Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Concert Experiences

{ last thread I start, promise }

I've never been to an Evanescence concert, but I'd love to hear from people that did go. Which song was best live? Did you get to meet them? And really, anything you want to share.
me too.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

GRRR...

Evanescence came to my country (NZ) last year, and i had my ticket, and my boss said i could have the night off, and he rang me the morning of the concert and said "Hey you have to work" he threatened to fire me so i was so P!SSED!!! next time they are here, theres no holding back

I saw them perform on an awards show thoguh, that seemed funking awesome!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

I saw them in Lisbon, October 2003.
I loved the show. I wasn't a big fan of the band by then but I went with a friend whoi really likes them. I loved the show. Amy's voice was great live.
My favourite songs were "My Immortal" with the whole band. By then I had onloy listened to the version that is on "Fallen", I had never heard the band playing the song.
I also loved "Bullets with Butterfly Wings". It's a cover of a S,mashing Pumpkins song. That's probably my favourite Pumpkins song.

Last month, I didn't see them but I watched their show on tv. It was still a good show and they covered another Smashing Pumpkins song, but Amy's voice wasn't very well. There was something wrong with her voice. Another friend of mine who watched the show said Amy couldn't sing.

I found a problem in both shows: they were too short. Evanescence didn't play any song from "Origin" that weren't on "Fallen" and the shows ended up being too short.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Sadly enough, never seen them live. I don't even know if they are playing anywhere around me.

Ashley
Old 07-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw them this past Sunday, July 11. They were amazing! I liked MI and Everybody's Fool. But it was all good! Of course, Amy singing with Seether was great too.

~sokie 4 life~
Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anabela, Kreviazuk, I'm so jealous... sounds like you two had lots of fun in their concerts.

And Illicit, your boss is a jerk. Let's kick him! *smiles innocently*
me too.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw them in concert twice and once at the Teen Choice Awards.

There was something really special about the way Amy performed My Immortal with only the piano when I saw them the first time. Her voice is very powerful but sometimes it gets lost in the music. It really gave you an oppertunity to hear the clarity and tone of her voice, which is lovely.

I also really liked My Last Breath, because it was just just so full of energy and life. Absolutely brilliant. I have some of Bring Me To Life on my cell phone, I recorded it there and still to this day love to make other people listen to it.

:rose:
Mandy
Old 07-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KervyQT16
I have some of Bring Me To Life on my cell phone, I recorded it there and still to this day love to make other people listen to it.
I was gonna do that with My Immortal!!! But I was in the middle of getting soaked with a water hose, and I didn't want my phone to get wrecked. Plus, I'm not 100% sure how to record, so I didn't want to miss part of the show playing with my phone!

~sokie 4 life~
Old 07-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Illicit
GRRR...

Evanescence came to my country (NZ) last year, and i had my ticket, and my boss said i could have the night off, and he rang me the morning of the concert and said "Hey you have to work" he threatened to fire me so i was so P!SSED!!! next time they are here, theres no holding back
Dude, that sucks! I went to that concert, and it went off! The only thing is they took ages coming out, and everyone got pissed off, so some people started chanting for them to come out. It didn't work
Old 07-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by KervyQT16
I have some of Bring Me To Life on my cell phone, I recorded it there and still to this day love to make other people listen to it.
Is there a way for your to transfer it to the computer? I'd love to hear it.
me too.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard
Dude, that sucks! I went to that concert, and it went off! The only thing is they took ages coming out, and everyone got pissed off, so some people started chanting for them to come out. It didn't work
Grrr, was it really good, i never wanted to know what i missed out on, cause i knew id be even madder?!

They better come back when they tour the next album.

Where bouts you from.

And whoever said it, believe me i would love to kick his fat little head in

Old 07-16-2004, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Illicit
Grrr, was it really good, i never wanted to know what i missed out on, cause i knew id be even madder?!

They better come back when they tour the next album.

Where bouts you from.
I'm from Auckland, so I didn't have far to go

The concert itself was really cool. Everyone sang to BMTL and they played My Immortal last, and it looked like it was going to finish, and then Amy said "We can't end this on a *****ing ballard!" and they played a really rock-y song (I can't for the life of me remember what it was though). It was so cool. I actually downloaded all their old songs so I'd know them all at the concert, but the only one not from Fallen they did was Farther Away, but that's one of my fav's, so I was happy.

I hope they come back to tour for their next album as well, I'd see them again in a heartbeat.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Re: Concert Experiences

Quote:
Originally posted by Mely
{ last thread I start, promise }
I'm not going to hold you to that.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:32 AM
New Fan

Here's mine I posted on a different forum a while ago. The concert was in August last year, the day after all the poweroutages...

I thought it'd be cancelled because of the poweroutages but thankfully it wasn't. It took use about 1 hr. 15 min. to get to Cleveland and we had to stop in a Subway to get directions how to get to the Tower City Amphitheater but that didn't help much we still had to ask 4 different people for help on the way there. We got there at 3:30pm (concert started at 7:30) and were 2nd in line (I went with my sister Joanna and our friends Shelly and Sheena).

There were 3 radio stations set up there and 1 was doing an interview with Amy and after 2 girls ran up to her and got her autograph (1 girl got it twice) and my sis and I were next (I was standing 1 foot away from Amy!!!) but some idiots pulled her away and said she had to leave so we didn't get her autograph (but she looked right at me and my sis and apologized).

We then found out if we took bags in we'd have to stop and let them search them so I went up to the parking garage to put our bag back and couldn't get my sister's car alarm to shut off. So I had to run back down to ask her how then run back up to shut it off and then back down again to wait. When they opened the gate we ran in and got front row center. I was so close that the first time I saw Amy was when she came up to the end of the stage and I looked up and saw up her dress (not that I was trying to) I was just too close and the stage was like 3-4 feet above me I couldn't see anything until she came to the end of the stage and I didn't know what she was wearing so I wasn't expecting that but after a few songs she went back and put on pants.

The 3 opening acts were awful. They were so lame and all sounded the same. When Evanescence came on people were crowd surfing and I got kicked in the head FOUR TIMES but the security gaurds were sooo nice and made sure I was okay (I'm really short) and you get smashed by all the people behind you. Every once in a while I thought I was going to break my arm or suffocate and was VERY tempted to leave cause the security gaurds said if I wanted to they'd help me get out. It was in the upper 80's, humid, and about 2000 people were crammed in there. I got my hair pulled, elbows in my back, and people stepping on me, it was nuts! I knew it would be pretty bad but I didn't think it'd be THAT bad.

My sister got to hold on to Amy's hand for a few seconds and Ben and Amy would drink their water and spit it out on everyone and since I was front row center I got it all over me lol and Sheena got one of the shirts they were throwing out into the crowd.

Songs they did: Going Under, Tourniquet, BMTL, My Immortal, Farther Away, Zero, My Last Breath, Everybody's Fool, Taking Over Me, Haunted, Whisper, Imaginary, Even in Death
--------------------------------------------------

I did get some good video clips and pictures I may post later. My sister and Sheena are going to Columbus today to see them in concert with Seether. I decided not to go because I'm a chicken and too scared.

Last edited by mandolinmonster; 07-16-2004 at 06:38 AM
Old 07-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard
Everyone sang to BMTL
Something that surprised me on the concert I went to was that everybody in the crowd seemed to know all the songs. There was a huge sing-along going on at the show.

mandolinmonster: I'm sorry you got smashed and kicked in the head at the show. That must have been awful.