Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Passionate Fan

The Believer (2001) #1

what did you think?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

....i saw 'the believer' in an "art house" theater when it was first released......about 2 years ago....anyway these are my thoughts, scattered as they may be in regards to this film....all in all i liked it....i found myself comparing this film to 'american history x'....both of the main characters in each film shared the same bigoted and racist beliefs....in 'the believer'....when "danny" was stating his beliefs, the rhetoric and hatred almost sounded funny until one remembers that there are some people who actually believe and embrace this way of thinking......in 'american history x' "derek" ultimately changes his beliefs while in 'the believer' "danny" is always questioning his......finally 'the believer' at least to me, ended on too much of a metaphysical note.......all in all i recommend watching it....probably back to back with 'american history x'.........looking for the similiarities and well as the differences....

movie picture postcard for 'the believer' given away at the theater i saw this film at....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ryan gives an amazing performance. Almost bone chilling. I liked the movie.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Passionate Fan

ryan gosling is awsome in it-- i can't wait to see more of him.

mukooh-- did you like this one or AHX better?

i liked this one because i think his being jewish himself added a more intriguing angle to the whole premise
Old 06-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, i saw this film. I also found myself comparing it to American History X. But what made this different was the fact that he was Jewish himself. And there always seemed to be that struggle in him for what he actually believes in. Whereas in AHX, Derek went from being a total Nazi to realizing how stupid his beliefs were. Ryan Gosling was amazing in this movie.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

This movie came on one morning at like 2am and I got so into it, being a huge Ryan fan already, and reading what the movie was about I had a feeling it would defienatly be something I'd want to watch. So I stayed up and watched the whole thing, it was a really good movie, Ryan's performance in it was great
Reply   Post New Thread