Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 05:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Thunderbirds (2004) #1

I looked around and I didn't see a thread for this (sorry if there already is a thread - I couldn't see one), is anyone looking forward to this movie? Or am I the only one?

It's weird because I've never been into the show but I think the movie just looks fun. Kinda like "Spy Kids" which I really enjoyed. I was lucky enough to see a couple of scenes being filmed last year and since then I've been looking forward to the flick.

Here's a few details:

Main cast:
Brady Corbet - Alan Tracy
Bill Paxton - Jeff Tracy
Dominic Colenso - Virgil Tracy
Ben Torgersen - Gordon Tracy
Sophia Myles - Lady Penelope
Ron Cook - Parker
Soren Fulton - Fermat
Philip Winchester - Scott Tracy
Ben Kingsley - The Hood
Anthony Edwards - Brains
Vanessa Anne Hudgens - Tintin
Lex Shrapnel - John Tracy

Director: Jonathan Frakes.

Release dates (from imdb.com):
UK - 23 July 2004
Netherlands - 29 July 2004
USA - 30 July 2004
Belgium - 4 August 2004
Denmark - 6 August 2004
Norway - 6 August 2004
Sweden - 6 August 2004
Japan - 7 August 2004
Thailand - 12 August 2004
Iceland - 13 August 2004
Spain - 13 August 2004
United Arab Emirates - 25 August 2004
Hungary - 9 September 2004
Australia - 16 September 2004
Czech Republic - 16 September 2004
New Zealand - 16 September 2004
Switzerland - 16 September 2004 (German speaking region)
Finland - 24 September 2004
Germany - 30 September 2004
Russia - 7 October 2004
Italy - 8 October 2004
Switzerland - 13 October 2004 (French speaking region)
Brazil - 22 October 2004
France - 27 October 2004
Argentina - 28 October 2004

And some posters:

http://www.thunderbirdsmovie.com

Anyway, yeah, I just think it looks fun even though the reviews haven't been very good. Anyone else?

Btw, I don't start threads very often so I hope this is okay.

Last edited by Just Tracy; 07-21-2004 at 12:06 PM
Just Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Addicted Fan

No-one? Oh well, okay then.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

dont worry ur not the only one

YEY!! Thunderbirds comes out in errrrrm 3days i think this one of the very few times that a movie is released in the UK before anywhere else

i think my friend's maths/science (cant remember which) is in the Thunderbirds!! which is kinda cool

well cant wait to watch Thunderbirds !! (even though whenever it was on TV i always used to change the channle )
Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mandine
dont worry ur not the only one
Cool! That's good to know!

Quote:
YEY!! Thunderbirds comes out in errrrrm 3days i think this one of the very few times that a movie is released in the UK before anywhere else
Yeah, it's pretty cool that it's out over here before everywhere else - you're right, it doesn't happen very often!

Quote:
i think my friend's maths/science (cant remember which) is in the Thunderbirds!! which is kinda cool

well cant wait to watch Thunderbirds !! (even though whenever it was on TV i always used to change the channle )
That's cool that someone you know (or someone who knows someone you know) is in it. Who do they play in it?

I've never been a fan of the TV show either - I've tried to watch it before but I got bored after about 5 minutes. My friend's a big fan though and he's also looking forward to the movie!

Thanks for posting, btw! I was starting to think no-one cared (or even knew) about this movie!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

dont worry someone cares i dont know anyone who wants to go watch Thunderbirds, so its nice to finally talk about it with someone.

i have no idea who my friends teacher plays at the begining i thought he was playing one of the leads but now i have no idea. and my friends gone on holiday so i cant even ask her! but thats cool, the first thing i tell people is that my friends teacher is in the film, they're so amazed they dont even ask what character he plays ur the first to ask
Old 07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

i have no idea who my friends teacher plays at the begining i thought he was playing one of the leads but now i have no idea. and my friends gone on holiday so i cant even ask her! but thats cool, the first thing i tell people is that my friends teacher is in the film, they're so amazed they dont even ask what character he plays ur the first to ask

I've been trying to find an Alan Tracy wallpaper - but the official site doesn't seem to have one, or if they do I can't find it.

I actually went to the London premiere on the sunday justgone (not to like see the movie but to see the cast ariving/leaving etc). Considering it was the world premiere it wasn't very packed, and people kept asking me what was going on!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Ooh u went the premiere cool! one of my aims in life is be a screaming fan in the pouring rain (its england it will be raining ) at leicester square . so how was the premiere??

OMG people were asking what was happening? thats terrible! i really think that Thunderbirds hasn't had enough advertising (compared to other films like King Arthur) and its really gonna affect the amount of money it makes etc.

i went to HMV yesterday and there was this guy (ithink he did one of the voices for the tv series) and he was signing new Thunderbirds merchendise, it was weird coz there were only about 5 people there and i mean Thunderbirds was really big and there was practically no one there!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Addicted Fan

The prem was cool. I was one of those screaming fans! Lol!

Yeah, it was shame that people didn't seem to know about it, although, I didn't know about the prem until the day before it actually happened. I suppose it wasn't reported on the news or anything.

The advertising has been pretty good near me, I've seen a whole bunch of posters and loads of trailer on the TV. I guess it's justkinda got lost amongst "King Arthur", "Spider-Man 2" etc. Hopefully, it'll still do fairly well. It is the right time of year for "kids" movies I guess. I have seen a load of new merchandise aswell.

That's a shame that no-one was there for the signing - maybe people didn't know about it or something?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Yea i guess no one knew about the signing.

u've seen Thunderbird posters?? all there is in my area are Spiderman and King Arthur posters!!

YEY its comes out tomorrow!! (i think since being on holiday i've lost track of days and dates )
Old 07-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

u've seen Thunderbird posters?? all there is in my area are Spiderman and King Arthur posters!!
Yeah, there's quite a few different ones. There's one with all the craft on it with all the Tracy brothers standing at the front. Then there's a poster for each craft.

I've seen them all apart from a Lady Penelope/FAB 1 one that my friend told me about.

I haven't actually seen that many "Spider-Man 2" posters around here. I've seen loads of "King Arthur" ones though.

I also just heard on the local news (for London as that's where I am) that Thunderbird 3 made a visit to Trafalgar Square earlier today. Apparently, to promote the movie and London as a film location.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

London Tonight right??? yea i saw that too apperently my mum saw it! not quite sure when but she did.

(had no idea why there was a big red rocket in the middle of Trafalger square )

i saw my first Thunderbird's poster today (of all the Tracy bro's)
i think most of the Spiderman posters are on the busses but im pretty sure i've seen a poster too.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't know - frankly I'd rather see a movie with the puppets.

I saw the trailer and the beginning of the film looked good - I mean, it looked a lot like the puppets did back in the day, especially the two palm trees splitting apart and the rest of the island (I remember that vividly), but then it looks like it just gets silly.

But then, Hollywood is rarely successful at translating cartoons (or puppets, as the case may be) into action films...
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

yea the two palm trees splitting appart looked really good, and maybe Hollywood is really bad at turning cartoons or puppets into action films, but theres only one way to find out.

i have to agree though, the trailer did start to look a bit silly but it wont stop me from going to watch it (specially if im stuck baby-sitting )
Old 07-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm more looking forward to the movie 'cause it looks fun - instead of comparing it to the TV show, I know that's gonna happen because of it being based on the TV show and all.

Anyway, like I said, I think it looks fun and I love a good kids adventure movie!

I did think that the full length trailer wasn't very good, it showed too much, imho. But the two teasers were awesome (especially the one with Blur's "Song 2" on it). I've seen a few good trailers on TV too. The shorter the trailer the better, imho. Trailers are supposed to give you a taste and leave you wanting more, not show you the whole movie!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

yea thats true, the trailer does give a lot away, like u said its supposed to grab ur interest not tell u the wole story so that there's no point of watching it! *sighs* oh well!

i feel completely lost! i kept thinking yesterday was wednesday when it was thursday which means today is friday, but i keep thinking its thursday well at least there's one good thing about it being Friday, Thunderbirds is out today
Reply   Post New Thread