Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) [Documentary] #1

'fahrenheit 9/11'......i'm planning on seeing it.....no matter what the controversy....anyone else?........your thoughts and comments please.....

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 10-20-2018 at 09:37 PM
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing it, too. I liked "Roger and Me" when I saw it years ago in a theater. I saw "Bowling for Columbine" on video a few months ago. The reviews I'd read made it sound rather crass, which was why I hadn't seen it during its theatrical run, but it turned out to be quite moving.

Eps from his TV show, TV Nation, which was actually one of Fox's early "reality" shows (they are sometimes creditted with starting the genre, with "COPS") are available on DVD. I think it was only on for a season. I hope to rent them sometime this summer.

He also has a movie on video called "The Awful Truth", that I've never heard anything about.

Two other lefty documentaries I'm looking forward to this summer:

The Corporation is a Canadian documentary about the legal and political history of multinational corporations, and how they influence modern culture.

The Control Room interviews Al Jazeera correspondents about their experiences trying to cover the war in Iraq.

The above links go to the IMDB review pages for these movies. The Corporation has a reasonably user-friendly home page at www.thecorporation.com, but The Control Room has a Flash-laden, browser-crashing nightmare at http://www.controlroommovie.com/site/01.html. I can't tell you whether it has any useful info.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Supreme Fan

cannot wait for it. i don't know if there's gonna be a theatrical release over here or if i'll have to wait for the dvd but i'm definitely gonna watch it.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

I've seen the trailer, and I don't know if it's the Hendrix, or what, but now I'm SO anxious to see this film.

But I didn't like the Charleton Heston thing last time, so I'm a bit wary...

Still, Michael Moore's premise that our country is the victim of an unconscious (or even conscious) fear campaign was fascinating.
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

I won't see this movie. The fact what he did to Charlton Heston still bothers me in the last movie he did. Just his way to slam Bush again like he did at the Oscars the year before.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I enjoyed Columbine and will see this too...

Um, and what did he do to Charlton heston??
Old 06-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the trailer today. Had a lot of laugh out loud funny moments. I haven't even seen Bowling For Columbine and The Corporation yet, so don't know if I'd like Michael Moore's films, but would probably give it a try.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Passionate Fan

What kind of film gets a standing ovation that lasts 25 minutes??? Must be pretty amazing. I enjoyed Bowling for Columbine so I will definately check this movie out as well.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by quarterley
I saw the trailer today. Had a lot of laugh out loud funny moments. I haven't even seen Bowling For Columbine and The Corporation yet, so don't know if I'd like Michael Moore's films, but would probably give it a try.
The Corporation isn't by Michael Moore. It was made in Canada by a couple of the same people who made "Manufacturing Consent" (which I've not seen, but it seems to be largely an interview with Noam Chomsky).

Right now, it's only showing in Northern California. It starts opening around the rest of the country in July (though it will open in Seattle next Friday). Here's a link to the opening dates and theatres where it will be showing around the US so far, and the page has a link to Canadian dates:

http://www.thecorporation.tv/usa/

Roger and Me is the other well-known movie by Michael Moore.
It's about his attempts to talk to then-GM president Roger Smith about the closing of a GM plant in Flint, MI, and the toll unemployment took on the people's lives.

I just looked at the page of movies he's directed on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0601619/

and realized that he was the director of the 1995 John Candy comedy "Canadian Bacon", about a US president who attempts to raise his standing with the electorate by trying to start a war with Canada. I saw it on cable years ago.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'll watch this movie as fast as it's released here. I loved "Bowling for Columbine".
Old 06-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I am going to see this. I think it will open up a lot of people's eyes to what is going on.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by mattia
I enjoyed Columbine and will see this too...

Um, and what did he do to Charlton heston??
I believe he ambushed Heston in his own home. Also we have to keep in mind Heston is a man currently suffering from Alzheimers.

I do like Michael Moore. I didn't have a problem with his speech at the Oscars. But I am sometimes bothered by his tactics.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Addicted Fan

i am so seeing this movie! its opening June 25 in Canada and i'll be 1st in line.

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
nun with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

the newest poster.....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr
But I didn't like the Charleton Heston thing last time, so I'm a bit wary...
Same here. It was almost as if everything he was trying to say he completely undermined with that Heston interview and leaving the photo.

I'm interested to see this one that's for sure - always gives us something to talk about I LOVE the picture of him and Dubya strolling hand in hand - hilarious!
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread