Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

The Costume/Merchandise Thread

It seems that the previous thread was pruned out, so I started a new one. If you need help with a costume or just want to show off your HP things, go ahead!

Now, here's my problem. I need to make a Durmstrang outfit, so if anyone has any tutorials on how to make a general HP costume, that would be awesome. I'm a newbie, so go easy on me.

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 07-06-2004 at 04:43 PM
Rattus Norvegicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Total Fan

I just bought this shirt.

Sirius Black Azkaban
on a Miracle Drug
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

I once posted a website where you could buy Hogwarts scarves or just the yarn to make it and my computer crasehd so I lost all my favorites, including that site. I really wanted to get one and I finally have money so does anyone know the site by any chance?

-Audrey Hepburn
Celebrian Saralonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I want a new PoA movie style Gryffindor scarf but all the ones I've seen on eBay are made of wool and I can't wear it

Rattus Norvegicus - I've dressed as Moaning Myrtle a few times before, would any info about that costume be helpful to you?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Alivan's has alot of HP stuff. They have scarves but I'm not sure what their made out of.
There's Magic in the Sound of Their Name, Here Come the Irish of Notre Dame. Go Brady!! #10
~Ashleigh~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Addicted Fan

They do the scarfs here too - http://www.hpwizardstore.com/ - but they're 100% wool too.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Tracy
I want a new PoA movie style Gryffindor scarf but all the ones I've seen on eBay are made of wool and I can't wear it

Rattus Norvegicus - I've dressed as Moaning Myrtle a few times before, would any info about that costume be helpful to you?
Actually, I think it would. I mean, robes and stuff are pretty standard, right? We don't get any info other than that they're bloodred. So if you've still got it, I think that would be really helpful.

Wool sucks, I can't wear it either. It itches and I get a rasch. :/ Aren't there any cotton scarves around though? I'll have a look around, see if I can find anything.

And åplease, call me Maik.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Maik - here's a picture of me as Moaning Myrtle, I went for the no robe look because I didn't have a robe. I'm assuming you'd require a skirt and sweater (maybe socks?) in blood red. Over here in the UK you could probably get those is any school unform store. I'm not sure where you are but do you have school unform stores there?

Yeah, it's annoying that they don't do the new PoA style scarfs in acrylic (or anything that's not wool) but I do have a previous movies/book style Gryffindor scarf which is acrylic.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Tracy
Maik - here's a picture of me as Moaning Myrtle, I went for the no robe look because I didn't have a robe. I'm assuming you'd require a skirt and sweater (maybe socks?) in blood red. Over here in the UK you could probably get those is any school unform store. I'm not sure where you are but do you have school unform stores there?

Yeah, it's annoying that they don't do the new PoA style scarfs in acrylic (or anything that's not wool) but I do have a previous movies/book style Gryffindor scarf which is acrylic.
We don't wear schooluniforms here, so no store. :/ But yeah, I'm thinking along those lines too. I actually found a site yesterday which sold acrylic housescarves, but they were expensive. Here's the site:
HPscarves
Old 07-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Harry Potter coffee mugs with lids!

There are lots and lots of Harry Potter mugs out there, but I need one that has a lid and is spillproof. Has anyone seen any?
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Qfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Extreme Fan

This is a great site for all HP things. I've been looking for almost an hour and I couldn't find any mugs with lids. :/
aybe they haven't made any?
Got Bear?

JustTracy , they sell acrylic scarves there too. And they're cheap, only $21.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattus Norvegicus
I've been looking for almost an hour and I couldn't find any mugs with lids. :/
Maybe they haven't made any?
I think you're right. Thanks for looking, I have been looking for one now quite a while.
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Qfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I think the site you are all looking for... well the ones looking for scarves that is.. is:
knit.atypically.net

its the one everyone always used to recommend.. and its a great site unless i'm very much mistaken they use acrylic yarn aswell.
hope this helps
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Cheermione Silverstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

they have a bunch of stuff at hottopic.com now for harry potter clothes

VOTE SEAN BIGGERSTAFF!

Joryness!
People Suck. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Banned

i got a question, but only for UK'ers.

has anyone seen the stationairy in tesco, theres this harry potter set and on the rubber theres this funny clown looking thing. what does it have to do with HP cos i have no idea.
allyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top