally posted by mukooh
anyone have any favorite movie theaters?.....and your reasons why.....

one of my favorite movie theaters is the lido regency.......located on the balboa peninsula (newport beach, ca.....the orange county) just south of pacific coast highway on newport boulevard......
I think i've seen that one. I live a little more inland in OC and that's where i go to the beach.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

My favorite is a pretty small theater where alot of kids don't hang out. I don't care for the big threaters i.e. AMC.

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

It used to be the Village Green theatre. A small, local theatre that had only 6 rooms until it was closed down because of Rave Motion Pictures and Regal Cinemas. But now any movie theatre is my favorite, because I love going to the cinema
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Same here! I go to a local Edwards theatre, but I sometimes go to the theatres at Ontario Mills.

link

Sasha
I go to that one too
Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by QTgirl
I go to that one too
Cool

Sasha
Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Well, my movie going trend will change dramatically when they open a new theater about 10 minutes from my house. I think I'm going to live there....

So, even though its not even open yet, that's my new favorite movie theater!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I now go to a new Edward's theatre that is the same distance from the other Edward's theatre I used to go to. I like the new one because it's in a secluded area, so there are no losers around, whereas the other theatre is on a main street with a lot of traffic.

Sasha
Reply   Post New Thread