Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

"Holiday" Episode Discussion

I know the ep aired in December, but it was an ep that cause a lot of controversy in all the Degrassi threads here in FF.

Some discussion questions:

What was your favorite part? Storyline?

I personally loved the episode. Finally Craig choosing to be with the one he trully loved: Manny. And Joey & Caitlin back together after all these years.

In retrospective, what do you think of "Holiday" now after watching "Accidents will happen" & "Rock 'n Roll High School"?
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
New Fan

I liked Holiday alot. I thought it was actually a good dichotomy between the Ashley/Craig/Manny triangle and Joey & Caitlin getting back together. Caitlin had finally forgiven Joey after he broke her heart all of those years ago in a situation where Joey had basically done the same thing then, that Craig had done now. I think losing Caitlin the way he did finally made Joey start to grow up, and hopefully Craig'll learn from his mistakes and start down that same path of maturity. Who knows, maybe Craig and Ashley will find each other again one day, although I wouldn't expect to see anything like that in the forseeable future.
darkstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked Holiday, too. I'm really not a big fan of the old love triangle storyline, especially when it breaks up one of my favorite couples. They showed Craig's confusion really well. He didn't know who he wanted to be with. One minute he says that Manny's the one and then he goes to talk to Ashley, she gives him the guitar and he remembers how much he loves her, too. I agree with darkstorm, it's kind of like the Joey and Caitlin relationship from the old episodes. Craig screwed up and he knows that, hopefully he'll learn from it. I loved the scenes between Joey and Caitlin, too.

In retrospective, what do you think of "Holiday" now after watching "Accidents will happen" & "Rock 'n Roll High School"?

Some people said that Ashley overreacted by telling the whole cafeteria that they were pregnant, but I think she had a right to overreact. Finding out the person you loved slept with someone else, especially at a young age, is pretty heartbreaking. There are a lot of worse things she could have done. I don't really feel bad for Manny because I think she knew what she was doing. She said she could keep a secret but then she tells Craig to dump Ashley. She changed to get his attention. The whole thing just made me dislike her even more. But Manny isn't the one to blame, it's Craig. He knew what he was doing all along. I think Craig should stay away from relationships for awhile.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

What was your favorite part? Storyline?
Being an old school Degrassi fan, I would have to say Joey and Caitlin. I enjoyed the whole episode because of how it was written with Craig being the younger Joey in this case and how the Craig/Ashely/Manny situation was weaved in to the Joey/Caitlin situation of days gone by.

Again, with Manny getting pregnant this just goes back to Joey/Caitlin with Tessa being pregnant and so, it is interesting to see what Joey's reaction to all of it is. I'm a big fan of Craig and Ashley being together and think that Manny isn't the right one for him. I remember Paige's comment in one of the breaks where they show snippets of the show and how she said something about if Ashley hadn't been so "cold" to him that maybe then he wouldn't have cheated. I never thought that Ashley was cold towards Craig and think that it Craig's fault for what he did. I'm wondering if Craig's dad ever cheated on his mom. But, like someone else said, I don't see a Craig/Ashley pairing anytime soon.
azjdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by darkstorm
Who knows, maybe Craig and Ashley will find each other again one day
I agreed with everything in your post except for that. ::xio looks at her avatar::
Quote:
Originally posted by konstantine
One minute he says that Manny's the one and then he goes to talk to Ashley, she gives him the guitar and he remembers how much he loves her, too.
Actually to me, when Ash gave him the guitar he didn't realize how much he loved her, to me he felt guilty that he was stringing this girl along while being in love with someone else. ::xio looks at her avatar again::
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||

Last edited by ¤}{îÖ¤; 07-16-2004 at 08:23 AM
Old 07-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Banned

I remember watching this for the first time..

going into it... Criag is so great..... blah blah blah....

coming out of it.... i think i was saying loudly to anyone who would listen..Oh NO you DIDNT just make out with both of them..... HA they dumped ur dumb a**.....

i love craig but come on dawg... bad craig go take a time out
LivingInTheOCsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤}{îÖ¤
Actually to me, when Ash gave him the guitar he didn't realize how much he loved her, to me he felt guilty that he was stringing this girl along while being in love with someone else. ::xio looks at her avatar again::
I don't think we're going to agree here because I think the whole Manny/Craig thing was just a crush.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think not. But hey, we still have Emma/Sean. ::xio looks at your avatar and sighs::
|| Manny/Craig
Old 07-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Absolute Fan

it was an okay episode. i mean i doubt craig loved either one of them because he would have been able to choose, like a while ago. and if he really "loved" manny he wouldnt have been all that upset about loosing ashley. and he wouldnt have lied to her.i probally am not the biggest fan of this episode because of all that manny/craig stuff. to be honest, i dont like them at all. they seem awkward to me. ashley and him always made more sense and had better chemistry and alot in commen...in my opinion.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

I cried with Manny. I couldn't help it.

And Joey/Caitlin getting back together was awesome.

One scene that sticks out for me is Craig and Manny in his garage, and her wanting him to warm her up .

And how Spinner thought he was a stud.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenBitch
One scene that sticks out for me is Craig and Manny in his garage, and her wanting him to warm her up .
That was such a guy thing to do, I was really surprise that it was Manny who said it. But then again, it showed how that they had been together for a while, both physically & mentally
|| Manny/Craig
Old 12-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Addicted Fan

I forgot how much I didn't like Sydney Joey/Caitlin are a couple I can take or leave but I'm glad they wrote her off in favor for these two. Although it bugged me Caitlin couldn't wait for 5 seconds to let Spike get her picture and ended up ruining it.

I think it's about time they do another Christmas episode.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 12-13-2016 at 09:25 PM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

How can they have Christmas in Toronto if it's always warm and sunny outside?

I think I might have mentioned this once or twice, but I'll repeat it again...this episode is on the short list of my favorite all time episodes.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Craig and Manny. Yes I know he didn't love her, but she always loved him.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

For a rewatch! I know for a lot of you watching this episode is a holiday tradition.

The discussion here is really short. I don't think I've ever been in here. I thought there would be bullets flying. Kinda disappointing honestly.

Here's The-N's promo. Followed by a RFR one and I think I spy Paula Brancati.